"No, Jayn'sh lollipop!"

Chapter 73
{Liam}

The night lamp was lying on the ground, half-shattered, the bedsheets on the floor. The cupboard doors were thrown open, boots and hats littering the floor. Gemma sat on the ground cross-legged, a glittery grey boot in her lap. Liam turned his attention to the bed where Zayn was jumping, giggling when he almost touched the ceiling. A lollipop was in his mouth, his lips blue.

"What happened here?" Louis asked incredulously, walking inside and staring at the lamp that had once been in tip top shape.

Zayn waved, taking the lollipop out. "Hi!" His blue lips reminded Liam of some kind of comic villain. Especially with him still dressed in his green lantern pajamas.

"Zayn, what happened here?" Louis asked, a hint of  anger in his voice. He looked at Gemma who just sighed. She waved at them, smiling sarcastically. "Hey. You chose once heck of a tough kid. Next time, remind me to refuse babysitting."

"Hello kiddo!" Zayn exclaimdd, jumping down from the bed. Liam reached forward before the toddler could hurt himself on the glass shards. "What's wrong with him?" he asked, staring as Zayn giggled again. He then narrowed his eyes on the lollipop. Liam swallowed. "Gemma, where did the lollipop come from?"

Gemma stood up, throwing the boot in the cupboard. She pulled out a large plastic shopper from there, groaning. "Whichever idiot let this lying around is responsible. Zayn must have found out and he's been like this ever since he gulped down all the jellybeans."

Harry's jaw dropped and he walked forward to grab the bag from him. "There was a whole jar of jelly beans, you must be kidding."

Gemma rolled her eyes. "Does it look like I'm joking?" She gestured towards the messy room.

Zayn wiggled in Liam's arms. He mumbled something that was lost in his mouth as he enjoyed his blue lollipop.

"He's super hyper," Niall remarked.

"Ya think?" Louis said sarcastically. He groaned, staring longingly at the lamp. "That was my bedside lamp."

"Zayn, you're not allowed to eat any candy without asking," Liam said calmly. Zayn still wriggled in his grasp, saying something that came out muffled.

Liam yanked the lollipop out of his mouth and Zayn gaped. "Give back."

"No. No more candy eating," Liam said strictly, trying not to give in to Zayn's pouty face.

"But whyyy?" Zayn whined, trying to grab the lollipop. Liam gave it to Louis who grimaced as he took the sticky candy, which was covered by spit, tentatively around the stick. Zayn pointed a finger at him. "Bad kiddo."

"You're a bad kiddo. Why didn't you ask Gemma or Anne before eating Harry's candy?" Louis asked, his tone disappointed.

Zayn's eyes widened. "It wash Hawwy'sh?"

Harry nodded, looking down, a hurt look on his face.  Liam thought Zayn would feel bad for it, since Harry seemed to be his favorite person. But the kid's reaction wasn't exactly what he'd expected.

Zayn sighed. "Am showwy." He then turned to Louis, holding his hands out impatiently. "Now give."

"You brat," Louis said, lips twitching. Liam grimaced as Louis ran a tongue on the lollipop. Zayn gasped. "No, Jayn'sh lollipop!"