"What's a yeawr?"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 164
[Louis]

Wassup people, leave a vote if you've missed tiny Jayn 😭

"Gemma! No!" Zayn exclaimed as he jumped on the girl's back. Gemma's eyes shot up in surprise and she shrugged him off. They were all crowded in the foyer to wish the Styles family goodbye. Christmas had been incredibly fun and a heartwarming celebration this year. Zayn had tons of fun spending the day with everyone, and the kid was so tired that he'd fallen asleep while pooping. The sight had been instantly taken pictures of and posted to the other two boys

"I'm gonna miss you, my cookie buddy!" Gemma exclaimed and she spun around to give him a hug. Zayn frowned into her shoulder. "We can go sleyying again."

"Oh that was fun," Gemma agreed. Louis had to disagree. They went sleighing two days ago. Louis had fallen face first into the snow and gotten ambushed by his sisters. Normally, that would make the whole experience more fun, but while he'd been pinned down, a bird had soared above them and pooped on his head. His hair had been kinda sticky since. Also, there was a unique smell to his hair which Harry remarked was the smell of nature. Louis felt it was rather the smell of dried poop that wouldn't wash out with his shampoo. 

Gemma had filmed the whole thing and sent it to the boys as a Christmas present. So Louis wouldn't be hearing the end of it for a while. 

Harry hurried downstairs with his bag slung over his shoulder. "Everyone ready to go?" 

Anne and Johannah exchanged their last goodbyes and kisses while Dan and Harry did the same. Louis' siblings all took a turn to yell "good-bye" and "safe flight". Ernest started crying, and he clutched Harry's leg with a sniffle. 

Louis noticed Zayn's confusion out of the corner of his eye. Zayn was the only one who was not sentimental, excited or screaming goodbyes. Zayn climbed on a stool so that he could get tall enough to whisper into Louis' ear. "Whewre is Hawry going?"

"He's going home," Louis told him with a sigh. 

"To Landon?" Zayn wondered, tilting his head. Louis smiled and brushed strands of hair away from the boy's forehead. "No, home with Gemma and Anne."

Zayn gasped dramatically. "But he can't!"

"Hey, I want my brother," Gemma nudged him playfully, eavesdropping on the conversation. Zayn gave her one of his infamous pouts. "But I want my Hawry."

"Oh bohoo, you've had him long enough. I'm gonna have him for only one week, and then he's yours again. How about that?" she proposed, resting a hand on her hip. 

Zayn seemed to be thinking. He leaned towards Louis and dropped his voice to a low whisper. "Is one week much?"

"Not really, we've been here for almost three weeks now," Louis told him incredulously. Felt like a couple of days, time really passed by quickly. 

"But we been here fow soooooo looooong," Zayn drawled in protest. "Hawry be gone for a weeek."

"It'll pass by fast!" Gemma said optimistically. Harry finished his conversation and goodbyes with everyone else- he'd made Ernest stop crying too- before he headed towards the trio. "ZAAAAYN!"

"HAAWWRYY," Zayn launched himself into the boys' open arms, and though they had a thing for the drama, Louis loved them both for it even more. He found himself grinning fondly as Zayn babbled about his concept of "one week" and that he trust his "cookie buddy" enough to let Harry go. 

"But pwromise you come back," Zayn said, sniffling a little. The kid seemed on the verge of tears. "I promise," Harry said earnestly, giving the toddler a wet kiss on the cheek. Zayn made a sound of disgust and wiggled out of the lad's embrace. There went the sweet moment.