"Jayn won't"

Chapter 91
{Liam}
Check A/N ⤵️

Zayn looked up at him with a frown. Dressed in a plaid red shirt and jeans, he looked incredibly good, his messy hair combed to the side. Liam smiled encouragingly, but Zayn still frowned back, clearly not pleased with today's plans.

"Jayn hate kindewgawden," he stated loudly. Liam knelt down to pick up the zip up sweater Zayn had thrown to the floor in anger. He really was against the whole idea of leaving for kindergarten, despite the fact that he would only be leaving the house for a couple of hours.

"You'll love it," Liam promised, Zayn letting him pull on the black sweater. A small penguin was imprinted on the front like a logo and Liam poked it, making a goofy face at Zayn. The child broke into a grin and giggled, and the mission was accomplished.

"I'm sure you'll make friends there too," Liam told him, standing up and offering his hand. Zayn grabbed it as they left the room, a thoughtful look crossing his features. "But Jayn have fwiendsh. Loueh, you, Hawwy and Nawiall! And Mawia. And Gemma and Anne. And maah."

Liam laughed as they walked down the stairs. He'd picked maah from Niall who called Maura that a lot. Maura didn't seem to have minded that Zayn started calling her that too, and the two of them had become so close after their little art collaboration. Their art of Niall still hung on the fridge though since Zayn stated that good things should be on the fridge. And so the old set list and schedule days had been taken down.

"Someone looks dashing," Louis commented, lifting an eyebrow at Zayn who grinned.

"This will be interesting," Liam said, nodding towards Harry. He'd decided to come along since Harry knew the principal and Niall was offering his place. Louis had to go be their representing man at the little gathering Simon had ordered to mark up the Azoff takeover over the managing of the new album (which would be marking its release in November).

"Loueh look deshiing too," Zayn said happily, cheeks turning a slight pink. Louis laughed, holding out his fist for Zayn to bump. "Come on, mate."

As Louis led Zayn to the foyer to put on a jacket and shoes, Liam turned to Niall who was covered in blankets, scrolling through his phone. "Still don't want to come?"

Niall shook his head. "I'm fine staying at home this time. It's just a meet-up after all." He looked up and showed the screen of his phone. "Haven't caught up with all these new epsidoes of Game of Thrones."

Liam rolled his eyes playfully. "Don't watch the Office before we get back."

"No promises."

They arrived after most of the parents had picked their children up, and only a few kids were present. Zayn looked at the three to four kids warily, walking closer to Liam. "Ish thish adoption chentwre?"

"No, this is kindergarten," Harry chirped and he skipped forward. "Come on!"

Zayn tilted his head as he watched Harry's excitement curiously. Liam suppressed a laugh when Harry skipped forward and ran into the main door. He groaned and held his nose tightly, shooting a look at the door. Zayn giggled though and Harry made a face at him. "Don't laugh!"

This only made Zayn laugh harder and he hid himself behind Liam, thinking Harry was going to attack him. But then the door opened and a woman with blond hair pulled up in a ponytail walked out. She smiled politely at them, her gaze drifting down to Zayn. "Hello."

Zayn didn't answer, his eyes widening. Liam squeezed his hand gently. "Uhm uh hello," Zayn said shyly, digging his sneakers into the ground, hand holding Liam's hand tightly.