"Zayn the best"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 144
[Louis]

They sat in the living room that night, gathered around the television and fireplace. Louis sat on one of the armchairs with a cup of coffee in his hands as Felicite brought a couple of dvd's to them. "Which one should we watch?"

Zayn, who was sitting beside Daisy on the couch, perked up. He'd been a little quiet once they returned home, and Louis guessed it was the exhaustion of the day. He himself felt a little tired, but the coffee kept him wake.

"We watched Home Alone, wight Louis?" he said, pointing to the DVD on the top of the bunch in Felicite's arms. Surprised that he had recognised the cover, Louis smiled and nodded. "Except we also have Home Alone 3, I think."

"We do, and it's one of the best ones ever," Daisy said excitedly. Phoebe looked up at her from where she was sitting on the carpet, Ernest in her lap. "Sure, but what about the Parent Trap? I hear that one's good."

"Let's watch Getaway," Felicite suggested instead. "Has anyone watched it?"

"I have and there's too much action for the twins and Zayn," Lottie said, munching on a packet of crisps with Zayn. Upon hearing his name, Zayn looked up. "Me like akshon."

"Sure you do," Daisy said, ruffling his hair. "But I think Home Alone will be perfect,"

"And I think the Parent Trap will since we haven't watched it," Phoebe argued. "We watch Home Alone too much."

"Okay, okay, let's settle this with a vote," Louis said, putting his cup on the coffee table. "The ones in favour of Home Alone?"

Daisy, Johannah, Charlotte and Doris raised their hands. Zayn, looking at them, raised his hand as well, making Louis smile.

"Those in favor of The Parent Trap?" Louis questioned to which Dan, Felicite, Phoebe and Ernest raised their hands, Ernest following Phoebe's lead.

"Yes," Daisy said smugly, but Phoebe shook her head. "It's a tie. Louis has to break it."

Louis' eyes widened as everyone turned to look at him. Great. He thought about who would be more disappointed, Phoebe or Daisy, and he countered their trained gazes with a smile. "Uh I'm passive, both of them-"

"You have to choose one," Lottie said with a grin. "Whether it upsets the other or not."

"I won't be upset, Louis," Phoebe told him, leaning on the edge of the couch in await of his response. Daisy nodded in agrement. "Yeah, she won't be upset when you choose Home Alone."

Phoebe sent her sister a death glare that reminded Louis of his own childhood. He sighed, raising his hands in surrender. "I choose..."

"Me, choose me," Zayn urged and Louis shrugged. "Home Alone 3 it is then."

"Dammit," Phoebe cursed, Daisy sending her a smug look.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

Louis walked out of the bathroom, ruffling his wet hair. He frowned at the lump on the bed as he tied his bathrobe around him. "Sleepy?"

Zayn lifted his head with groggy eyes, his hair disheveled. His cheeks were slightly flushed and the boy blinked slowly. "My thwoat huwts."

Frowning, Louis sat down beside him, reaching out a hand to place on Zayn's forehead. "Well, you don't have a fever." He patted his cheek lightly. "Let's get you some tea for your throat, okay?"

Zayn nodded slightly, letting out a cough. He covered his mouth with his small hands and grimaced. "But tea yuck, Louis." Louis sent him a look over his shoulder as he started to get dressed. "But tea is good for the throat, and I did tell you not to eat ice cream," he said sternly. He turned back to the closet, smiling a little at himself. My parenting voice is on spot!