"Pwresents!"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 162
[Harry]

Louis' birthday was celebrated with a blast. They went ice skating, which was a completely new experience for Zayn. But he and the twins got to play in the kids area and drink hot cocoa later. It was also Christmas Eve so they ate a wonderful dinner, which was why Harry felt so bloated as they walked up the steps to the house.

"Home sweet home," Felicite groaned, kicking off her heeled boots. Zayn jumped up and down excitedly, clutching Benny tightly in his arms. They had convinced him to leave the bear home where he couldn't get sick. "Open pwresents, Louis!"

"Alright, Alright. The best part of today," Louis said happily. He smiled innocently as his family sent him a look. The familiar Tomlinson glare.

Dan laughed and clapped him on the back. "I wish my birthday was on the 24th. Receiving presents two days on a row must be fun."

Louis made a whiny noise. "Except I don't most of the time. People just give me one."

"I gave you two," Harry said cheekily. "Perhaps three, even."

"Yeah, but you don't count, you were hopelessly in love with me," Louis said dismissively. Harry flipped him off and Louis smiled sweetly. "I'm kidding, I loved them."

"Pwresents!" Zayn yelled again as he kicked off his boots and threw his scarf and mittens in the basket. "Louis, open mine."

"Aw, you got me a present? When did you get me a present?" Louis wondered happily. Zayn grinned at Harry, trying to be discreet. "Don't tell," he whispered. Very loudly.

"Is it a blue pencil?" Louis deadpanned. Zayn's grin faltered and he frowned defensively. "No." He turned to Harry panickingly. "He knows!" he whispered.

"I can hear you. I'm right here, buddy," Louis teased. He picked Zayn up. "What's up with the blue pencil anyway? You gave one to Niall too on his birthday."

Zayn gasped. "I not tell you pwresent. It's not blue pencil, Louis."

"Okay then, is it a blue eraser?" Louis chuckled and Zayn pinched his cheek. "No, I not like you. Hawryyy," he whined. Harry rolled his eyes playfully. "Ah, Louis' annoying, isn't he?"

Zayn nodded and reached for Harry. Just then, Louis pulled out his chiming phone. Johannah grabbed the phone from his hands. "No phone yet, dear."

"Agreed," Phoebe groaned and plopped down by the Christmas tree. She grinned up at them. "Can we open the presents now?"

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

After opening up all the presents, Louis was found on the living room carpet surrounded in socks, boxes and a packet of blue and red pencils. Zayn looked proudly at them, and Harry had to admit he didn't understand why Zayn was so fond of them either. He and Zayn had gone out for a walk two days ago and that's when they'd bought their respective presents.

When everyone started getting busy, and Doris went to sleep, Harry scooted to Zayn who was now sitting alone. "Hey, Zayn?"

"Yeah?" Zayn looked up, and he looked tired. He'd refused to go to bed, wanting to be a part of Louis' birthday. Especially when Liam and Niall had called earlier to wish him.

"Remember the blue car we saw? Why didn't you want to give Louis that? Why specifically a pencil?" Harry wondered, genuinely curious.

Zayn looked confused. "Evewyone give pencil on biwrthday, Hawry."

Either someone had taught this kid wrong or Harry wasn't up to date on the new trend. "Are you sure?" Harry asked carefully, not wanting to upset him by telling him that's not true. Zayn nodded firmly. "I got..." he looked suddenly very confused as if he was trying to remember something.