"Peyshence"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 133
[Zayn]

Zayn sat on the couch, staring at Ziam, an upset look on his face. He'd stopped crying when they had gotten inside, Harry rubbing his back. But Louis had locked the door when he'd tried to run out again. Now Zayn sat on the couch, upset with them all. He wiped his eyes with a huff, his backpack now clutched in his hand. Liam had taken the little tree cookie that was his, but Zayn wanted to be there when he opened them. He sniffled and pulled out the other things he'd made. A bracelet for each boy, a cookie for each boy, and a card for Harry and Maria.

Niall sat down beside him, staring at the things that were spread on the couch with a smile. "Did you make all this?"

Zayn nodded and lifted the bracelet that he'd wrapped in yellow paper. "Thish ish youw."

Niall looked at him fondly and accepted the little paper present. "Thank you. Can we open it now or is it a Christmas present?"

Zayn shrugged, fist coming up to wipe his moistened eyes. His wet eyelashes fluttered upsettingly as he thought about Liam not being here to open his presents with them.

Niall leaned forward and hugged him. "Liam's not going forever, kiddo. You'll see him again and we can Skype or FaceTime him."

Zayn had no idea what Skype or FaceTime was. He leaned into Niall's chest and pouted. "But Jayn don't want Liam to go. I want Liam to be hewe, with you, Louis, me and Hawwy," he said before his eyes widened suddenly. Did Liam leave because he was angry at him? Zayn hadn't meant to upset him with the cigarette thing.

"Niall," Zayn said quietly, pulling away. He looked up at the blonde boy with wide teary eyes. "Liam not leave because he angwy, wight?"

Niall chuckled softly and shook his head. "Of course not. Liam's not angry at all. You can talk to him tonight, yeah? If not, then surely tomorrow morning."

Harry walked out of the kitchen with a tray of man-shaped biscuits and Louis followed behind with four glasses and apple juice. Zayn's eyes lit up and Niall ruffled his hair. "Maria's going to be gone on her holiday as well, y'know, so she thought to bake us all something special."

"I'm going to call her, do you want to say thank you?" Harry said softly, leaning forward to fix his hair that Niall had ruffled into a mess. Zayn wiped his eyes with the back of his hand and nodded. "Can we save shome fow Liam?" he asked as he slid off the couch. Louis smiled. "If you want to, then yeah."

"I hope they don't disappear in the middle of the night," Harry mused, sending Louis a look.

Louis poured himself a glass of apple juice and took a sip. "Maybe Liam will come in the night and eat them."

"Liam will have to share with me too as well," Niall piped up, sending Louis a look as well. Harry rolled his eyes playfully and pulled his phone out. While he called Maria, Louis placed two biscuits on Zayn's plate. "Have you ever had gingerbread men before?" the older boy questioned, bumping his shoulder with Zayn's. Zayn shook his head and looked at the biscuit curiously. It was shaped like a man alright. A funny looking man.

"Well, here's your first try," Niall said and motioned for him to take a bite. Zayn took a bite and the biscuit tasted different; a little spicy, but tasty. He took another bite and Louis smiled, pouring him a glass of apple juice.

He thanked Maria for the gingerbread men, who wished him a Merry Christmas in return and then he ate gingerbreads with the boys, saving two for Liam, before he turned back to his own presents. "I make cookies today too," he said proudly, placing the remaining three paper bags on the coffee table, which was strewn with crumbs. Zayn placed the cookies on the right side and then frowned as he pulled out the card he'd made for Maria and Harry.