"Jayn neve leaving. Jayn shtay!- Pweashe"

Chapter 71
{Zayn}

Daddy's eyebrows furrowed and he pushed Zayn to the ground. "Filthy little scum, I told you not to leave the house!"

Zayn's lower lip trembled as he backed away. "Wali go too."

"She goes to school!" Daddy bellowed and Zayn winced, heart pounding in his chest. As Daddy stepped forward, Zayn inched backwards. "Argh, I wish I could kill you!"

Zayn blinked rapidly as moisture gathered in his eyes. "Jayn show-"

"Shut up, just shut up!" Daddy yelled, face red and tears falling down his face. He yelled and threw the bottle in his hands to the other side. Zayn scrambled to his feet as it shattered, glass shards falling everywhere. He ran towards the stairs.

"Zayn," a soft voice said. Zayn stopped in his tracks, turning around slowly, tears on his cheeks. Niall stood there in the midst of the broken glass and Daddy was nowhere to be seen. "Hey kiddo."

Zayn blinked in confusion. What was Niall doing here? This had happened before, hadn't it? But Niall wasn't here the last time.

"What, no hug?" Niall joked, though his face was passive. Zayn slowly stepped down from the stairs. "Nawiall?"

"Yeah." Niall's eyes narrowed and Zayn's heart leaped in his throat as the guy lunged for him. Niall lifted him up by his middle, and normally, Zayn wouldn't be so scared. But instead of the soft and gentle grip, Niall had him in an iron grip.

"Ow Nawiall," Zayn complained, trying to push the older boy away.

Niall grinned. "Don't worry."

"Yeah, we're just tired of you," another voice said. Zayn turned around and Liam was glaring at him. Zayn shrunk, burying his face in Niall's chest. Except he didn't feel any comfort. He heard the front door open and looked up to see Louis waving at him.

"Let's get rid of him," Harry said from Zayn's left. Zayn squirmed in Niall's arms as the lad walked forward. "Nawiall!"

"Shut up!" Niall yelled and he raised his hand and slapped Zayn's cheek hard. Zayn's struggle stopped, cheek stinging. More tears gathered in his eyes and he sniffled. Harry rolled his eyes. "You're such a baby."

Liam laughed. "Now I know why I hate you. You were so mean to Sophia too."

"You can't even stay at home alone," Louis sneered. Zayn winced as Harry grabbed him by the hair. "Hawwy..." the three year old whimpered.

"Don't you ever be rude to my sister again," Harry said angrily. "Let's get rid of him."

Zayn didn't dare struggle as Niall walked towards the door. "Pweashe," Zayn pleaded, cheeks completely wet with tears. Niall threw him out the open door. "Bye bye, filthy little scum."

Zayn woke up with a start, his shirt damp and his forehead beaded with sweat. He even felt as if the bed was wet. His breathing was erratic and he began to panic. Tears fell down his cheeks as he clutched Ziam tightly. He didn't want to go back to the adoption center. He didn't want to go back home with daddy either. The mere thought of being beaten again made Zayn hands shake. He liked it here. These people were nice, they loved him like no one else had ever had. He didn't want to be thrown.
Zayn screamed, shaking hands clutching Ziam tightly. Minutes later, the door was thrown open and Zayn screamed even more, heart leaping in his throat in fear. He grabbed Roar and threw him at the first person, who just happened to be Niall.

Zayn's eyes widened and he pressed his lips together, not wanting to utter a sound. He tried to suppress his hiccups as Niall and the boys ushered forward. Zayn screamed again, grabbing the blanket and pulling it over him. He squeezed his eyes shut.
"Guys wait," Liam said. Zayn opened his eyes and could make out their figures from under the blanket. He couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort from being hidden from them.

"Zayn," Harry said softly and Zayn pursed his lips. "Goway," he mumbled.

"Let me try," Anne said quietly. "Zayn dear, it's me. It's Anne."

"And your cookie buddy," Gemma said. Zayn felt the bed dip as she sat down. "We're not going to hurt you," she said softly, and she placed her hand on top of his under the blanket. Zayn didn't pull back, but he didn't give in either. "D-dwon't shen-nd J-Jayn a-away. Pweashe," he sniffled.

"We're not going to send you away," Liam said gently. "We love you Zayn and we're going to keep you forever."

Zayn wiped his nose. "A-am showwy fo being m-mean to Shophia."

Suddenly Louis's head popped up from undet the blanket and Zayn's eyes widened. Before he could cry again, Louis smiled softly. "Hey," the older boy whispered.

"Hi," Zayn replied quietly. "Jayn pwomishe to shtay home," he hiccuped.

Louis pouted. "But I wanted to take you with me outside."

Zayn wiped his eyes and nose. "No, Jayn wanna shaty home." He frowned, the dream coming to mind. "Jayn neve leaving! Jayn shtay." His voice dropped to a small whimper. "Pweashe."

Louis swallowed, moistening his lips. "Zayn, we promise. We won't give you back to the adoption centre. I promise. Come on, let's make sure the boys promise too."

Zayn frowned as Louis gently pulled the blanket away from their heads. He kept his gaze low as he was exposed to the boys.

"Liam, you promise to keep Zayn happy and never give him away?" Louis asked, voice kind of like an announcers. Zayn glanced up as Liam gave Louis a skeptic look, but went along with it after Louis nudged his hip. "Yes, I promise."

"See?" Louis told Zayn, but Zayn just couldn't bring himself to belive. It was an empty promise. "Pinky pwomishe," he mumbled. None of them heard it and he said it louder.

"Hmm?" Gemma asked, turning to look at him. Zayn looked up at Liam and raised his pinky. "Pinky pwomishe."

Liam walked forward and linked their pinkies. "Pinky promise. I love you Zayn, all four of us do."

Zayn made all the boys pinky promise, even Anne and Gemma. He finally felt like a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. They wouldn't give him away. They loved him. They made a promise.

"You're probably hungry. Want to eat?" Harry asked with a smile. Zayn nodded, sliding down from the bed. He was suddenly picked up by the curly haired boy and pulled in a hug. Despite the dream, Zayn found this hug comforting and he buried his face into Harry's shoulder, silent tears leaving his eyes. He just wanted to stay. And if possible, be loved...

<><><><>A/N<><><><>
I'M HORRIBLE, I KNOW. I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE FOREVER. I JUST STARTED WRITING SHORT FANFICTIONS ON MY FANFICTION ACCOUNT AND I JUST COULDN'T FIND THE TIME TO CONTINUE WITH THE ONE DIRECTION FANDOM JUST YET, but that's changed. I'll try my best to update at least once every week. I'm not done with my little Jaynie and I hope you guys aren't either. There's a lot to come (: