"It cold outside"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 142
[Zayn]

By the time they returned home, Zayn had caught about a hundred snow flakes, watching them melt on his palm or the sleeve of his jacket

By the time they returned home, Zayn had caught about a hundred snow flakes, watching them melt on his palm or the sleeve of his jacket. It was freezing at night, and Zayn's hands were cold as ice. They were stiff and he fumbled with the zip of the jacket.

Phoebe crouched with a smile. "Here." She unzipped his jacket for him, and Louis seemed to notice Zayn's red hands. He crouched down as well and took the boy's hands in his warm ones. "Woah," he said, blue eyes widening. "You're freezing." He squeeze Zayn's cold hands, and Zayn felt the warmth from Louis' hands encase his. He shuddered a little. "It cold outside," he said mater-of-factly.

"Yes, I know. And you need gloves," Louis said, rubbing Zayn's hands quickly to warm them up.

"I'll make some tea," Daisy said, kicking off her shoes and placing them in the compartment. Doris followed after her, waddling behind her like a lost puppy. She seemed tired and sleepy, quite like Ernest who was too focused on untying his shoelaces, his fingers fumbling.

"Ernie, I'll do it," Felicity said, but the boy shook his head sleepily, his blonde curls bouncing. "I want do meshelf."

Louis picked Zayn up, and Zayn placed his head on the boy's shoulder. He wasn't sleepy, just a little tied of playing and walking around so much.

"Did you have fun?" Louis questioned as he sat down on the couch in the living room. The fireplace was crackling, its warmth enveloping them, melting away the cold. Zayn sat cross legged on Louis' lap and nodded in answer.

Louis smiled and pushed his fringe back, relaxing against the couch. "Good. I've planned a lot. We'll watch a few Christmas movies, lots of things to bake, and we're going to go Christmas shopping..." his voice faded, and he let out a yawn.

"You should head to bed," Charlotte suggested, plopping down beside the two of them. Ernie padded into the room and climbed up beside her, blinking slowly. "I'm putting the twins to bed too."

Louis nodded, sending Zayn a look. "Do you want to sleep with them?"

"No. I alone with no Jiam," he said sadly. "I miss him."

"Well, at least Rair's with him," Charlotte said with a shrug. Zayn narrowed his eyes at her. "Woaw. He name is Woaw."

"Oh sorry, at least Woah's with him," Charlotte corrected and Zayn face palmed. Louis let out a laugh, shaking his head. "I think Lottie meant to say Roar."

Lottie's eyes widened and she chuckled. "Yeah, Roar."

"What Lottie?" Zayn wondered. Louis ruffled his hair. "It's her nickname."

"What Jayn's nickname," Zayn asked excitedly. Louis bopped his nose, making him grin. "Zee."

"But Liam call Zaynie," Zayn stated, suddenly missing the other three boys. "I wanna talk to Liam," he said with a pout. Louis glanced at the clock and nodded slowly. "Okay, But if you're sleeping with me, we're heading to bed now, I'm too tired."