"Bwubblegwum!"

Chapter 31
{Zayn}

Zayn rubbed his eyes groggily as he stood up. He was asleep in someone's lap, arms draped over his legs. The toddler looked up to notice that he had fallen asleep in the car, lying over the boys in the backseat. The arms that were draped over him was Niall's, the soft snores being heard from the lad. Zayn sat up, and Liam flashed him a smile. "Hey."
Zayn rubbed his eyes with his fists, yawning. "He-e-e-ey."
"Still sleepy?" Harry asked with a smile, and Zayn responded with a short nod. They'd had to leave the house because of the 'press confinence' and 'the lunch for the perfume'. Zayn shook his head. Who arranged lunch for their new perfume? These famous things were very weird and crazy. Anyways, the boys had to go. Zayn wished they could skip it today, because the past days had been so boring. Especially the past week.
Alberto was driving the car this time, and he spoke up when they arrived. "Starts in an hour so you guys should freshen up."
Niall groaned, lifting his head up. Drool was leaking through his mouth, and he wiped it away with his sleeve. "Can't it wait, like two more minutes?"
Louis chuckled, shoving the lad out the door. Liam helped Zayn jump off the car and he walked behind the boys as they entered a big stoned building.

A man came up to them and greeted them. Zayn frowned in thought. He'd seen him before...
"Nice to see you too, Simon." Liam said. Oh yeah, he was the nice man from that day in the meeting.
Simon smiled down at Zayn. "And how are you doing?"
Zayn froze, slowly looking up at him. Simon kneeled down, and Zayn turned his attention to his sneakers.
"Come on, I believe I've never personally talked to you, huh Zayn?"
Zayn shrugged quietly, not uttering a single word. He looked up at the boys, and they seemed to encourage him with their eyes to speak. Louis nodded his head towards Simon slightly, encouraging him further. Zayn shifted his weight onto his other foot and said, "Hi."
Simon grinned. "You can talk!"
Zayn huffed. "Yesh."

"How old are you?" Simon asked, amusement glinting in his eyes. Zayn held up three fingers. "Twee."
Simon chuckled and shook his head, standing up. He ruffled Zayn's hair before turning back to the boys. Zayn was left stunned for a moment, but then he ruffled his hair back to it's messy state.
The lads talked to Simon on what to do, perfume, album, and blah, blah, blah. Zayn looked around the building, trying to find something he could entertain himself with. His eyes lit up as he noticed colorful small balls in one big glass ball, standing in the corner. Bubblegum.
Zayn grinned, tugging at the nearest person's shirt, which happened to be Niall. Niall looked down at him with a small smile. "Yeah?"
"Look, bubblegum!" Zayn exclaimed, pointing to the glass ball and it's colorful bubblegums. Niall grinned, telling something to the boys before walking towards the glass ball. Zayn followed him eagerly, skipping almost.

Niall pulled out a coin and set it in the tiny hole, pushing a smile lever. Zayn watched in awe as a green bubblegum rolled down and into another hole where Niall picked it up. He placed it in Zayn's tiny hands, and Zayn grinned, plopping the candy in his mouth.
"Thwank wou." he said with the bubblegum in his mouth. It was hard, but very tasty and nice. He chewed loudly as they walked back. The rest of the time seemed to be spent with the boys changing and talking to so many different people. Zayn just trudged behind them, chewing his gum, being beyond bored.
They then walked out into a big room, and Zayn looked around with wide eyes. Dozens of tables with purple table cloth were set in the room, a podium on the other side of the room. A man Zayn unfortunately knew all too well walked over to them. The man who had yelled so much, and who looked so scary. The man who's name was Pete. He sent shivers through Zayn as his piercing eyes landed on him. Instinctively, Zayn clutched Harry's leg.
"Stop scaring him." Louis snapped.

Pete rolled his eyes. "I wasn't being scary. Ready?"
"Yeah." Niall replied curtly, pushing past him and the boys followed, the toddler trudging behind. Zayn glanced back at Pete warily, before quickly turning his attention to the front. There was only one table with purple and blue table cloth, sitting beside the podium, five chairs surrounding it. The boys each took a seat, and Zayn climbed up on his. "Hey what are you eating?" Louis asked.
Zayn grinned. "Bwubblegwum!"
The boys smiled fondly at him, but their attention was soon stolen by the many people who were starting to arrive. The boys stood up, smiling at everybody. "Stay here." Liam whispered to Zayn, walking over to give a girl a hug. Zayn watched as the boys hugged and laughed with them, and he huffed. He looked around, his eyes landing on the long table by the other wall. It was covered with plates containing cakes, biscuits, fruits...and juice too!

Zayn jumped down and walked over to all the delights. He turned around and saw that the boys were still busy. It would be fine if he tasted a bit, right? Besides, he hadn't eaten anything else than breakfast Maria had made and that was just scrambled eggs.
When he'd finally reached the table, Zayn had made up his mind. He would taste everything. He reached up on his tip toes and grabbed a chocolate chip cookie. He threw his bubblegum in the trash can before taking a bite. The chocolate me,Ted in his mouth and he grinned widely. It was tasty.
Time passed, and he just kept changing from one dessert to another. Everything was delicious, especially the cake and the cookies. Zayn bit on an apple as he walked over and sat on the nearest chair, enjoying the fresh fruit. He swung his legs absently and in no time, he'd finished the apple. Then he decided he should go back to their table. But before he did, he wiped his mouth and jumped off. Grabbing a few cookies, and a pastry, Zayn loaded them in his arms. That's when he heard someone clear their throat behind him. Zayn froze, the desserts nearly dropping to the floor. Oh kiddo.

<><><><>A/N<><><><>
I know, I know 😅 I can assure you I wasn't dead xD. Just caught up with everything. School has started so updates will be irregular, but I'll try to at least update once a day! 😉
Don't forget that voting ends 31 August so please vote if you like this book!
And also add a comment because they just brighten my day and fuel me to write another chappie! 😜
And a follow would be an absolute bonus, lol 😉

All the love xx