"Don't go, please"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 134
[Niall]

Zayn jumped around, waving his hands impatiently. "Phone. Jayn want to talk to Liam."

Niall sent him a small smile. "Patience, he hasn't picked up yet." The bell rang on the other side of the phone and then Liam picked up.

"Hey Niall," Liam greeted. He sounded tired but happy.

"Hey Li," Niall said, trying to maneuver around a jumping Zayn. "How's everything there?"

Liam sighed on the line. "It was critical last night, but thankfully she's stable now."

"That's great news," Niall said softly.

"How's Zayn?" Liam questioned and Niall chuckled. "Well, he's been pretty upset."

"You talking about Jayn!" Zayn exclaimed and jumped on Niall's leg, reaching out for the phone. Niall shook him off with a grin. "He wants to talk to you, here." He put the conversation on speaker before giving the phone to Zayn who immediately grabbed it and ran to the couch. "Hello? Liam?"

His face lit up as Liam answered on the other line and he grinned at Niall. Niall smiled warmly and sat beside him on the couch.

"Hey Zayn, are you okay?" Liam's voice rang through. Zayn pouted and shook his head. "Am miss you. Come back."

Liam chuckled softly. "Can't come back now, but I'll meet you in a few weeks. I miss you too."

Zayn smiled happily at that. "Did you open pwesent?"

"Not yet, do you want me to open it in front of you?"

Zayn nodded furiously. "Don't open yet. But boysh open it."

"Liam, it's a-" Niall stared, But Zayn gasped and leaned up to clamp a hand on his mouth. "Niall shh, don't tell."

"Okay, okay, I won't open it. What? Oh yeah, coming. I'll FaceTime you in an hour, okay Zayn?"

Zayn frowned and Niall gently grabbed the phone from him. "Okay, Liam, take care. Bye."

"Bye," Zayn mumbled.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

They ended up trying to bake some gingerbread cookies themselves, though all the boys were aware that it was going badly. The scene in the kitchen was quite a sight to see. Zayn was perched on the counter, cheek and clothes covered in flour blots. Louis was washing cookie dough off his shirt, grumbling under his breath. Harry was expertly mixing the dough while Niall mopped the floor that was wet. Zayn leaned froward and picked up a pice of dough off of Louis' shirt, putting it in his mouth. He grinned. "It good!"

"This was my favorite white shirt," Louis whined and Niall snickered. "Don't you have like four other white shirts?"

"But this one was my favorite one," Louis continued and Harry grinned at him. "You have two pairs, Lou. Stop being overdramatic."

"Don't be ovew-dame-attic," Zayn agreed, swinging his legs back and forth. Louis pouted and climbed up on one of the chairs, watching Harry pour the batch into the cookie forms. He hugged him from behind. "I hope we helped."