"Jayn wich fo mummy"

Chapter 79
{Zayn}
Vote for double update?

It was dark inside the house. Despite sunshine breaking through the curtains, the lights were off. Zayn held his breath as he heard footsteps come closer. The front door had opened and he was afraid daddy had come home.

But when brown eyes like his stared at him, Zayn let out a breath of relief. He crawled from under the couch and threw himself in her arms, hugging her tightly. Waliyha hugged him back equally tightly, and Zayn tried not to cry. The past days, daddy had been gone and Wali had been the only one at home. He'd actually gone out with her and she'd showed him a playground a block down.

But now daddy was back from wherever he'd been, and Zayn couldn't help it anymore as he began to cry on Wali's shoulder.

Wali pulled back and wiped his tears. "No crying, zapman. Not today." She took off her bag and crouched down, pulling out a small box with a slice of cake. Zayn smiled widely. "Dat fo Jayn?"

"Yup, this is for you. It's your birthday!" Wali said enthusiastically. She kissed the top of his head. "Stay here, I'll be back in a minute."

She hurried into the kitchen, but before she did, she turned on the living room lights. Zayn sat down on the couch, moving his legs as he waited excitedly for what Wali was going to do.

She came back minutes later and shut the lights off again, this time a plate and a bowl in hand. A small candle was placed on top of the cake slice and Zayn jumped up excitedly. The bowl was filled with popcorn.

"You're three years old now, give me a kiss!" Wali exclaimed. Zayn leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

"Now blow the candle out and wish for something," Wali whispered mysteriously. She placed the plate down on the coffee table and Zayn sat down on the floor. He blew the candle out and Wali clapped. "Well, wish for something now! But you can't tell me or it won't be true."

Zayn stared at the bin that was sitting in the corner, the top of a glass bottle marking it's content. He pulled his hands together, and leaned away from Waliyha. Whispering lowly, he said. "Jayn wich fo mummy."

Wali's shoulders dropped and Zayn frowned. "Ywou heaw Jayn'sh wich?"

Wali shook her head and smiled at him reassuringly, grabbing some popcorn. "No don't worry, I didn't."

"Wali, daddy knowsh it'sh Jayn'sh biwthday?" Zayn asked curiously. Wali shook her head. "He's very busy, you know." She swallowed. "He must have forgot. But don't worry, he won't be here all day and maybe even not night."

Zayn grinned, jumping up. He hugged Wali tightly, burying his face in her hair. "Dwon't gwo to chool."

"School just started Zayn," Waliyha said sadly. "But I'll try to get home as best as I can. I'll bring you lots of new toys. Just sleep in your room and if you wake up-"

"Jayn know no open da doow. But Jayn can't open da doow," Zayn said. He'd never been able to open the bedroom door because it's handle was so high up.

"That's good, just stay there till I come back and then no worries," Wali said with a smile. She nodded at the slice, grabbing the bowl of popcorn. "Let's eat?"

When night finally came, Wali told Zayn they could sleep together in mummy and daddy's room. Zayn couldn't sleep though, he was too happy. Today had been so much fun. He kissed Ziam's nose before turning to kiss Wali's. Grabbing Ziam, Zayn slid off the bed. He left the room and walked down the stairs to get something to eat.