"W-why ish he hewe?"

Chapter 20
{Liam}

Zayn snuggled in Liam's arms, frowning in his sleep. "What happened?" Louis asked finally. Liam ran a hand down his face, shrugging. "I honestly don't know. I went to pick Zayn up and he just ran to me and began to cry." Liam looked down and stroked the toddler's hair softly. "He said there was a woman, a man with a camera. I think they might be reporters."
Louis' face consorted in anger. "Why would they want to talk to him, and not us?"
Niall shook his head, looking at Zayn. "I guess a few reporters thought it was smarter to try to get something out of a little kid."
"I just think he's shaken up." Harry said softly, rubbing Zayn's back. Liam nodded in agreement. Zayn shifted in his sleep, his frown soon turning into a scowl. "P-p-p-pwe-eashe." he mumbled and Liam frowned. "He's dreaming again."
Zayn's grip tightened around Liam. "Are you going to wake him up...?" Preston asked, throwing a worried look in the rear mirror. Liam glanced at the boy in his arms who had started to literally squeeze Liam's arm. He nodded. "Yeah, I think we should."

"Zayn." he stroked his cheek softly. "Zayn, wake up."
Zayn's eyes fluttered open, a light gasp escaping his lips. His eyes darted around as he stared up at Liam's face. "L-Leeyum?" he sat up and rubbed his red puffy eyes, and Liam rubbed his back soothingly. "It's okay. It was just a bad dream."
Zayn closed his eyes and slouched on Liam's chest, taking deep breaths. A few minutes later and he had fallen asleep again.

<><><><><><><><>
The doorbell rang. Louis left to open the door, the other three boys just chilling on the couches. "What are you doing here?" Louis asked irritatedly and Liam frowned. "Who is it?" he called out. Louis reentered the living room, this time a burly man with brown hair at his side.
"Pete." Niall groaned, representing how each of the boys felt. Pete always, and Liam meant always was a bad sign. And this time he looked extremely angry.
"One job. We give you one job, and you can't even do that." he started. "Do these public appearances, no answering questions, leave people hanging. Leave the press wondering, and you can't even do that!?"
"Woah calm down." Harry said. "We haven't done anything, we followed Max's orders. No one gave an interview, or answered any questions."
"Oh shit." Niall murmured, and Liam noticed Zayn walk down the stairs still in his trousers and shirt. The boys had been afraid he'd wake up so they didn't change his clothes. The toddler rubbed his eyes, walking over and hauling himself up on the sofa.

"Hi Zayn." Louis smiled at Zayn, glaring daggers at Pete.
"Hello-o-o-o." Zayn muttered, yawning.
Pete rolled his eyes. "Yes you guys did. He gave an interview." the man continued, as if completing ignoring the child in the room.
Louis gritted his teeth. "Can this wait?"
Pete crossed his arms. "No. You guys have messed up everything, can you not follow orders!?"
Zayn winced, and Liam forced a smile at him. "It's okay." he whispered.
"Keep your voice down." Louis said through clenched teeth, and Liam knew it wasn't long before he lost his cool.
"What did we do?" Liam asked challengingly. Surely there must have been a mistake. They hadn't talked to any reporters as far as he knew.
"You let the boy give an interview, it's the same thing as what we said, not, to, do!" Pete exploded, making Zayn block his ears with hands, shutting his eyes tightly.

"Shut your fooking mouth pal, and calm the fook down." Louis yelled back.
Zayn winced, burying his head in Liam's arm. Liam wrapped his arms around the little guy, trying to ignore the anger building up inside him.
"Louis!" Harry said through gritted teeth. Louis' eyes widened, and he ran a stressed hand through his hair.
"Why don't you lads see for yourselves." Pete barked, reaching over for the remote. As he switched though channels, Zayn leaned over and whispered in Liam's ear. "W-why ish he hewe?"
"He's rude. That's why." Liam muttered.
Zayn nodded, looking satisfied that Liam didn't like him either. "He ish."
Pete stopped on channel 7, and Liam's mouth fell open. Zayn was on screen, looking scared out of his mind. "J-Jayn."
"Oh. So how old are you?"
Zayn wiped his eyes, and Liam's heart ached. The toddler lifted up three fingers. "Thwee."
"Do you know Harry, Niall, Liam, and Louis?"
Zayn's eyes widened. "Oh yesh. They adopted Jayn."
"Really? Are they nice?"
Zayn nodded.
"Who's your favourite?"
Zayn thought for a minute before saying, "Hawwy."

Zayn shook Liam's arm. "Leeyum, it wash them! They took Jayn."
Niall couldn't help but laugh, and Liam shot him a glare. This was not a situation to laugh at.
Pete raised an eyebrow, demanding an explanation. Liam decided it was probably best for all of them, and especially Zayn, if Louis and Pete didn't talk to each other.
"At the park, Zayn was playing and reporters came to him. He was scared, he didn't knew." Liam muttered.
Pete threw his hands up. "Great, just great. You can't even look after a toddler."
He glanced at Zayn angrily, who shrunk back. "And it seems you've already spoiled him. I swear you're the worst clients ever."
"Are you done?" Liam said, rather harshly. "Tell us what's going to happen, and then you can get out of the house."
Pete grumbled something under his breath before informing them, "The interview is now moved up because of him." he pointed at Zayn.

"He's a child, are you blaming a three year old for this?" Harry asked, anger and irritation laced in his tone.
Pete opened his mouth, but closed it again. He sighed and continued, "We're trying to get one with Ellen, it'll be sometime this week though."
"Okay, thank you." Niall said, standing up. "Anything else?"
Pete shook his head.
"Well, then you can go. I'll show you the door out." Niall told him, actually showing the man the way out, following him till the end.
Liam heard the door close, and Niall rolled his eyes as he reentered the living room. "He gives me a fu-" he glanced at Zayn. "A freakin headache."
"A-am sowwy. Jayn d-didn't know." Zayn said quietly, wiping his eyes.
"It's okay." Harry said gently. Niall nodded, grinning. "I think it's funny you were the one to give the interview."
"Yeah, it's not your fault. Pete is just like that." Louis grumbled.
Zayn bit his lip and nodded.
"Do you want some honey and milk?" Harry asked with a bright smile.
A smile tugged on Zayn's lips and he nodded eagerly. "Yesh pweashe."

<><><>A/N<><><>
I love writing this book so much. I should be writing "Nothing's Wrong", finishing the book, but I'm in love with baby Zayn. Don't tell me you're not 😘❤️
Omg, omg. Zayn's boys are so caring and sweet. I swear ot5 will not die, whether Zayn comes back or not, ot5 will not die. Especially Ziam.
The pic just made me smile, since it looks like Zayn's stuffed wolf 😌

Love u guys xx