Karaoke Queen ~ Cole Swindell

Requested by Amanda3325

I moved swiftly around the tables, balancing a tray full of drinks. I made it over to the table and passed all the drinks around before pulling my notepad from my apron, "Have y'all decided what you want?" The group nodded and began rattling off orders with me scribbling them down as fast as I could. I smiled when they had finished, "I'll put these in right away." I made my way back to the kitchen and put the order in.

As I was making my way back out to the floor, one of my co-workers passed me, "You're up, babe." I have her a quick smile before removing my apron and walking towards the small stage.

"And now ladies and gentlemen, it's that time of night where we bring out one of our very lovely waitresses. You know her. You love her and if you're new here then you better get ready because here comes our resident karaoke queen, miss Amanda." I hopped onto the stage and applause filled my ears. I laughed as I took the microphone that was offered to me.

"Thank you, everybody. Thanks for coming out tonight. I love hearing y'all singing your hearts out this karaoke machine." I heard some cheering and I grinned, "So let's keep this party rolling." I stared at the screen and waited for the song I had picked earlier to start playing. As the words appeared on the screen, I looked back out into the crowd and immediately made eye contact with an unfamiliar fellow in a ball cap. He smiled and I returned it as 9 to 5 started playing. I belted out the beginning of the song, completely off pitch, but I didn't care. I danced around the small stage while singing all the words, engaging with the cheering crowd and laughing at myself. I hit notes that only dogs could hear and my voice went flat several times, but I kept going. Watching my co-workers dancing off to the side, I laughed and made my way down the step and over to them. We danced together and as the song was coming to a close, I made my way back towards the stage. I made eye contact with ball cap again and have him a wink as he grinned at me.  Stepping onto the stage, I hit the last note of the song and then proceeded to take a bow, "Thank you! Who's next?" Everyone cheered, a few whistles thrown in and I laughed. I handed the microphone to the next singer and made my way to the bar to grab my apron and get back to my tables.

As I was tying the apron on, ball cap came over and leaned against the bar, "That was quite the show."

I smiled at him, "Thank you. Will I be seeing you on the karaoke stage?"

He laughed, "Nah, I don't think so."

"Oh come on. You gotta do it." He shrugged and I laughed, "Too shy?"

"Something like that." He stared at me, "How about a duet?"

I pursed my lips and shook my head, "Sorry, but I don't do duets."

"No? Why's that?"

I smirked, "My voice is just so great that I don't wanna overpower someone else." He laughed and I giggled, "I gotta get to my tables, but it was nice meeting you..."

He stood up straight and stuck his hand out, "Cole."

I took his hand, "Nice to meet you, Cole. Think about getting up there," I nodded to the stage and he laughed.

Releasing his hand, I turned to check on the orders for my table, but was stopped as Cole called over to me, "Okay, so no duet, but how about a date?"

I turned to face him, pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes in thought, "That would be great." I walked over to him and grabbed his hand. Writing my number on his palm, I winked at him and leaned up to kiss his cheek. He smiled down at me as I sashayed into the kitchen, waving to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you like it! If not then let me know and I can fix it. This was a one word prompt. The word was karaoke. Request again whenever you want. Thanks for reading!!