"You on Jayn'sh team?"

Chapter 90
{Zayn}
[read A/N at bottom (:]

Zayn squeezed the purple duck, squirting water all over Liam.

"Zayn," Liam said sternly, though he was laughing. Zayn giggled and squirted him next with the red one. "Jayn not doing. Duck wantsh to pee." He shrugged innocently, resulting in Louis to tickle his sides. "You need a haircut," he deadpanned.

Zayn frowned, touching his soapy hair. "No, don't be Nawiall."

"Okay you can keep you hair like you want it," Liam assured him. "We just can't see your eyes often and you always have to push it away from your face."

Zayn pondered at that, knowing Liam had a point. But he couldn't even remember the last time he cut his hair, and it just...it's scary. He was so lost in thought, frowning down on the edge of the bathtub, that he hadn't noticed Louis grab a duck. Before he could react, he was squirted in the face.

Zayn sputtered, looking up with a pout. "Not niche."

"That's what you've been doing to us ever since you started bathing!" Louis exclaimed with a laugh, squirting some more water. Zayn shut his eyes and threw water back, using his hand this time.

Louis gasped as his shirt got wet and Liam laughed quietly, Zayn grinning proudly. Now he was the water man too.

After he changed into his new pajamas (red with the Lightning Mqueen car on it), he lay down beside the two boys on the sofa. They watched Toy Story 2 and Zayn was so engrossed that he hadn't noticed the main door open. It wasn't until someone left a sloppy kiss to his cheek that he looked up. Niall tried to plop down between him and Louis, but Louis scooted forward, blocking his way. "Sorry, you're interrupting, Neil."

Zayn frowned, holding out a hand to Niall. "You can shit with Jayn."

Instead of taking his hand and smiling, Niall snorted. "No thanks, kiddo. I'd rather do it in private."

Harry nudged him as he and Louis laughed. Zayn leaned towards Liam, shooting Louis a look. "Twatow."

"What's a tratoe?" Louis asked with a laugh. He narrowed his eyes, leaning in. "Do you mean traitor? Are you calling me a traitor?"

Zayn laughed and pushed Louis' face away. "No."

"Sure about that," Louis asked, eyeing him suspiciously. Zayn tried not to smile as he answered back. "Japp."

"Now comes the best part," Liam commented, and Zayn turned back to the movie. He heard Louis, Niall and Harry talking faintly, but his main focus was on Woody. Zayn promised himself he would take care of his toys, new and old.

He hadn't realized how tired he was until Liam began to rub circles on his back. It didn't take long before he curled up into his side and fell asleep, feeling the usual safeness that he had been given by the boys.

<><><><><>
The next morning Zayn woke up to the sun rising. He walked downstairs where Maria was cleaning up the coffee table from last night's snack.

"Good mowning!" he chirped, rubbing his eyes and pushing his hair back.

"Morning darling," Maria said, ruffling his hair lovingly. Zayn smiled and followed her into the kitchen. "What bweakfasht?"

"Toast and marmalade," Maria replied, walking over to set the things. Zayn heaved himself up on the chair, legs dangling. He smiled proudly and sat waiting for Maria to show him.

Toast turned out to taste really good and marmalade was sweet, making the toast taste even better. Zayn finished up quickly, sipping his apple juice. He watched as Maria washed last nights dishes in the sink. Maybe if she could finish early, they could play together. "Jayn can do the dishesh," he offered with a smile. "Jayn done it befowe."