ACM Red Carpet ~ Various Artists

"You look very pretty." Kelley handed me a microphone with a grin. I smiled, twirling a bit to make my skirt swish around my knees.

"Thank you." I grabbed the microphone and adjusted the wire, "So did Joel give you any last minute info?" Kelley shook her head and I nodded, "Good. I don't need anything else making me nervous."

Kelley laughed, "You'll be fine, Lola."

"Promise?"

Kelley laughed again, "You've interviewed like half the people here already." She swept her arm towards the slow approaching line of artists, "You'll be fine."

I scoffed, "I have not interviewed half of the people here." Kelley shook her head and I pointed at her, "And those interviews were different. They were in the studio and this," I gestured around us, "is a huge and important event."

Kelley sighed and picked up her camera, "I'm done talking to you about this." She nodded to the carpet, "Pay attention." She began to make adjustments to her camera as my grip on the microphone tightened.

"Okay. I got this."

An hour had passed and I had successfully gotten through three interviews with Thomas Rhett, Miranda Lambert, and Brothers Osborne. Kelley was smirking at me, "Told you that you would be fine." I stuck my tongue out at her and she laughed.

"Hey!" I felt a presence behind me and turned to see Brett Eldredge. I greeted him quickly and immediately started talking to him about touring and his new music. Brett answered every question with a big, goofy grin on his face.

"Before you go, I have to ask," Brett leaned in closer, making an obvious show of giving me his full attention, and I smirked, "How's Edgar doing?"

Brett's smile widened, "He's doing really well! He wanted to be here, but this doesn't end until way past his bed time, so I told him he had to stay home."

I laughed, "That's very responsible of you." Brett shrugged and laughed as we said our goodbyes and I thanked him for the interview. This continued until I was joined by a beautiful and fabulous lady.

I smiled at the camera, "Ladies and gentlemen, Maren Morris!" She grinned and waved at the camera. I chuckled, "This is a big night for you. How are you feeling?"

"I'm really excited to be here and to be nominated. It's so great."

I nodded, "I'd say six nominations is pretty great." She nodded and laughed. "How much do these nominations mean to you?"

"They mean a lot. It's a real honor to be nominated and to know that my music reaches people, it's really great." Maren and I talked for a few more minutes before she was moving on and I was preparing for the next person.

As I turned back to the carpet, I felt a hand on my shoulder and a pair of lips on my cheek. I jumped back, but relaxed as I saw the laughing face of Kip Moore.

"You're not funny." He only continued to laugh while I smirked, "So I guess you want me to interview you now?"

Kip nodded, "That would be great. Don't you think?"

I nodded, "I guess it would be smart of me to interview a fantastic artist who is getting ready to release his third studio album in just a few short months." Kip laughed and I nodded at Kelley. She pointed the camera at us and motioned to me to begin. I held the microphone up and smiled, "We've just be joined by the completely amazing Kip Moore." I turned to the singer, "Hello, Kip, how are you enjoying the night so far?"

Kip smiled, "The night is going well. More than happy to be standing here talking to you." He winked and I blushed.

"You need to stop doing that." He laughed and I shook my head, straightening up, "So tell me about the new album. I know a lot of people who are looking forward to it." Kip's interview ended with another kiss on the cheek and then he was gone.

The night was winding down and basically everyone was in the building by now. Kelley placed her camera back in its case and smiled at me, "Excellent job tonight, Lola."

I curtsied, "Why thank you." I helped Kelley pack up the rest of the equipment, hoping that this wasn't the last award show I would be covering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Omg! The 100th imagine!! I'm shocked that I made it this far and I want to say thank you to everyone who reads and votes and comments and requests. It means so much to me. Requests are still closed. Thanks for reading. Also thank you to iloveNiallLoiusnLiam for this idea.

And in honor of the 100th imagine, I'm doing a different question of the chapter, I'm wondering if any of you have a question you want to ask me. Leave them in the comments and I promise to get back to you. Thanks again!