"I want to go home"

Chapter 99
{Zayn}

Zayn looked out the window excitedly as the car stopped in front of the now familiar red building. He turned to Liam with a smile, shaking him awake. Liam's eyes fluttered open and he smiled lazily. "Excited?"

Zayn nodded and put on his yellow Tom&Jerry backpack. "Let'sh go."

Liam yawned and sat up, opening the car door for Zayn. Zayn jumped down onto the ground and could already hear the many children voices, everyone playing outside already. He swallowed the nervousness he felt and went to hold Liam's hand tightly. None of the boys had remembered to set an alarm so when Zayn woke up early this morning, Maria reminded him of kindergarten. He had tried to wake Louis up, but he had said he was tired and that Zayn should go to Niall. When he went to Niall, he said he was 'knackered' and that Zayn should go to Harry. Alas, Harry was so deep in sleep that he didn't even wake up. So Zayn went to Liam who mumbled something about going to Louis.

Eventually Zayn had grown upset so he decided to wake Liam up the hard way. He began jumping on the bed and yelled in Liam's ear until he was fully awake and ready to go. Zayn grinned as he looked up at him, now Liam could spend the day with him and then the next day Harry and then Louis and then Niall again. Liam smiled back down. "Introduce me to your friends before I leave Okay?"

Zayn stopped walking, his smile dropping. "You leaving?" He shook his head, a scared expression on his face. Liam rubbed his hand gently and kneeled down, smiling. "You have friends now, you can play with them. Besides, I really need to get back home."

"Why?" Zayn asked with a pout. "Don't go, Leeyum."

"You'll be okay on your own, you're a big boy now," Liam said, giving him a kiss on the forehead. "And if you need us, what will you do?"

Zayn thought for a moment. "Wun back home?"

"Nope. Go to one of the adults and say you want to go home." Liam snapped his fingers. "We'll be here faster than Superman."

Zayn grinned and nodded. "Okay!"

Liam followed him inside and Zayn felt his stomach flutter as he walked inside, excited but at the same time nevous. He would be alone for the whole day. That was a lot of time.

Carly smiled at him and greeted him cheerfully. Zayn smiled shyly, quietly saying hi back. He walked over to the hook which was his and saw a light blue paper stuck to the wall. Zayn leaned up on his toes and squinted. "What'sh thish?"

"It's your name. It says Zayn," Liam said, tapping the blue paper. Zayn tilted his head curiously and watched the words with interest. He could easily draw the first letter, his name was easy and it looked cool. "Jayn have cool name," he told Liam as he took off his bag. He hung his jacket on the hook and took off his shoes, motioning for Liam to do the same. But then he remembered that he was leaving.

Zayn looked up with a pout. "You leaving now?"

Liam took off Zayn's beanie and smoothed his raven black hair, pushing the headband back. "Yes, but I'll be back in a few hours." He kneeled down and smiled, holding out his pinky finger. "You promise to have fun?"

Zayn nodded and linked their pinky fingers. He hugged him tightly, burying his face in Liam's neck. Liam smelled good, like vanilla ice cream. Zayn pulled back and grinned. "Jayn want iche cweam."

"We'll see when we get home," Liam chuckled, placing his beanie on the hook. Zayn watched him go, the fluttering in his stomach having been replaced by sadness. Carly rubbed his back and told him everyone was playing in the main room. Zayn walked over to his bag and zipped it open, pulling out Ziam. He had been taking him to kindergarten for a few days now or else the wolf would have been bored at home. Ziam never got to see it from the inside though since Zayn had been so busy. He thought of Matt and the other two he knew here, Sam and Will. His thoughts then wandered to Eric, who had come to him yesterday and said he was his freind.