"Well ywou shcaid me!"

Chapter 6
{Zayn's POV}

Zayn sat up and rubbed his eyes. At first, he didn't recognize where he was, but suddenly he remembered yesterday's events. The toddler pushed himself off the bed, his wolf under his arm.
Zayn didn't bother to wear the slippers as he walked out of the room. The house was silent, so he supposed everyone was asleep. He walked downstairs, grabbing the sides as he did. He then made his way to the kitchen. Zayn glanced up at the counter high above. How would he get a glass of water, now? He pursed his lips, glancing around until his eyes landed on a chair that was smaller than the others. He walked over to it and pushed it towards under he sink. Zayn placed Ziam on the floor, before climbing on the chair and standing up. He reached up on his toes and opened the cabinet where he'd seen Niall get the glasses from. He picked up a glass and carefully filled it with water. Sitting down on the chair, he thirstily gulped the liquid down. Zayn put the glass in the sink before jumping off the chair. He grabbed Ziam and made his way out of the kitchen and upstairs.

He didn't feel like sleeping yet, and therefore he decided to see around the house. Zayn walked down the hall, passing the door to Niall's room and another one. He walked over to the room with the open door. As he walked inside, his eyes widened. "Woah." he whispered, his eyes darting to the different instruments in the room. A piano was on his left, different guitars, and other instruments. Zayn trudged over to the guitar, looking at it with awe. He ran a hand down the strings. He hadn't expected such a loud sound to be made, and Zayn jumped a bit, Ziam falling to the floor. He quickly picked up the stuffed animal and hurried out of the room. The next room he entered had very big machines. Big red gloves were sitting in a box, a big hard looking pillow was hanging from the wall. Zayn walked forward to one of the machines. It was a strange looking one, with a belt on, and different buttons on the panel.
Zayn shook his head in wonder and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. First he'd thought these guys weren't so bad when he'd seen the instruments. Zayn shuddered at the thought of the machine room. What do they possibly do there? he wondered curiously. Do they hurt naughty kids?

He decided to walk back to his room and stay there until he could fall asleep. As Zayn passed the different room down the hall, he noticed that the door to a room he hadn't been in was open. Being very curious, Zayn walked forward and entered the room.
It was dark, the lights shut off. It seemed it was a normal bedroom, the light from the hall illuminating half of the space. On the side table were picture frames, a phone, and keys. The curtains were drawn in front of the window, not letting any light from outside penetrate the person's room. A huge bed covered the right side, a big lump underneath the covers. Zayn took hesitant steps forward towards the sidetable.
He squinted curiously at the pictures in the frames. There were two of them. One was of Liam and Niall, holding up a fish, big grins on their faces. Louis was behind them making a face, Harry laughing at him. The other pic was of Liam with a girl with brown hair, both of them smiling widely.
Zayn wondered who the pretty girl was, and why there was a big black mouse with red clothes behind them.
Liam turned in his sleep, his face visible over the covers, and Zayn decided he should probably leave.

Just then Liam's eyes fluttered open. Zayn froze. Oh, no.
Those brown eyes suddenly widened and Liam screamed. Zayn's heart raced and he found himself screaming back. He backed away until his back hit the wall.
Liam breathed out a sigh of relief, pushing his hair away from his face.
Zayn was still screaming. If the others heard him, maybe they would come in time before Liam hit him. Would he take him to the machine room and hit him there? What if the others didn't help him?
"Shh...I'm sorry." Liam said, walking forward.
Zayn's eyes widened, and he screamed louder. Footsteps were heard and Liam sighed. He quickly locked the door.
Zayn's scream faltered, and his eyes bulged out of his head. "Am showwy! Jayn's showwy!"
Liam kneeled down, not coming closer. "I promise I won't hurt you. I just got scared, that's all."
"Liam, what's going on?" Louis yelled from the other side, knocking on the door.
"Well, ywou shcaid me!" Zayn shot back. He immediately covered his mouth with his hands.

Dad had always said that his big mouth would get him in trouble, and it usually did.
Zayn's eyes began to water. He didn't want to be hit again.
"I'm not going to hurt you Zayn, please don't cry." Liam said softly. "Liam, open the door." Harry demanded.
"I promise I won't hurt you." Liam said, his voice soft and reassuring. Zayn wiped his eyes with his sleeve, clutching Ziam tightly.
"Liam James Payne, open the door!" Louis yelled.
Liam stood up and walked over to the door, unlocking it. Louis and Harry stormed inside, looking around. Zayn leaned back, away from their gaze.
"Oh god, you scared me. What happened?" Harry asked Liam.
"Leeyum shcaid me. Showwy fo shcweaming." Zayn said.
Louis raised an eyebrow at Liam. "What did you do, Payno?"
Liam scratched the back of his neck, smiling sheepishly. "He startled me."
"Leeyum shcweamed too." Zayn pointed out.
Liam groaned. "But Zayn was in my room."
Zayn's eyes widened. "Oh, yeah. Am shwwy fo dat."
"It's okay." Liam said with a smile.

Harry doubled over, laughing.
"What's so funny?" Louis asked.
Zayn turned his attention curiously to Harry.
"The two of them!" The lad exclaimed. "They're adorable!"
Just then Niall appeared in the doorway, his hair messy and his eyes droopy.
Liam's eyes widened and he quickly walked over to Zayn, covering the toddler's ears. Zayn was about to push him away, but then he saw that Niall had begun talking. Louis screamed something at him, and Niall turned his attention towards Zayn, his eyes widening. Heat rose to his cheeks, and he muttered something before exiting the room.
Liam uncovered Zayn's ears. "Niall really needs to control his swearing."
Louis shook his head, a grin tugging on his lips. "What can we do? He's Irish, it's in his blood."
"Why are you awake, by the way?" Harry asked gently.
Zayn shrugged. "Jayn couldn't shleep."

"A dream?" Louis asked quietly.
Zayn's eyes widened, his face beet red. "N-no."
"Is it your room?" Liam asked.
Zayn shook his head. "No.  jusht can't shleep."
"Want to sleep with me?" he offered.
Zayn glanced at his huge bed. "Shleep with ywou?"
Liam nodded, a smile on his lips.
"Okay, then. We'll leave you guys to y-y-ours." Louis yawned.
"Showwy fo waking ywou up." Zayn said quietly as the boys left the room.
"It's okay, they don't mind." Liam said, walking over and slipping back in bed.
Zayn trudged towards the bed, and with a little difficulty, climbed on it.
He crawled over to the other side, Ziam clutched tightly under his arm.
As Zayn lay down, Liam pulled the cover over him. Zayn closed his eyes, trying to ignore the fact that Liam had placed an arm above his head, on the pillow.
Zayn reopened his eyes and glanced at Liam. The lad was already sleeping, his eyes closed, his breathing even.
Zayn sighed and pulled Ziam closer to him. He snuggled his face in it's soft fur before closing his eyes again.

<><><><><><><><>
How was this chapter?
I love baby Zayn, tbh! ❤️😊
Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me!

:) xx