Shiny Ring ~ Luke Combs

Requested by kacey_monroe

I smiled as the light from the setting sun caught the diamond on my left ring finger. I slid my bare feet through the sand as small rainbows glittered around. I could feel Luke's eyes on me, but I couldn't drag my eyes away from the shiny ring. "You gonna look at me once tonight?" My smile widened as I turned to look at my fiancé. He smiled back, "There's those pretty eyes." I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks, making Luke laugh.

I smacked his chest before smiling at him, "We're engaged." He chuckled and nodded. "We're getting married." I went back to looking at my engagement ring as Luke's arm slid across my shoulders and he leaned closer to me. I pushed against him in response, resting my head on his shoulder.

Luke leaned down to whisper in my ear, "Are you happy?"

My eyes slipped shut as I nodded, "So happy." I opened my eyes and looked up at him, "I was not expecting this when you said it was date night." Luke kissed my forehead. "It was perfect." I stared up at him, "This whole night was." I moved me head back to his shoulder and we sat together in the silence, Luke's hand rubbing small circles on my back. My eyes flew open and I jumped away from Luke, "I have to call my mom!" Fumbling a bit in the sand, I was able to lift my phone from my pocket and unlock it quickly. Luke stared at me as if I had three heads as I FaceTimed my mother. "She's going to freak out!" I grinned at Luke and he chuckled at my excitement.

Soon enough my mother's face appeared on the screen, "Hello?!"

I pushed the phone away, "Ma, you don't have to yell." Luke laughed harder and I smacked his arm. Turning back to the phone, I smiled wider, "Mom, Luke and I have some amazing news."

She squinted at me, "Oh is Luke there too?" I nodded and shifted the phone so that we were both in the frame.

Luke waved, "Hey, mama B!" She waved back and immediately launched into some story about her feud with the neighbors and their cat, ignoring my attempts to get her attention.

"Ma! I didn't FaceTime you so that you could talk about your neighbors!" She stopped talking and stared at me.

"So why did you call?"

Leaning my head on Luke's shoulder, I held up my left hand, allowing the diamond the catch some of the light, "We're engaged." She started squealing which caused her dog to go crazy and my dad to run into the room, demanding to know what was wrong. My mom couldn't get a word out, so I yelled to my dad about our engagement, prompting a new set of squeals from my mother. Luke and I laughed at the scene of my dad trying to calm my mom as she jumped around the kitchen in excitement. After a quick goodbye, I ended the call, still giggling quietly. Luke kissed my forehead once more as I turned to him, a glint in my eye, "Let's call your parent next."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Requests are still closed. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy.