"No"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 147
[Louis]

Once Zayn started to forget why he was even mad at Louis, he scooted back beside the boy, placing his head on his arm. The TV was still on, the residents of the house were crowded in the living room, and there was lots of chatter in the air. Most of the inhabitants in this house didn't like Pj Masks. Such couldn't be said for the little twins who were lying on their stomach on the couch, eyes glued to the screen.

"How are you feeling?" Louis asked Zayn quietly, rubbing his arm. Zayn pursed his lips, and the dim lights cast a shadow over his face. Still, Louis could see the furrow in his brow. "Not cold," Zayn summed up after a little thinking.

As he leaned against Louis' side, Louis notice that Zayn started to get heavier and heavier. He payed especially notice to it when Zayn's head started dipping. "Zayn," he said softly, carefully lifting the apparently sleeping boy in his arms. Zayn didn't even stir, his eyes closed and the blanket wrapped around him to the shoulders. Louis hugged the boy to his chest, letting him sleep. He needed all the rest he could get.

An hour later, he and his sisters were paying monopoly. It was a tight and competitive game, especially since they were all about crushing each other. They were sprawled out on the carpet, the coffee table between them. Louis was leaning against the couch where Zayn was asleep.

"A three, yes!" Phoebe exclaimed, Daisy falling back dramatically.

"Go to jail," Louis laughed, pushing his sister playfully. "That's what happens when you get hotheaded."

"Relax guys, It's just one jail time," Daisy said with a groan. Felicite smirked at her. "But it's satisfying to see you drown."

"And you don't get to finish the round, which means I get 2000 before you," Phoebe pointed out, making Louis nod. "Excellent point. Also Dais, I get to buy the third plot you've been aiming for."

Daisy was about to reply, her face giving away that it was a curse word, but Johannah was walking down h stairs. Louis winked at his sister. "Wouldn't want mum to hear you swear, sis."

"You're all going to regret this," Daisy said confidently. Felicite threw the dice with an eye roll. "Sure."

Johannah smiled at them, sitting down on the couch beside Zayn. Louis looked up at her. "The twins asleep?"

"Yeah and Dan fell asleep with them," Johannah chuckled. Louis smiled at her, trying not to show the worried look in his eyes at the sight of the dark circles under her eyes. "You should head to bed too."

"Nah, I think I'll join you guys," Johannah said, opening her palm for a playing piece.

Charlotte tossed her one and smiled. "Welcome to the game. I joined late as well, but I'm ahead of Phoebe."

Phoebe huffed, grabbing a handful of popcorn and stuffing them in her mouth. "Not entirely true."

"Who's in the lead?" Johanna questioned and though Daisy was about to answer, her siblings gave her a look. Louis couldn't help but laugh. "Well, Daisy is definitely not in the lead."

As they all laughed, he heard a mumbling sound from behind. His instincts kicking in, and Louis turned around worriedly. Zayn was still asleep, hand thrown on the arm of the couch, one leg dangling by Louis' shoulder. His hair was tousled, the baby hairs at the front curled from what Louis presumed was heat. Zayn did seem like he was quite warm, though he had looked better earlier. Frowning, Louis took in the boy's flushed cheeks, and he placed the back of his hand on his forehead. He was burning.