"Jayn awaysh doesh the dishesh"

Chapter 2
{Louis's POV}

Louis felt excited. Sure, it was a big responsibility in adopting a kid but there was also a lot of fun. Louis had a lot of sisters he'd looked after in the past, surely he could handle a cute little kid?
"There's a few things we would like to tell you about Zayn." Lily said quietly, her eyes darting to the three year old boy who stuffed his comic book in his backpack. Louis nodded and followed her a bit far, where Zayn couldn't hear them, Harry aside him.
"As I said, Zayn's had a tough past so please be gentle with him. He's a bit shy so it'll take time for him to open up."
Louis nodded. "What does he like to do?"
Lily shrugged. "He reads a couple of comic books, draws sometimes. He's the most quiet, shy, and mysterious boy we have in the children's ward."
Harry smiled. "We'll take good care of him."
The boys returned to Niall, Liam and Zayn. They thanked Jackie and Lily before exiting the building. Alberto was standing guard outside.

"Cute lil fella." He commented, smiling at Zayn.
Louis grinned, but Zayn seemed to not like Alberto.
He hid behind Harry's legs, watching their bodyguard with scared eyes.
"Alberto's a friend, Zayn." Liam assured him.
That didn't seem to calm Zayn though. It'd be hard to get him in the car since Alberto was driving.
Niall and Liam climbed in the car, but Zayn seemed determined on hiding behind Harry's legs.
"Come on, Zayn." Harry said softly. He reached down to pick him up, but Zayn flinched and backed away.
Louis's brow furrowed. "We're not going to hurt you, little guy." He said softly and kneeled down.
Zayn's eyes darted to the right and left, and Louis knew exactly what he was thinking of before he did it.

Zayn ran to the left, but Louis caught him quickly. Great, the kid wanted to escape and it hadn't even been an hour.
Zayn struggled in Louis's arms, and Louis made sure not to hold him too tightly.
"Shh, Zayn. We're not going to hurt you." Harry said kneeling in front of him. He tried to calm Zayn down, but the little boy was too afraid.
Louis decided there was only one thing to do. "Harry, get in the car."
Harry sighed and nodded. He climbed inside and Louis tried to hand him a struggling Zayn, but Zayn put his feet on the top of the car door.
Louis tried to push him in, but Zayn pushed back. Finally, Harry grabbed his legs and together Larry were able to pull him in the car. "Zayn, sit still." Liam said sternly, as Zayn tried to climb out again. Zayn froze, nodding slowly. "Y-yesh swir." He said quietly.
The boys had the same horrified expression. "We're not your sirs." Liam said softly. Zayn was sitting on Harry's lap, but the boy had leaned so far, his head touching the back of the driver's seat.

Louis walked over to the other side and climbed in. Alberto locked the doors and started the car.
"Listen Zayn, we're not going to hurt you. Never. Okay?" Harry told him gently.
Louis watched as Zayn squeezed his eyes shut and buried his face on the back of Alberto's seat. "Jayn dwon't wanto go." he said quietly, his voice muffled.
"Zayn will have lots of fun with us." Louis assured him softly.
Zayn didn't answer. The boys hadn't realized that he'd fallen asleep, until his head dropped. Harry quickly grabbed the boy, and rested him on his lap. Zayn's head fell on Harry's chest and the boy slept all the way.

<><><><><><><><><>
When they arrived home, Harry lifted Zayn up, his head resting on Harry's shoulder, and climbed out of the car.
The other three boys thanked Alberto and climbed out, walking towards their house.
Louis frowned every time he thought about how Zayn had immediately obeyed, calling Liam, "sir."
It was heartbreaking, to say the least.
"Simon texted me saying that the men will be arriving later today. You know, to fix up the spare room." Liam informed him. "Also, he wants us to pick the color."
Louis shrugged. "We'll ask Zayn what his favorite color is. We have to buy him some clothes too."
Liam grinned. "Knowing you, you'll buy him a whole shop. Child spoiler."
"Oh, shut up." Louis rolled his eyes. "Children are meant to be spoiled, idiot."

They unlocked the front door and entered the house. Harry gently laid Zayn on the couch, unfolding a blanket and covering him in it.
"He's really light." Harry said sadly. "If I didn't know, I would think he's two year old, maybe younger."
Louis clenched his jaw and swallowed.
"He'll probably be hungry." Niall commented from the doorway, taking his shoes off.
He walked in and grinned, "So am I."
Harry shrugged. "Maria left some Manchurian in the fridge, I think."
Niall smiled widely and disappeared.
"Crazy monkey." Louis muttered.
"I heard that!" Niall yelled from the kitchen.
Louis stretched, cracking a few bones. "I'm gonna change, see you guys in a minute."
The boys nodded in agreement before he walked upstairs.

<><><><>Harry's POV<><><><>
Harry poured himself a glass of juice and sat down opposite Niall in the kitchen. The Irish lad was eating away the delicious Chinese food. "Oi, save some for us too." Harry mumbled.
Niall shrugged. "There's a lot in the fridge."
Harry sipped his orange juice. "Niall, what do you think about this whole adopting situation?"
Niall sighed. "Honestly, I was scared. But now? I'm kind of looking forward. I mean, Zayn seems like a really cute and nice lad." He looked down at his Manchurian as if it didn't taste as good anymore. "With a tough past."
Harry nodded in silence.
He hadn't noticed the little boy who had woken up. Zayn trudged towards them, rubbing his eyes with his small fists.
Harry smiled at his cuteness. "Hi Zayn."
Zayn dropped his hands and squinted at him, "Hai."
"You hungry?" Niall asked.

Zayn's eyes darted to the Chinese food on Niall's plate. He then glanced at Harry before glancing up at Niall, nodding slowly.
Harry smiled. At least they were starting to get somewhere.
Liam walked downstairs, already changed. Zayn's eyes widened and he backed away.
Liam smiled softly at him, kneeling down. "I just want to be friends."
Zayn pursed his pouty little lips. "Fwiendsh? You and Jayn?"
Liam nodded, smiling.
Louis walked downstairs, already changed into a pair of sweats and a shirt. "Hey Zayn."
Zayn bit his lip and looked down.
Niall walked over with a little plate with some Chinese rice. He placed it on the table before walking over to pick Zayn up and set him on the chair. But as soon as Niall walked forward, Zayn flinched and covered his eyes with his little hands.
Niall frowned. "I'm just going to lift you up. Don't you want to eat?"

Zayn glanced at the plate of rice, and then at the tall chair. "Jayn go shelf."
He walked over and grabbed the seat with his hands. Harry watched as Zayn tried to haul himself up, but with no luck.
Suddenly, Louis walked forward and lifted him up, setting him on the chair before he had time to react.
Zayn glanced at Harry then at Louis, his eyes darting to Niall, and then Liam. His eyes finally landed on the plate of rice, and he tentatively picked up the spoon before spooning some rice. The other boys took their places on the table.
As Zayn swallowed the rice, Louis smiled at him. "So, Zayn. What's your favorite color?"
Zayn hesitated a bit before answering. "Blew."
Liam beamed. "What do you like to do?"
Zayn shrugged. "Paint and daw."
He swallowed, and placed his spoon back in his now empty plate. "Jayn's done."
Harry raised an eyebrow. Zayn must've been hungry.
Zayn  grabbed the plate and jumped off the chair.

"Where are you going?" Niall asked.
"Clean da dishesh." Zayn said, shifting his wight from one feet to another.
Harry shook his head and stood up, grabbing the plate and spoon from him. "That's our job, not yours."
Zayn bit his lips. "But Jayn awaysh doesh the dishesh."
Harry felt anger bubble up inside him. Who had the nerve to make a little three year old do the dishes?
"Not anymore." Liam said gently. "You don't have to work here."
Zayn blinked his chocolate brown orbs. "What do Jayn do?"
"Play." Louis grinned.
It warmed Harry's heart as he noticed the cute smile on Zayn's face.
The lad fiddled with his hands before glancing up at Harry who placed the plate and spoon in the sink. "Can Jayn have shome woter?"
Harry smiled and nodded, filling a glass before handing it to the little boy. Zayn gulped the glass empty and handed it back. He wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Liam asked suddenly.
Harry groaned, knowing where this was going.
Zayn nodded.
"What about toy story?" Liam asked, a smile creeping on his face.
Zayn tilted his head. "What'sh toy shtowy?"
"The best kids movie ever." Liam grinned. He walked into the living room, and Zayn followed him.
"Should we join them...?" Louis asked.
"Well, I am." Niall shrugged.
Harry shook his head. "I thought we could go shopping later."
Louis grinned. "Okay, but let's watch "Toy Shtowy" first."
Harry smiled. There was no denying the cuteness of the raven haired boy.

<><><><><><><>
How was this chapter? :) Thanks for the lovely comments on the previous one!
Don't forget to vote and comment!

Love u guys xx