"Who'sh going to count?"

Chapter 14
{Harry}

"We've got our second public appearance with Zayn tomorrow." Harry told the lads the next morning.
Maria smiled as she dried her hands with a towel. "When will I get to meet the little one?"
Maria did all the cooking in the house, and the cleaning too. She was the most kind, soft-hearted woman ever, and never was rude to anyone.
Liam grinned, pointing a finger towards the doorway as he sipped his hot chocolate. "Right now."
Sure enough, the three year old trudged towards them, his face set in a scowl. He was squinting against the light, dragging his wolf along. When he noticed Maria, his eyes widened and he froze on the spot.
"Good morning Zayn. This is Maria." Louis told him with a smile.
Maria smiled, kneeling down in front of the toddler. "Hello Zayn."
Zayn took a step back, his cheeks pink. He kept his gaze low, now clutching Ziam tightly to his chest.
"He's shy..." Niall trailed off.

Zayn trudged over to his seat, glancing up at Liam to pick him up. The boys couldn't hide their surprise, Zayn never willingly told them to come near him. After recovering from the slight shock, Liam picked the toddler up and sat him down. Maria placed some waffles on his plate, filling the glass with milk.
"Oh lad's, I forgot to tell ya. Jake invited me to play golf with him today. We'll go to the field." Niall said excitedly.
"Yeah, I won't be here either." Liam smiled. "Soph just arrived and I'm meeting up with her."
Harry shrugged. "That's okay. We don't have anything to do. Or I don't."
Louis nodded. "Me neither."
"Great, then you guys can look after Zayn." Niall said, wiping his mouth as he stood up.
Liam nodded as his phone rang. He answered it, a giddy smile on his face as he walked out of the kitchen. "Hey Sophia!"
"How are you feeling?" Harry asked, turning towards Zayn.
Zayn shrugged, wiping his milk mustache. "Owkay. I can't bweathe thwo my noche." he told them.
"Aww, that sucks. We'll have to make sure to give you the medicine." Louis said. Harry nodded, watching absently as Zayn gulped the rest of his milk down.

🍼🍼🍼🍼Zayn🍼🍼🍼🍼
Zayn just sat there on the sofa, watching the two boys be busy on their phones, not paying attention to anything else. Zayn huffed, feeling completely bored. 
Louis snorted at something, but that was it. Ten minutes later, Harry pocketed his phone and smiled at Zayn. "You okay?"
Zayn frowned. "Yesh." he bit his lip. "But, am bowed."
"Did someone say bored?" Louis asked, pocketing his phone. "You're not allowed to be bored in this house!" he grinned.
"But I am." Zayn told him.
"Well, let's play hide and seek." Louis suggested with a shrug.
Harry raised an eyebrow at him. "Hide and seek?" he grinned.
"Up for it?" Louis asked.
Harry shrugged and nodded. "Okay. If Zayn wants to though."
Zayn nodded happily, sliding off the sofa. "Who'sh going to count?"
"I'll do it." Harry offered.

As he walked over to the opposite wall, Louis yelled. "Count to fifty."
Zayn crouched, crawling under the table. Sitting up, he pulled his knees to his chest.
When Harry was done counting to fifty, he yelled. "I'm coming!"
Zayn bit his lip as he watched the lad's socketed feet roam around the room. He walked towards the table, kneeling down to check. Zayn would definitely get caught now. Suddenly, there was a tug at his arm as Louis pulled him under the sofa. Zayn's feet left the table right in time for Harry to shake his head, his eyes darting around.
"He's coming here." Louis whispered, "let's run on the my count of three." he told him.
Zayn nodded, excitement bubbling in him as he heard Harry's footsteps grow nearer. When the lad's head popped up and he said, "found you!", Louis grabbed Zayn's hand and made a sprint up the stairs.
The poor toddler stumbled upon the stairs as he tried to keep up with Louis. Louis noticing, lifted him up running as Harry was right on their heels.
"Hey, come back here cheaters." Harry grinned as he ran after them. Zouis reached the second floor, Louis pulling Zayn into one of the room. "Where to hide?" he asked quickly.

"D-da closet?" Zayn panted. Louis nodded, opening the door and sitting inside, pulling  Zayn onto his lap. After closing the doors, the two waited. And waited for Harry to come.
Just as Zayn began to feel bored, he heard the door crack open. Zayn clutched Louis's arm in anticipation, his breath coming out fast as he tried to hide his grin.
Eventually Louis had to clamp a hand on his mouth, making a face that was too hard to see in the dark. Zayn peeked through the door, Louis holding him back from going too long out. Who knows-
The door swung open and Harry grinned down at them, wiggling his eyebrows.
Louis groaned as Zayn breathed a sigh, the lad in front of them laughing hysterically.

<><><><><><>
Zayn changed the color from red to blue, he needed some blue in superman's suit. Why didn't batman have blue color? he wondered. Zayn stared at his crayons scattered on the coffee table in the living room. Harry and Louis were huddled up together, watching some kind of tv show.
As Zayn picked up the black one, turning to his newest project, Ironman, Harry changed the channel from tv show to geography news. He then changed it from geography news to animal planet to sports channel to news channel to-
Zayn stared up at the tv. "What ish dat?"
"Ah, bring backs memories. It's Cartoon Network." Louis explained, watching closely as Zayn stared at the different characters of Kids Next Door.
A sneeze was what distracted Zayn from the tv, which had distracted him from coloring.
"Ooh, look what's up next." Louis grinned as Harry wiped Zayn's nose with a tissue.
"Tahnksh." Zayn told him, sniffing.
"It's Young Justice!"

"What'sh dat?" Zayn asked blankly.
Harry smiled at him, picking him up and setting him down on the sofa. "Batman."
Zayn looked down at his feet. The boys had started being so comfortable around him, picking him whenever they wanted. The question that entered his mind was, is it okay?
Zayn noticed the way Harry draped an arm around his shoulders, pointing to the different characters.
"Me favorite, Robin Hood." Louis exclaimed.
Harry froze suddenly, Zayn and Louis noticing immediately. "What is it?" Louis asked as Harry turned towards Harry. "I just realized...ever since your first day here, you haven't showered."
Zayn's eyes widened. "No, Jayn had a showe at the adopshon shentre."
"Nice idea, Haz! Come on, Zayn. It'll be fun." Louis urged him. "Besides, you have to take a shower one time or another. And it won't be awkward because we won't say anything about the marks on your back."

Harry sent him a death glare, Louis's eyes widening. He grinned sheepishly. "Uh, yeah."
Zayn blinked, his mind racing. They had seen his marks? "B-but when?" the toddler asked, his wide hazel eyes looking horrified.
Harry rubbed his back comfortably. "It's okay, we just noticed them when we were cooling you down."
Zayn pulled away. "Am not showewing."
"Zayn."
Zayn buried his head in his hands. "No. Nobody have sheen the maks!" he yelled. "Why did ywou shee them?"
Louis let out a breath. "We're sorry, we were just trying to make you better."
Zayn slid off the sofa and bounded off, climbing the steps of the stairs quickly.
"Zayn!"

<><><>A/N<><><>
Sorry for the late update, I've had a lot of distractions. Also, I'm sorry if this chappie was crappy 😁
Also, hit me up on Twitter and tumblr!
:directi0nyou
:directionyou

I know, I'm obnoxious 😏😝
xx