"I say Jayn look okay"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 127
[Louis]

They were back in London the next day. Louis had to admit, there was something calming about the way the TV noise filled the living room and the sound of something warming in the microwave blended together. It added to the ambience of the house. He was currently sitting crosslegged on the sofa with a cup of tea in his hands. Zayn was lying beside him, having fallen asleep by his side while watching Tom & Jerry. His fringe covered his closed lids and Louis smiled softly at the boy. Harry walked out of the kitchen with Zayn's new sippy-cup with warm milk and sighed at the sight of a sleeping Zayn. He placed the cup on the coffee table and shut the TV, sudden silence filling the house.

The late night ticks of clocks was the only sound, and Louis wondered where the others where.

"Liam went to sleep and Niall's taking a shower," Harry informed him as if in reply, brushing Zayn's hair away from his face. The young boy's body heaved and fell evenly as he breathed, long lashes fluttering slightly. Harry lifted him up gently, Zayn's head lolling on his shoulder.

"After setting him to bed, do you want to spend some time?" Louis asked, taking a sip from his tea. "Been a hectic day, don't think I can sleep yet."

Harry smiled at him and nodded before walking away.

Louis smirked as he remembered Niall was going to drop Zayn off at kindergarten- for the entire week.

Winning pays off well, he thought as he crossed his legs on the coffee table, drinking tea in the silence of their new home.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

The next morning, Louis woke up to a completely busy house. He yawned and stretched lazily, burying his face in his pillow. A work free day was always relaxing.

He heard shouts from downstairs, followed by laughter. Louis heard the patting of footsteps on the stairs and then his door flew open. Zayn shrieked as he jumped on the bed. "Louis!"

Louis' eyes fell on the water bottle in Liam's hand, as the older lad ran into the room behind him. Liam pointed the water bottle at Zayn like a gun, laughing slightly. "Louis can't save you, Zaynie!"

"What's going on? Who's about to hurt my Zayn?" Louis asked, cuddling Zayn close with a smug grin towards Liam. Zayn giggled and whispered quietly. "Liam making me eat."

"Zayn refuses to finish his lunch," Liam stated and pointed the bottle at the boy with a look. "It's only a sandwich."

"With peenie buttew," Zayn said with a groan. Louis scrunched his nose. "You don't like peanut butter?"

"No," Zayn said and shook his head vigorously. Liam sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Fine, but you better finish your lunch tomorrow."

"Okay!"

"Go get ready, we're going out for shopping soon."

Zayn slid off the bed from under Louis and ran out of the room.

"Shopping?" Louis asked and stifled a yawn, sitting upright. Liam nodded. "Harry reckoned it's about time we buy some new clothes for the little guy. We've been so busy and he's just growing up, isn't he?"

Louis smiled and nodded, pushing his fringe back with his little finger.

"He was quite upset when he came home," Liam told him, about to walk out. "Said someone called him a girl."

"No way," Louis said, gasping in mock-surprise. Liam chuckled and pointed the yellow Batman bottle at him. "Watch it. With that stubbornness, Zayn about to beat your ass when he grows up. Remember when you told him my buzzcut was a result of bad aliens?" Liam asked incredulously and Louis giggled, unable to help himself. "I'm a genius," he stated.