"Ney"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 112
[Liam]

Liam and the boys looked everywhere in case he'd put his phone somewhere. But it was to no avail, the phone was not in the room. Harry walked out of the bathroom and shook his head. "Maybe Zayn has it."

A spark of hope ignited inside of Liam and he remembered unlocking his phone on the plane.

"But he doesn't know the password, what use is it to him?" Niall said and leaned back against the wall. The clock was ticking and time was running out.

We can't leave without him, Liam thought. "I turned off the password on the way here. I let him play on it."

"Call it," Harry said, eyes widening. He fiddled with his phone and pulled it out of his pockets.

"He knows how to answer a phone, if there's an adult near him then we can find out where he is," Louis said, biting on his lower lip. His voice sounded nervous and Liam wondered if they were all thinking of the worst case scenarios.

Harry called Liam, pressing the phone tightly to his ear. Liam clasped his hands tightly, looking at the boy's face for any reaction. Only disappointment.

"Nobody's picking up." Harry called him again.

"That's it, we're using up time," Niall said. "Harry can keep calling him, but I'm heading down to check one more time."

Liam nodded to Harry. "Stay here, in case he comes back." His heart twisted and Louis spoke his thoughts out loud, "He can't come back, he doesn't know the way."

Liam walked down the hallway moodily and ended up sitting on the couch. He ran a hand over Ziam, wishing he could track Zayn with it. He'd dropped his things on this floor. Then he had to be here. He couldn't have taken the elevator by himself, nor could he have gotten into someone's room and stayed there all night. It wasn't likely for him to have gone out either because then the receptionists should have seen him.

"Where are you?" Liam wondered out loud. He checked his watch and stood up. They were going to be late if they didn't find him in the next ten minutes. Liam walked down the other hallway, where at the end there was a balcony. He hadn't checked there so he supposed he could do that as well, though it wasn't very likely he was out.

Liam's stomach churned with worry and he jumped when he heard a phone ring from one of the rooms. He continued walking and checked the balcony. It was bright but cold outside and the parking lot was clear from here. Liam peeked over the railing, his socketed feet getting colder by the minute. Frustration passed over him and he felt the urge to throw one of the chairs overboard.

He walked back inside and closed the door. Leaning back against the wall, he ran a hand through his hair. He was dressed in the shirt he'd slept in and his hair was a mess. Zayn was nowhere to be found and Pete was probably hurrying Mike and Preston to bring them here.

Harry ran over to him, looking the same, as if he was ready to either break down or hit a man. "Nobody's picking up I've been trying for so long. Did you have a a lot of battery?"

Liam tried to recall. "Around 50%, I'd say."

"We can track your phone to find Zayn," Harry said, chewing on his bottom lip. He looked down at the floor. "We'll be late and it won't be a good impression. Simon's already trying his best to bring the thunder. Mike's staying here and he'll continue the search for Zayn. If he doesn't find him by the end of the show, we call the police." Harry swallowed and gauged his reaction.

Liam sighed and nodded. He knew they had no choice. Trying to ignore the worried feeling eating away in his stomach, he took a deep breath. "Let's go get changed then."