"Khudahafaaaas"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 165
[Louis]

"Do we have everything?" Louis double checked viciously. He rummaged through his backpack and then looked down at Zayn, scrutinizing the three year old from head to toe.

Zayn was dressed in comfy sweatpants and a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt. The hood was pulled over his disheveled hair, and in his hands was his beloved teddy bear, Benny Bear, dressed in superhero clothes.

A broad smile was present on Zayn's face, and his excitement was unmatched. "Yes!"

"Are you sure? Did I pack your winter clothes as well? Did I pack your Christmas toys? What about your shampoo? We don't need that right? You have shampoo at home." Louis realized how stressful it was to travel with another human being, one who wasn't capable of packing anything himself. And the kid relied on him. If Louis was traveling alone, he wouldn't think twice about anything. Now he had to make sure everything was perfect, and it was killing him.

Zayn just shrugged boredly. The kid didn't know a thing. Louis ran a hand through his own hair. "Okay, electronics are in my bag. We have everything we need in our carry on's."

"You'll be fine, sweetheart," Johannah said amusedly, caressing Louis' face in her hands.

Louis relaxed a little and smiled despite the sadness growing in his heart. He didn't want to leave his mother like this. "Mum," he mumbled, and he could hear how small his own voice was. "You should go see a doctor, yeah? I know you're fine, but a check up won't hurt, yeah?"

Johannah studied the concern in his eyes, and then she smiled reassuringly. "If it will make you stop worry, then I will."

Louis hugged his mother tightly, and as he felt himself getting emotional, he pulled back and forced a smile. "Well, off to again. Lots of work to do. I'll miss you a lot."

"We'll come see you on tour," Lottie promised and they hugged tightly. Louis was soon in Dan's grasp, and then the twins threw themselves on him. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Zayn and Johannah exchanging goodbyes. More like Johannah on her knees embracing him warmly, and Zayn hugging her shyly back.

Louis smiled and pulled away from Felicite. "Keep on doing good, kid."

Felicite playfully punched his arm. "You too. Take good care of Zayn. It's all bizarre, but one thing's for sure, the boy loves you."

Louis grinned and held out his hand. "Let's go, Zayn."

Zayn escaped the twins' cheek pinching and hugging, and he ran over to grasp Louis' hand. Like a good little soldier.

"Take care, don't do dumb stuff, take care of mum, and Lottie say bye to Tommy from me," Louis said in lieu of goodbye and left the house with Dan. He swallowed thickly and as Zayn looked up at him, their hands still intertwined, he put on another smile. Walking away from family, but towards a new adventure.

And with this little tosser on the road with him.

Dan drove them to the airport and dropped them off before he went to work. Louis and Zayn went easily past customs, and Zayn was confused as to why Louis had his hood up and was keeping his head down.

"Awre you sick?" The kid asked in concern. Louis smiled at him. "No, but remember when Liam said that people know us?"

"People know me too?" Zayn wondered as they grabbed their bags from the belt.

Louis nodded. "Yeah."

Zayn's eyes grew wide and Louis wondered if he should have not said that. He plastered a big smile on his face. "How about we grab a snack?"