Sunglasses ~ Brian Kelly

Requested by Queen_Shala

It was finally summer and that means one thing: Music Festivals. I had five planned this year and I could not wait for the first one. My favorite artists would be headlining and I was going with a huge group of friends who were bound to raise some hell. Lucky for me, I only had to wait a few more hours as I was currently sitting in the passenger seat of my friend's van as we were driving upstate to the festival grounds. "I cannot wait for this weekend to officially kick off."

Kelley stifled her laughter in the back, "That's because your dreamboat is gonna be headlining today." Everyone else burst into laughter as I tossed a box of tissues at Kelley.

"Shut up!" They only continued to laugh, so I turned up the radio to tune them out.

A few, humiliating hours later, we he arrived at the festival. We all jumped out of the van and made our way to the gates. After scanning our wristbands, we went in and immediately went to grab some beers. Once we each had one we made our way to the stage to watch the first act of the day.

It was a long day of dancing and drinking and now there was only one act left. Florida Georgia Line. My friends and I stumbled off the field and went searching for a picnic table while we waited for the stage to be set up. "So, Deonna, you ready to see your man struttin' around the stage?" My friends drunkenly giggled and I rolled my eyes.

Pulling my sunglasses off my face, I stared at Kelley, "You guys are so immature." She laughed and I tossed my shades onto the table, "Honestly, just because I like their music, it does not mean I'm in love with Brian Kelly."

Kelley laughed again, "No one said it did, but you are in love with him." I scoffed and pushed her shoulder. She lost her balance and fell off the bench, onto the grass. We all laughed at her as she stumbled to her feet and brushed herself off. She stuck her tongue out at me and I laughed harder.

My other friend jumped up, "Let's go get a good spot." We all followed her back to the stage, making our way right to the very front. As soon as they walked out on the stage, I was screaming and jumping. The music started up and I screamed louder, singing along to all of the words. The show was winding down and there was only one song left. Kelley swore that she saw Brian stare at me a few times and she promised that she saw him point to me, but I just told her she was being crazy. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned to see a burly man in a security jacket staring down at me, "Excuse me, ma'am, but can you come with me?" I stared up at him as Kelley got between us.

"What's this about? She do something wrong?"

The man shook his head, "No, the band wants to see her."

My eyes widened, "The band? Florida Georgia Line?" The man nodded and I turned to Kelley. She winked at me, so I followed the man backstage.

"Wait here." I nodded and the man left me standing somewhere in the wings of the stage. I nervously tapped my foot and twirled my hair. I can't believe this is happening to me.

"Hey." I turned and my breath got caught in my throat at the sight of him. He smiled at me and I squeaked out some kind of response. He chuckled and my face flushed. Brian started digging through his pockets, "I don't mean to sound weird, but I saw you with your friends earlier, before the show and," he pulled my sunglasses out of his pocket and it was only then that I realized they were missing, "You left these on the picnic table." All previous shyness was gone as I reached out to take my sunglasses.

I looked up at him and smiled, "Thank you. That's really sweet of you."

He smiled, "Well I tried to get your attention before you went to the field, but you couldn't hear me. I figured I'd hold onto them and try to find you later, but then I saw you at the show."

I giggled, "You were gonna go through all that trouble just to return my sunglasses?"

He nodded, "Yeah, well I thought you would be missing them. They looked really nice."

I giggled again, "They cost $3."

Brian rubbed the back of neck and looked at the ground, "Oh." I smiled as he looked up at me, "Maybe I kind of wanted to meet you."

"You wanted to meet me? Why?"

He sighed, "I think you're beautiful and I want to know more about you." He looked at the ground again. I smiled and stood on my toes to place a kiss on his cheek. I pulled back and his head snapped up, his eyes meeting mine.

"Did you wanna go grab a drink or something?"

He nodded, "Definitely."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So that was a little longer than I had originally intended. I got a little carried away, I hope that's okay. Thanks for the votes and the requests. I've got a pretty long list to get through, but if I keep to my schedule then I'll have everything posted by Wednesday. Anyway, thanks for reading!