"Why ish Leeyum shad?"

Chapter 75
{Zayn}

Zayn ran down the hall, frowning. Where did Niall go? He walked towards the bathroom's closed door. Leaning his face closer to the door, he pressed his ear. What he heard made him yelp and run the other way. Yup, someone was definitely in there.

Zayn wiped his eyes again. He couldn't believe Niall's birthday was coming. He was going to be strong this time, he was a big boy now. He was going to protect Niall from Harry and Louis.

"Zayn," a voice said meekly. Zayn stopped, turning left to see Liam's room door half-open. He pushed it further, stepping in the familiar room. Liam was sitting on the bed in sweats and a t-shirt, and he placed his phone on his nightstand.

"Hmm?" Zayn questioned, walking inside. Suddenly, he got an idea. What Louis and Harry were doing...Liam would stop them. Liam liked Batman and Batman liked Liam. And Batman was nice. Zayn sniffed, he couldn't believe Harry would do this. Niall didn't deserve it. What did Niall do?

Liam sighed, sitting up. "Come sit. What happened?"

Zayn climbed up on the bed. He folded his arms and looked Liam in the eye. "Nawiall have biwthday."

Liam frowned. "Yeah, I know. What's so wrong with that?"

Zayn's eyes widened and he couldn't help but be angry. "He didn't do anything!"

Liam held his head in his hands. "Zayn, I don't have time for this. My head hurts. I- can't you sort this out downstairs? Tell Harry to tell Louis to stop bother you."

Zayn frowned. "But Liam, it's not-"

"Zayn, please. Harry will help." Liam closed his eyes and took a deep breath, looking down. Zayn jumped off the bed and leaned forward, looking up at Liam. "Leeyum?"

Liam reopened his eyes, startled to see Zayn's curious eyes blink at him. "Go now."

Zayn sighed, pulling back. He knew the boys were nice, they were nothing like sir-his dad. But the birthday thing made him feel like crying. Zayn sniffed, not realizing that he'd already shed a few tears. Liam didn't notice though, and when Zayn turned to look at him, he saw a tear of his own slide down Liam's cheek. Zayn frowned, wiping his cheeks and climbing up on the bed again. "Leeyum okay?"

Liam took a deep breath, wiping his cheeks. "I'm fine. You should go to Harry."

But Zayn stayed put. He leaned forward and hugged Liam, sensing the lad's sadness. "Why ish Leeyum shad?"

Liam hugged him back, face buried in his neck. He took another breath. "Because Sophia and I had a fight."

Zayn scowled, pulling back. He never really liked Sophia. "Shophia mean."

Liam cracked a smile. "Yeah, I guess. Though I was mean to her too."

"Bad Leeyum," Zayn said, pointing his finger in his face. "Shophia make ywou cry?"

Liam laugh bitterly. "Yeah, she did."

"Shophia gwounded. And no candy until Shatuday!" Zayn exclaimed angrily, now standing on the bed. He placed his hands on Liam's cheeks and pressed them together, making Liam squishy face. He looked Liam in the eye, trying not to giggle. Liam was sad.

"Dwon't be shad. Jayn dwon't like shad," he said, kissing the Liam's nose gently. Liam's eyes welled up and he hugged Zayn tightly, peppering him with kisses. Zayn laughed, pushing his mouth away. "Ticklesh!"

Liam chuckled and purposely rubbed his stubble against Zayn's cheek. Zayn jumped out of his lap, grinning.

Liam wiped his eyes, crawling forward and sitting cross-legged. "What's going on with you? Why are you sad?"