"Shay goodbye, Woaw"

Chapter 49
{Niall}
Important a/n at the bottom, oh and vote because I updated quickly 😉?

It ended up with Harry and Liam finding them instead. They had found a place to eat and was going to tell them that, but when they noticed Louis...well, Zayn got a bit scolding himself. It went something like this:

Zayn crossed his arms. "But Loueh made Jayn wet too."
"Zayn, Louis could get sick. As much hilarious that would be, it would be a very mean thing to do." Liam told him, smirking up at Louis.
Zayn turned to look at his blue sneakers instead. "Owkay. Am showwy, Loueh."
Louis grinned proudly as Harry draped his own jacket over the shivering lad, and Zayn pouted, jutting his lower lip out. The whole scene made Niall want to hug him and kiss his chubby cheeks. He didn't know what it was with this kid but he felt himself loving him even more, growing fonder of him day by day. Maybe it was his antics, or the way he said his name, or maybe it was the way he crossed his arms, his hands sticking out of his armpits. Either way, Niall felt happy to know that he would always be there to brighten his day.

Now two days later, as he sat and played FIFA with Louis, Zayn playing with himself on the carpeted floor, Niall smiled. But of course, him not paying attention caused a victorious whoop from Louis.
"You did not just score again." Niall complained, and Louis laughed, taking sips of his red bull.
The last two days had been quiet, and the boys had taken Zayn to the studio yesterday, planning on letting Sophia babysit him today. He didn't know yet, and Niall didn't want to be the one to tell him. The concert was this Thursday, which meant two days from now. Niall moistened his lips as his hands flew over his controls. He was excited for the concert, but he was also worried. They'd be gone for a whole day, and tomorrow they would have to practice on stage.
"What's on your mind mate? I'm winning quite easily." Louis chuckled to himself as he scored again and Niall snapped out of his thoughts. Harry plopped down on the spot next to him, crisps in hand. Niall grabbed a handful and munched on them as he tried to play with one hand, eyes glued to the screen.

"Hey!" Harry complained. "These were for Zayn."
Zayn's head shot up at the mention of his name and he smiled cutely. "Thank ywou, Hawwy." He held out a big block of Legos, forming a giant colorful bundling. Or a long wall. Depends on how you look at it. "Look what Jayn made with da Leego!"
"Aww, it's really pretty." Harry said and Zayn wrinkled his nose. "It'sh not pwetty Hawwy, it'sh cool!"
Niall chuckled, eyes darting between the screen and Zayn.
"Okay then. Want some crisps?" Harry asked and Zayn nodded. "Yesh pweashe."
Niall smiled to himself. The kid was so well mannered.
As Zayn climbed up on the couch, his legs dangling and a crisp in his hand, Niall turned back to his game, finally scoring a goal.
"Oh boohoo, you just got lucky." Louis commented, and he laughed at that.
Liam walked downstairs, dressed to perfection in blue hoodies and black jeans, his hair gelled into an updo.

"So, when's Sophia coming?" Louis asked, thumbs moving furiously on the controls. Niall turned back to the game, smirking as he dribbled the ball away from Louis.
"She'll be here in a few minutes, just rounding the corner." He heard Liam reply.
The crunching of crisps stopped. "Shophia?" Zayn asked, dread laced to his voice. Niall glanced at him to see that his eyes were wandering over the boys's outfits, and then he looked down at his cute Green Lantern pj's. "Pweashe dwon't go." He said pleadingly, his hazel eyes big as he locked eyes with Niall. Niall turned his gaze back to the game, swallowing.
"Zayn, we'll be gone tomorrow too, you'll have to get used to it." Louis said, and Zayn huffed. "Jayn doeshn't wanto be alone."
"You won't be alone because your mum will be with you." Harry said, startling the three boys. Niall's head snapped in his direction, his eyes wide.
Zayn seemed to ponder at that. "But she'sh not with Jayn."
"But she is protecting you." Harry told him with a fond smile. "She is looking after you, even though you don't know it."

Zayn's eyes widened and his lips parted slightly. "Harry." Louis said, dragging on his name nervously. Niall was thinking the same thing, what was he doing?
"Ish it twue?" Zayn asked in a whisper. Harry gave him a small nod and Zayn's lips turned up into a bright smile. Niall's heart warmed at the sight. Zayn said he had to do something and ran upstairs.

"Why did you do that?" Liam asked curiously.
"Zayn told me a bit about his mother." Harry started, picking on the sleeve of his sweatshirt. Niall put away his controller, the game completely forgotten. Louis had won anyway. "I just wanted him to know that she wasn't gone for good, that she still cared. Besides, from the things he does remember, she sounds like a pretty cool mum." Harry smiled sadly, his eyes glassy.
"Are you crying?" Louis asked him softly, and Harry shook his head, wiping his eyes. "I just feel so bad for him. He deserves so much more than five people trying to become five father's in an instant. This was a horrible idea, we shouldn't have adopted him. For his sake."

His words sank in and Niall's heart began to feel like lead. He knew where Harry was coming form. Knowing that the poor boy didn't have actual real caring parents was so heartbreaking. Niall frowned. Was Harry right? Adopting him, had it been a good idea? What about two set of parents? What if he got adopted into a real home where people don't settle on Chinese takeaway and have busy sleeping schedules. His shoulders slumped as he realized Zayn would indeed be so much better off without them. He could have been adopted in a normal family, with both a father figure and a mother figure. What would happen he starts school?

Zayn jumped down the last step of the stairs, his stuffed animals in his arms. He held up Ziam and shook his paw. "Shay goodbye, Jiam."

He then tossed him in Liam's lap before doing the same to Roar, and the boys smiled. "Shay goodbye, Woaw." He tossed him too in Liam's lap, before wringing his hands together and looking down on the ground. "Goodbye."

Harry gave him a sweet little hug and kissed the crown of his head, which made the corner of Zayn's lips turn up. He looked up at Harry and frowned. "Why ish ywou cwying?"
Harry smiled. "I'm not crying."
Zayn stood up on his tip toes as Harry rose to his full height. The toddler looked up at him, trying to inspect his face which was far away from his reach. The doorbell buzzed and Harry ruffled his hair. "Play with your Lego blocks and have fun, okay? We'll be back soon."
Zayn nodded. "Owkay..." he said quietly and Liam left to open the door.
Niall stood up and engulfed the fella in a small hug. "Don't forget to build me a batman wit those Legos."
Zayn smiled widely. "Owkay!"
As Louis hugged him, he groaned. "Jayn lovesh ywou, owkay bye. Too much hugging."
Louis purposely squeezed him in the hug, laughing to himself and Zayn squirmed. "Loueh!"

"Hey Zayn. Hey guys." Sophia greeted as she entered the living room. Zayn stopped trying to get away from Louis, and buried his face in the lad's chest. "Hey Shophia," his muffled voice rang out.
"We'll see you later, bye Zayn." Liam said, lifting him up in a hug and kissing his cheek. Zayn giggled, fingertips coming up to touch Liam's jaw. "Dish ticklish."
Liam laughed. "Yeah it's a stubble."
"A shtubble." Zayn spoke the foreign word on his lips.
Niall shut the game and walked down the hall. He stuffed his feet in his white shoes, and threw his jacket on, knowing very well how cold it could get. Especially when they were going to make a pit stop at the stadium.
"Bye!" Zayn waved them goodbye.
The boys smiled and bid him goodbye, opening the door. Liam kissed Sophia's cheek before pushing the door open and they were about to leave, but Zayn called them back.
"Wait! Leeyum and Hawwy!" Niall turned to him curiously as well as the other three boys.

"Yeah?" Leeyum asked.
"Niall shaid he ish Jayn'sh mate, and Loueh ish too." Zayn said shyly, fiddling with his thumbs.
"Well I'll be happy to tell you, I am also your mate." Harry chuckled, and Liam nodded. "Yes m too."
Zayn smiled. "So Jayn hash," he began to count on his fingers and lifted up five. "Sho many matesh!"
Niall laughed. "Yeah 'bout it."
"Owkay, bye!" Zayn said, pushing the boys out of the door. Niall waved at him and he grinned back waving as Sophia closed the door.

<><>A/N<><>
😏 What is Zayn up to?
Anyways I just wanted to remind you guys...
I've seen different authors around the site having these character Q&A where the characters of the story will answer your questions. Like you can ask whatever you want to whoever person, and then they'll answer. You can ask me, Baby Zayn, Amanda, Sophia, Liam and whoever has been in this story so far. I'm sure you've seen those before so feel free to ask whatever you want!

xx