"Michtew shkleton gonna help Jayn"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 117
[Zayn]

Zayn laughed as he jumped over the muddy ball. He hid under the slide, hoping to be the last one standing. His heart was pounding in his ears and the excitement tightened into a knot in his stomach. He peeked over the yellow slide.

"I got you!" Eric exclaimed as he grabbed Matt's shoulder. Matt groaned and slouched. "Now I have to stand."

"I shtill have to find Jayn and Will," Eric said as he looked around the playground. Zayn stepped behind the slide and grinned.

"Playing hide-and-seek?" a girl voice asked him and Zayn spun around to see Melanie. The slide was built with a deck and stairs that led to it. Under it was a booth, and Melanie was here, making small sand cakes. She was wearing black jeans and a black shirt, kitten ears sticking out of the top of her head. Her nose was painted on and whiskers were drawn on her face. A black tail stuck out from her back.

"You'we a cat," Zayn said and tilted his head.

"Yes," Mel said with a small smile. "Want a cake?"

"Yes please," Zayn said shyly. He looked at her curly brown hair which was down for once. "You have vewy cuwly haiw."

Mel touched her hair and shrugged. Her hands were dirty as she placed the sand cake on a plastic platter. "Oops," she mumbled as the sand cake collapsed.

Zayn peeked over the slide to see if Eric was near his hiding place. He would have to find him first and then try to catch him. As long as he was unable to touch him, Zayn wasn't caught. Zayn smiled proudly. He was one of the best players.

He looked back at Mel and wondered why she was playing alone. "You want to play with ush?"

Melanie shrugged. "Matt's mean to me." She looked up at him and tilted her head, her cat ears askew. "You'we Shpidewman."

"Yup. Am going twink-ow-tweeting with boysh today," Zayn told her excitedly. Melanie giggled. "It's trick-or-treating."

"That'sh what I shaid," Zayn huffed. "I meant twick not twink." He looked behind him cautiously. "You want to play?" he asked again. He looked at her and pursed his lips. "I pwomise I won't let Matt be mean to you."

Melanie hesitated at first, but then she broke into a smile. "Okay!"

Zayn smiled and motioned for her to come. "You can hide hewe with me."
He stood stood straight, proud he hadn't been caught, and bonked his head on the slide. "Ow," Zayn recoiled as Melanie stifled her laughter, her hand clamped down on her mouth.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

Louis came to pick him up a few hours later. Emma told him that Zayn needed overalls, his costume needed to be washed since it was muddy and he needed rain clothes. Zayn grabbed Louis' hand as they left the building. "When we going-" he paused. "Twick-ow-tweating?"

"Tonight," Louis said, squinting against the sun that was shining down on them. "But first we need to talk to you about a few-"

Zayn gasped and stopped to a halt, pulling Louis back with him. The brown haired lad looked around in alert. "What's wrong?"  He eyed the boy. "Did you forget something?"

Zayn pointed up at the sky where a rainbow tore through the blue and yellow of the sun and sky. "It'sh a weal wainbow," he whispered in awe. Louis chuckled and nodded. "Yeah. When it rains and it's sunny, rainbows are often made."

"It'sh like my dwawing," Zayn said happily as they continued walking. "Thish ish a good day!"

Louis laughed nervously. "Yeah, about that...we have some things to discuss, buddy."