"P-p-p-weashe dwon't huwt Jayn"

Chapter 20
{Zayn}

Zayn froze, looking up at the man in front of him. He had dark blue eyes, and jet black hair. Beside him was a woman with a microphone in her hand, her brown hair pulled up in a ponytail. Behind the pair was a man with glasses, holding a camera.
Zayn swallowed thickly, deciding they probably wanted to pick their child up. Turning around, he began to walk away. He was immediately pulled behind the slide again, and Zayn's eyes widened, goosebumps appearing on his skin. The man held his arms, and Zayn struggled to get away. He tried to yell, but his heart was to busy racing as the woman kneeled down.
"Robert, not too tight. You're scaring the kid." the woman said, glaring angrily at the man holding him. Zayn felt 'Robert' loosen his grip on him, but that don't soothe the toddler at all.
"Hello, what's your name?" the woman smiled.
Zayn's eyes widened and he backed away, pulling his arm away. He bumped into the second man, and Zayn felt tears press themselves in his eyes.

"Don't worry, we're not going to hurt you." The woman said. "We just wanted to ask you some things. You see, I don't want to lose my job and you're the only one who can help me."
Zayn just stared at her, his nerves buzzing. Maybe if he yelled on the boys, would they hear him?
"Maybe the kid's mute." Robert said. "He can't talk, he's two after all."
Zayn scowled at him. "Am thwee."
The woman smiled widely, and Zayn felt creeped out of his skin. "P-p-p-weashe dwon't huwt Jayn." he stuttered, tears blurring his vision.
The woman shook her head. "No, no we're not....what's your name again?"
Zayn sniffed, wiping his eyes. "Dear, what's your name?" The woman repeated.
Zayn's eyes darted to the right, and he made a break for it. He began to run, but a strong arm wrapped around his waist. Zayn was about to scream, but Robert placed a hand on his mouth. Zayn struggled to get away, but it was impossible.

Zayn bit his lip, tears threatening to spill. What would happen now? What if the boys thought he ran away? They would hate him and think Zayn lied.
"I promise we'll let you go if you tell us what we want." The woman told him.
"Pwomise?" Zayn asked hesitantly.
"Promise."
"Pinky pwomise?"
"Oh come on!" Robert said irritatedly, making Zayn flinch away. He yelled just like daddy, and his eyes couldn't have been any more like him.
"Shut up Robert." The woman scolded him. She smiled at Zayn. "Pinky promise. So what's your name?"
The second man walked closer to them, the camera still up.
"J-Jayn." Zayn said quietly.
"Oh. So how old are you?"
Zayn wiped his eyes and lifted up three fingers. "Thwee."

"Do you know Harry, Niall, Liam, and Louis?"
Zayn's eyes widened. "Oh yesh. They adopted Jayn."
The woman smiled triumphly. "Really? Are they nice?"
Zayn nodded. "Nisher than ywou."
The woman blinked and Zayn clamped a hand on his mouth. "Am showwy! Please dwon't huwt me!"
"It's okay. We won't, Zayn." The woman assured him. "Who's your favourite?"
Zayn thought hard. Who was his favourite? "Uhm, Hawwy."
The woman smiled, standing up as the third man lowered the camera. "Thank you, Zayn."
"C-c-can Jayn go now?" Zayn asked.
"Lily...I think we should go now too." Robert said, beginning to back away.
Zayn watched as the three scary people snuck away, keeping their heads down. Someone bumped into him from behind and Zayn bit his lip, hoping it wasn't bad people.

Instead a girl his age stared up at him, her blonde her braided on each side of her head. "Ehmm hello?" she waved a hand in front of his face. "You'we in the way, weiwdo."
Zayn frowned, walking away from her. Just then, he noticed that Liam was coming towards him and Zayn had never felt so relieved in his life. He ran forward and threw himself on the lad, wrapping his arms tightly around him. All the fear and all the tears he'd kept pushing, spilled. "Leeyum, they whewe....a shcawy woman."
Liam kneeled down, his face in a worried scowl. "What happened Zayn, why are you crying?"
Zayn sniffed, not letting go of Liam. Liam wrapped his arms around him and stroked his hair, trying to calm the toddler down. Zayn let out a sob, his breath hitching. Liam lifted him up, rubbing his back. Zayn buried his head in Liam's shoulder, trying to stop the constant sobs.
"Shh." Liam said, continuing to rub his back soothingly. "Zayn don't cry, tell me what happened."

Zayn sniffed, wiping his eyes as he lifted his head. "Thewe wewe thwee people. A-a man...Wobetsh. A one with a c-c-camewa, and a woman. They took J-Jayn and held him and wewe m-mean to him and they squeejed J-Jayn'sh awm."
Liam frowned, looking around. "Are you ok? What did they say, did you know them?"
Zayn let out a sob, shaking his head. "N-no. J-J-Jayn wash sh-sho shcawed."
Liam stroked his hair, leaning forward to place a soft kiss on the crown of Zayn's head. Zayn closed his eyes and let his head fall on Liam's shoulder, and Liam began to head back towards the other boys. "Shh. It's okay." He said gently, rubbing Zayn's back as Zayn's breath hitched.
"What happened?" Zayn heard Harry ask, and he buried his face in Liam's neck to avoid any talk with anybody else.
"Uh, long story." Liam mumbled, and Zayn wondered whether the lad had understood anything of what he'd blabbered.
"Zayn, are you ok?" Louis asked, patting Zayn's back hesitantly.

Zayn ignored him, gripping Liam's arms tightly.
"Louis, I think we should head home." Liam said, understanding the message that Zayn was trying to convey. He didn't want to be bothered.
Zayn heard shuffling as the boys began to pack their things, and he felt a little guilty for ruining their day. He lifted his head up and wiped his eyes. "It'sh o-o-owkay. We can shtay."
Niall stared at him. "Zayn if you want to go home, then we will. There's nothing to do here if you won't have fun. Do you want to go home?"
Zayn bit his lip and nodded. "Am showwy." he whispered. Harry shook his head, looking at him sternly. "You have absolutely nothing to apologize about. Are you okay?"
Zayn nodded, dropping his head to Liam's shoulder and closing his eyes.

<><><><>A/N<><><><>
Aww, this was really sad to write.
Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment!

xx 😘