"Whewe ish da pawking lot?"

Chapter 24
{Louis}

Louis breathed a big sigh of relief as he spotted Zayn and Niall sitting over at a table, inside a circle of shopping bags.
Zayn was sucking on the straw of his juice pack, his legs swinging, whilst Niall was eating a big baguette.
"There you guys are." Harry sighed in relief as he gave Zayn a little hug. The lad stood up again, walked over to Niall and slapped him on the head. "Idiot." Harry muttered. "You could've at least picked the phone up."
Niall smiled sheepishly. Liam walked over and slammed a book on Niall's head. "Now that felt good."
Niall narrowed his eyes. "Okay, okay. My fault for scaring you guys. Sorry, okay? Now sit down and let me enjoy my baguette." he grumbled.
"Shophia!" Zayn exclaimed. "Am sho showwy fo loshing ywou!"
Sophia laughed, taking a seat beside him "Actually, I think it was the other way around."

Liam smiled, ruffling Zayn's hair. "Hey." Zayn tried to ruffle it back to how it was before it got messy; messy.
"So, I got Zayn a few toys and stuff. What about you guys?" Niall asked when he'd finished eating that damn baguette. One hand was placed on his stomach and he sighed contently.
"I didn't have time to get anything." Harry mumbled, and his three other companions nodded.
"Nawiall bought a tigew fo Jayn! And shpideman too!" Zayn's grin clearly reached his eyes as they sparkled. Somehow, seeing that made Louis forget about the bad and look towards the good. He'd never seen Zayn so happy, never.
"We have everything for Zayn, but I need some new shoes." Niall told them.
"Well if you are going," Louis mused. "Kind of cool jacket upstairs, so I'll be back quick."
"Take Zayn with you." Harry told him. "Meet us in the parking lot, okay?"

Louis nodded, Zayn jumping off his chair and trudging over to him. The two walked in silence and Louis was about to take the escalator when he stopped and realized, the little guy couldn't.
Zayn looked at the metallic stairs with wide eyes. Louis lifted him up slowly. "We're just going to walk upstairs." he informed him.
Zayn nodded, eyes skimming down the stairs. "Can we have dish at home?"
Louis laughed. "That would be lovely."
Zayn's cheeks reddened a second later. "Uh Jayn meant youw home."
Louis smiled. "It's your home too." He said softly. Zayn's eyes fluttered to the ground, a little uncertain.

🍼🍼🍼🍼Zayn🍼🍼🍼🍼
Zayn walked beside Louis as he rummaged through the rack of clothes. He pulled out a black shirt with white skulls before setting it back inside He then slung a brown jacket around his shoulder and grinned at Zayn. "Nice huh?"
Zayn nodded, and Louis stared at himself in the mirror one last time before walking over to the counter.
Zayn rubbed his eyes and stood up, following Louis. But, he wasn't by the counter. Zayn frowned. Where did he go? Did he leave the shop without Zayn? What if he thought Zayn was following him? Zayn trudged out of the shop and looked around. He didn't see Louis, and there were so many people everywhere. Zayn completely walked out of the shop. That's when he noticed a brown jacket walking inside another shop, and Zayn smiled in relief. He ran towards Louis, trying his best to avoid all the legs here and there.
When Zayn entered the little shop, he scowled. "Dat'sh not Loueh."
A man with brown hair and a brown jacket looked down at him, and Zayn forced a smile before leaving the shop.

Zayn froze. Where was he?
The toddler turned around and around. Where was that shop? The shop in which Louis was in before?
Zayn chewed on his lip, hands fidgeting. Where was he? Was he lost? What if the boys didn't find him and they just went home?
Tears sprung to Zayn's eyes and he began to trudge the way he thought he came. He spotted a few kids holding the hands of their mothers and fathers tightly. Zayn swallowed and turned his gaze away, at the same time bumping into someone.
"Oh, are you okay?" A man in a suit asked him. Zayn bit his lip, unsure whether to tell the man or not. Maybe he could help finding the boys? Zayn's eyes lit up and he asked the man. "Whewe ish da pawking lot?"
The man blinked. "Underground. Uh, how old are you?"
Zayn held up three fingers. "Thwee."
"Right. Where's your parents?" The man looked around, and Zayn scoffed.

He walked away, but the man followed him. "Are you lost?"
He placed a hand on Zayn's back, and Zayn jumped away. He couldn't hold it any longer and the tears spilled.
"A-a-m not l-losht." Zayn cried. "Jayn...uh ish playing hide and sheek."
The man gave him a sympathetic look. "I'll help you look."
Zayn eyed the man suspiciously. "N-no, It'sh owkay."
The man shook his head, grabbing Zayn's hand. Zayn quickly pulled away, fear coursing through him. He was alone, he was lost. The man ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "What does your mum look like?"
Zayn's eyes widened and he glanced teary eyed at the man in the blue suit. "J-J-Jayn doesn't have a m-mum." he told him harshly, turning around and walking away. Zayn ran, the tears flowing freely down his cheeks. Sobs escaped his mouth by the time he reached the moving stairs. Zayn gulped. How was he supposed to get on it?
He looked around to try and spot anything that could help him.

Instead he noticed that people were piling into the box thing that moves. Zayn walked inside and squeezed among them, wiping his eyes furiously.
"Honey, are you alright?" The woman asked.
Zayn swallowed and nodded quietly.
"Where are you going?" she asked, her finger hovering above all the buttons.
"Undewound." Zayn told her.
"You mean underground?"
Zayn's eyes lit up and he nodded as she pushed a button with a bowl on. U.
Zayn felt a tingling feeling in his stomach as the box went down. Oh, so a underound was down?
The doors tinged open and everybody left the box, Zayn trudging behind them. Cars upon cars were parked everywhere and Zayn fiddled with his shirt, holding back a scared sob.

He walked forward and looked around. Where was their car? Where was Preston's car?
"Pweshton!" Zayn cried. "Pweshton." He yelled louder. Hot tears ran down his cheek and Zayn began to sob. What was he going to do? Where was he going to live? Will the boys look for him? They did in the house. Will they give up looking for him and adopt another child? Will they-
Zayn froze. A big black car was speeding towards him, it's headlights burning his eyes.
Zayn couldn't move. He just stood there. He stood there as the car neared. He stood there just as he felt a large pain in his stomach, and his eyes went blurry, his head aching...

<><><><><><><><><>
Awww, I feel so bad right now 😔....nah kidding, I feel amazingly awake.
Ignoring the fact I have only slept for three hours in 29 hours, I'm....alive.
Well as alive as a zombie can be.

All the love xx