Meeting ~ Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks

Requested by AlwaysBrenny

I had gotten to the Opry very early, as I was unable to sit still at home due to my intense excitement, and was just wandering around the lobby. There were a few other early birds, but it was mostly quiet. The show wasn't going to start for another two hours. I plopped into a bench and did some people watching. There were workers rushing about, making sure everything was ready for when the rush of concert goers did finally show up, and people milling about as I had been doing previously. A fancily dressed woman strode through the lobby, holding a clipboard and wearing an Opry employee badge. A few of the others gathered around her and I jumped to my feet, wondering what was going on. As I approached the group, I heard the woman start to speak, "Everyone here at the Grand Ole Opry wants to thank you for your dedication to country music and this wonderful building." She held her arm out and gestured to the room around us, "We'd like to give you all a chance to win a meet and greet with Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks." Excited chatter broke out among the group of twenty or so people. I felt my heart stop. I needed to win. The woman waved her hands a bit, "All you have to do is take a ticket and put one half in the bucket." Another woman had walked over, holding a roll of red tickets and a bucket. The first woman took the bucket into her own hands, "I have three passes, so I'll draw three tickets." She smiled at everyone, "Good luck." The second woman started to hand out tickets to everyone who had assembled. Once I got mine, I tore off one half and tossed it into the bucket. It only took a few minutes for everyone to get their ticket in and then it was time for the drawing. The first ticket was plucked from the bucket, "24367."

"That's me!" A woman behind me started jumping up and down, waving her hand around."

The Opry woman smiled and handed over one of the passes, "Congratulations." She reached into the bucket again, "24352." I sighed as another woman claimed her meet and greet pass. There was only one left now. The woman swished her hand around in the bucket, drawing out the last ticket, "24360." I looked down at my ticket.

24360.

Oh my God. My head snapped up and I raised my hand, "That's me." The others in the group groaned and dispersed as the woman smiled and handed me the laminated pass. I took it from her with a grateful smile and stared at the plastic.

"You three can head over to the backstage door over there." The woman pointed to a corner and I followed her hand with my gaze. She smiled at us, "Enjoy yourselves." She walked off in the opposite direction and I took one last look around before I followed the other two winners to the door that we had been pointed to. We all stepped through the door only to be greeted by a rather large security guard. We showed him our passes and he smiled before leading us down the hallway.

He stopped in front of a door, "I'll send you in one at a time." We nodded and stood against the wall. The first woman went in and I tried to steady my breathing. This was the most exciting thing to ever happen to me. It wasn't long before the first woman had exited and the second one had gone in. I was next and I could feel myself shaking. The second woman stepped out of the room, a huge grin on her face. The security guard motioned towards the door and I swallowed thickly before pushing the door open with shaking hands. I stepped into the room and was immediately greeted by Trisha Yearwood. She smiled at me and I somehow managed to smile back.

"Come on in, Sweetie." She waved me over and I stepped closer. "How are you?"

I nodded, "I'm good. So excited to be meeting you." Trisha laughed as Garth stood up from the couch that was pushed against the far wall.

He smiled and held his hand out, "Well it's nice to meet you." I shook his hand, nodding. "You excited for the show tonight?"

I grinned, "Yes! This is the first time that I've ever been to one of your shows and I can't wait."

Trisha laughed again and stepped up next to me, "You're so sweet. Want to take a picture or something?" I nodded frantically as I pulled my phone from my back pocket. I held it up as Trisha and Garth stood on either side of me, their arms around my shoulders. I smiled as I snapped a quick photo.

"Thanks so much!"

Trisha reached over and hugged me, "No problem!" She pulled back and smiled at me, "Enjoy the show." I nodded again and shook Garth's hand one more time before slipping out of the room. I leaned back against the door after it had clicked shut. Best. Day. Ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you like it!! Thanks everyone for reading and voting!!