"Jayn can change by himshelf"

Chapter 4
{Liam's POV}

Liam wasn't sure what had happened. The only thing he knew for sure was that Zayn had screamed, loudly. They were in his new room, fixing up things and informing the men what to work on. It was then they'd heard the ear-piercing scream. At first, they hadn't recognized it. Then Liam's eyes had widened and he'd bounded for the door to Niall's room.
Liam's eyes darted to Zayn then to Louis. He would make sure to ask him later what had happened. The fact that Zayn was pretty shaken up was enough proof to know something bad had.
"Well,uhm, do you want to go shopping, Zayn?" Niall asked awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.
Zayn pursed his pouty little lips.
"It's just for a little while." Harry assured him. "To buy new clothes for you, new things for your room."
"Jayn'sh woom?" he asked, curiosity replacing in his eyes.
Liam smiled widely. "Yeah, it's a surprise though. We'll show you it later when it's done. So what do you say?"
Zayn nodded. "Owkay."
"Well then, let's go. I'll tell Mike to look after the men while they're working." Louis said, before disappearing out of the room.

👢👢👢👢Harry👢👢👢👢
They climbed into the car, and this time Zayn didn't protest. As the car roared to life, Harry tried to make a conversation with the toddler on his lap. "Do you know our names, Zayn?"
Zayn nodded. "You'we Hawwy."
Harry smiled, warmth spreading inside him. This kid was just too innocent and cute.
"That's right. This is Louis." he told Zayn, pointing to Louis. Louis grinned and rolled his eyes, making Zayn giggle. "This is Niall."
Niall made a face, and Zayn smiled. "And this is Liam."
Liam smiled and waved at Zayn.
Harry felt great satisfaction as he stared at the toothy grin on Zayn's face. "Can you our names now?"
Zayn shrugged. "Loueh, Nawiall and Leeyum." he said, pointing to each of the boys.
Louis laughed, pushing the hair away from his face. "He's adorable."
Half an hour later they arrived at the shopping center. "This is gonna be fun." he commented, pulling his hood low.

🍼🍼🍼🍼Zayn🍼🍼🍼🍼
Zayn trudged inside, following the four boys. "I think we should buy clothes first." Louis said with a smile.
Liam shrugged. "I'll go buy the things for his room."
"I'll join you." Niall said.
Harry smiled. "I'll go with Louis and Zayn."
Liam bit his lip. "Okay, but be careful. You never know when there could be paps around."
Zayn stared at his sneakers intently. They were going to buy him new things and clothes, and he was planning on running away. Besides, what was the perfect chance than a big shopping center with lots of shops?
"Come on." Louis said, taking Zayn's small hand in his.
Zayn scowled and pulled back, walking beside him. He didn't like it when they did that. Suddenly came near him. And he couldn't hold Louis if he was going to run, he would catch him right away!

They entered a shop with big red letters. As Zayn followed Harry and Louis inside, he found himself gaping. There were rack upon racks with different clothes, on one side were the girls, on the other side were the boys.
Zayn found himself drawn to a pair of green lantern pj's. He trotted over to them, his eyes darting to the green lantern shirt, and then the green bottoms.
"You like this nightwear?" Louis whispered to him, pulling his hood down.
Harry appeared beside them, wearing a beanie that nearly covered his eyes.
Zayn shrugged. "It'sh niche." he said, not wanting them to buy anything for him.
He was going to run away anyway.
Louis smirked at him and gestured for him to follow. The blue eyed boy walked over to the boy's section. He pulled out a few striped t-shirts, wiggling his eyebrows at Harry.
Harry laughed. "I know what you have in mind. Okay, give it a go."
Louis grinned and gestured for Zayn to follow him to the changing rooms. On his way, he picked out suspenders, some shoes, and trousers.
"Come on then." Louis guided him towards the changing room. He opened the cubicle and was about to follow Zayn inside.
The toddler's eyes widened. Louis couldn't follow him inside. Zayn's hand absently reached up to touch the faded marks on his back. He had even hid them from Lily, he just couldn't make Louis see them.
"Jayn can change by himshelf." Zayn said. He grabbed the clothes from Louis and walked inside, shutting the door behind him. Standing on his tip toes, Zayn reached up and turned the lock. He looked at himself in the mirror before taking off his shirt. He pulled on the blue striped shirt.
"Are you sure you don't want help, Zayn?" Louis called out.
"Mhmm." Zayn said, pulling on the trousers. He stuffed his socketed feet in the shoes, before turning to look in the mirror. The only thing he found hard was putting on these suspenders.

Zayn turned around and stood on his toes, reaching out to unlock the door. The door swung open and Louis grinned at him.
Zayn pointed to the suspenders hanging. Louis kneeled down, setting it up as if he'd done it a thousand times. "Come on, let's show Harry." he said excitedly.
Zayn walked out with him, feeling quite good. Louis was nice to buy him new clothes. Maybe he shouldn't run away after all? But people are always mean, especially strangers. And Dad had said if someone did adopt Zayn it would be because they wanted some ugly slave. Zayn bit his lip. He'd also said that was the reason mum had died. Because Zayn was ugly. Zayn sniffed, the tears falling down his cheeks before he could stop them.
Louis noticed and immediately halted. "Hey, hey, what happened?"
Zayn shook his head, rubbing his eyes with his finger. "Notting." He was being a baby, he needed to stop crying now. Especially in front of Louis!
"You can tell me." Louis said softly.
Zayn shook his head again. "It'sh owkay."
Louis bit his lip, determined to get an answer, but just then Harry walked over to them, a lot of clothes in his arms. He smiled as he saw Zayn. "I knew this was going to happen."
Louis grinned mischievously at him. "He suits it though. It looks cute."
"Did it fit him?"
"Yeah, his size is two."
Zayn glanced out of the shop. He would have to run. It wasn't before the other boys began asking him questions about dad, just like the police had. Zayn decided to bolt now, while the two were busy talking.
The toddler took his chance and ran for the exit doors.

🎤🎤🎤🎤Liam🎤🎤🎤🎤
"He likes comic books, right?" Niall said, grinning at the superhero bedding.
Liam nodded enthusiastically. "It'll look great with his room. Don't forget the pillow case."
Half an hour later, they had bought half the things they needed for Zayn's room.
"Let's go. I betcha that they're still in Mini Minors." Niall said, as they walked side by side, two plastic bags in hand.
Liam spotted Mini Minor right on the corner. Just as they were walking towards the shop, someone small bumped into him.
"Oh, I'm so sorry." Liam said looking down. His eyes widened, so did the culprit's.
"Zayn?" Niall asked, dumbfounded.
Liam dropped his bags and grabbed the toddler just as he tried to run away.
Harry, Louis and a security guard walked over to them. Zayn struggled in Liam's arms, but once he realized he was caught, he gave up.
"Again, we're truly sorry." Harry told the officer. She sighed. "It's fine, just look after this kid okay?"
Louis nodded, biting his lip.
Liam handed Niall his extra bag, before leading Zayn back to Mini Minors. It was then that he noticed the toddler's outfit. Blue striped shirt, suspenders, blue TOMS and trousers. The work of art by Louis Tomlinon, the one and only.

Larry followed them towards the changing rooms. "Go change, Zayn." Harry said, gently giving him a push inside the cubicle. He ran a hand through his hair. "We're gonna get mobbed anytime now. A few girls recognized us when we were talking to Officer Selma."
Louis groaned. "Great. I didn't want Zayn to know about...you know."
Liam nodded. It was best a troubled and disturbed kid like Zayn didn't know about the vast and busy life of the boys. Especially since they were soon going to start recording again. Thinking of disturbed and troubled kids...
"Why did he run away?" Liam asked sternly, crossing his arms over his chest.
Louis shook his head. "Honestly I have no idea. He just suddenly bolted out of the shop. And he was crying before."
"Zayn was crying?" Harry asked, his eyes slightly wide.
Louis hushed him. "Yes. He didn't tell me why, but I guess it was right before he ran away."
Liam groaned. "We're horrible guardians."

The door to the cubicle swung open and Zayn stepped out, dressed in his old red sweater, trousers, and the pair of sneakers.
"Did you guys get any shopping done?" Liam asked irritated.
Louis smiled sheepishly, but Harry nodded. "He's a size age two. I picked out some things I thought were cute and necessary. They're at the counter."
"Ok, just pay for everything and then we'll leave." Liam told him.
"We're not buying the mini me outfit?" Louis asked, acting distraught.
Harry grinned. "Nah, it was cute, but didn't exactly suit him."
"Only I can pull off that look." Louis boasted.
Liam rolled his eyes before turning to Zayn. The little boy was staring intently at the floor.
"Let's go Zayn." Liam said. Zayn nodded slowly at the polished tiles, following him and Louis out.
If there was one thing Liam was sure of it was that Zayn was a shy, mysterious boy, with a mysterious past.
Liam hoped he and the boys could crack his shell though...

<><><>A/N<><><><
How was this chapter? ;)
Don't forget to vote and comment!

;) xx