"I like me too"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 158
[Zayn]

Harry balanced the tray as he placed it inside the oven, and Zayn clapped loudly. "We did it!"

"Yes, we did!" Harry cheered, checking the clock. "Now let's clean up."

While Harry washed the dishes, Zayn placed the things back as instructed. When he was done, he climbed up on one of the chairs and then on the counter. He watched as Harry washed the dishes and Zayn had small flashes of when he used to wash the dishes. They never were so clean though.

"I can wash dishes," Zayn mumbled. Harry looked at him in surprise. "I know," he said quietly. "You've done it before. Do you remember why?"

Zayn looked at him in confusion. He didn't remember why he could wash the dishes, but he knew he'd done it before. Weird.

Harry smiled at him. "Can you go check if anyone's awake?"

Zayn forgot his thoughts and he nodded excitedly. He hurried out of the kitchen and snuck upstairs. He pretended he was on a mission in a spaceship. Zayn crawled up the stairs quietly and then he hid behind one of the walls. The door to Louis' room was wide open and the older lad was still sprawled on the bed. However, Zayn heard small tapping noises.

He froze and pretended he had his alien watch before he peeked over the wall. The sound had come from the eldest twins' room. Maybe they were awake.

"Morning, Zayn," a voice chirped. Zayn yelped in surprise and slipped. He fell on his bum and frowned up at Phoebe. "You scawred me."

She snickered and helped him up. "Sorry, I was jus-" she stopped talking and sniffed, her nose scrunching and eyes squinting. "What's that smell?"

Zayn shrugged, lifting his hands up for effect. "I don't know."

Phoebe sent him a weird and amused look. "Okay, are you the only one awake?"

"No, Hawwy wake too," Zayn told her. He jumped as Phoebe uttered an "AHA!"

"Harry's baking," she said dreamily and hurried down the stairs. Zayn blinked, standing there. How did she figure that out? He decided to continue his mission, and he soon figured out that Daisy was in the bathroom, Doris was awake and in Daisy's room, but Lottie and Felicite were still asleep. He now headed towards the unknown room, but the room he knew belonged to Dan and Johannah. It was open a crack and Zayn curiously peeked inside. It consisted of white and blue furniture, framed pictures sat on the dressing table and a mirror hung on one wall. Johannah and Dan were asleep on the bed, both hugging something between them. Zayn contemplated whether he should wake them up, but then he decided his job was just to check if they were awake. He wondered when Johannah had left his room and when Louis had taken over. Zayn was about to leave but a picture caught his attention. He giggled and walked over to pick it up from the bedside table. It was Louis!

Zayn recognized him from all the baby pictures in his room. Except in this one Louis was his age, small nose, sharp blue eyes and a mischievious grin. Zayn grinned at the boy and lifted his hand. "Hello little Louis," he whispered. He kind of looked like a big Ernest.

Zayn put the picture back down, but that's when he noticed what both Dan and Johannah were hugging. It was Ernest. He couldn't see the little boy from the door earlier. Zayn tilted his head curiously. His heart ached with a weird feeling as he stared at a sleeping Ernest, who was curled by Johannah like Zayn had been last night. Except Johannah had stayed with him. And then there was Dan who had thrown an arm around Ernest, his nose pressed against the little boy's hair. Zayn's eyes welled and he started to miss the picture under his bed in London. In it his mummy was smiling happily beside daddy, who was smiling too. Between them stood Waliyha, holding up a baby Zayn with a toothy grin. Zayn felt a pang in his chest. Had his mummy held him like this, and had his daddy hugged him like that?