"Jayn'sh da leaf man!"

Chapter 62
{Zayn}

Light seeped through the blue curtains and onto Zayn's closed eyelids. He frowned, covering his face with his hands. "Go away," he mumbled, burying his face in his pillow. However the light stayed there as soon. He moved his face a bit and then it was again a victim of the harsh light. Zayn sat up, rubbing his eyes and yawning. He looked around with knitted eyebrows, wondering where Ziam was. Roar was sitting peacefully on one of the chairs, leaning on the POW pillow. Zayn lay down on his stomach and looked down on the floor to see his stuffed animal laying there staring up at the ceiling. "Oh Jiam," Zayn said, leaning forward and picking him up.

He kissed his snout before placing him on the pillow. Zayn jumped down from the bed and walked over to the door. Getting on his tippy toes, he grabbed the handle and pulled it down, the door swinging open. He made his way to the bathroom, making sure not to close the door completely as he sat down on toilet. When he was done, he climbed on the stepper and opened the faucet, washing his hands with the cool Cars soap. He pumped the red bottle again and again, rubbing his palms together. Zayn slowly pulled his hands away and saw a bubble forming between them. A soft gasp left his lips and he grinned as he began to form more bubbles. While he was doing this, he suddenly heard the sound of someone talking coming from downstairs.

Zayn pouted. He was always the one who was first awake. He and Maria. It had become a routine of theirs. Zayn would either draw, color or watch tv while she made breakfast.
Zayn washed his hands and jumped off the stepper, drying them off with the towel. He then left the bathroom, walking downstairs. He jumped down on the last step to see Anne sitting on the couch with a mug in her hand as she watched tv.

Her head turned and she smiled. "Good morning, Zayn."

"Oh, good mowning," Zayn replied politely. Anne patted the space beside her and he walked over. Aww, now he couldn't watch tv because she was already watching it. Zayn sat up on the couch and stared at the screen which had two people arguing. He turned his attention to the carpet. He suddenly remembered that Liam had put his Legos under the coffee table and he slid off the couch, pulling them out. He opened the box and put it on the couch, climbing up and beginning to build one upon the other.

Anne turned to him and smiled, shutting the tv. "Can I play too?"

Zayn nodded slowly, lifting the box and placing it between them. Anne placed her mug on the coffee table and began to pull out some Legos, building who-knows-what with all the different colors.
"Do you like it here?" she asked and Zayn nodded. "Yesh."

He didn't know why but he felt intimidated by Harry's mum. She was his mum, she was maybe the oldest one in the house. What if she didn't like Zayn? Harry would always listen to her and he loved her more than anything. Zayn knew he loved his mum more than anything even though he didn't remember her that good except for a few hazy memories.

"What do you like to do here the most?" Anne asked and Zayn watched closely as she built a long green building with single blocks.

"Jayn likesh to watch tv and play with da toysh. Jayn go out too, but now it'sh cold sho Mawia dwon't let Jayn go out anymowe," he told her, sulkily throwing his Lego building in the box since Anne just built a flower with her red and green Legos. Why couldn't he make anything cool?

"That's nice. I could use some fresh air, want to go out with me?" Anne asked, giving him the Lego flower.

Zayn's face lit up and he nodded. "Yesh."

"Let's get you changed and then we'll leave, yeah?"

Zayn's eyes widened and he shook his head. He pointed to himself. "Jayn go change."
He pointed to Anne. "Hawwy'sh mum go change."

Before Anne could say anything further he ran upstairs. He pushed open his door and walked over to his closet. He pulled out the grey shirt Louis had put on him a few days ago. Zayn staggered as he took off his pajama shirt with difficulty. He then grabbed the grey shirt and put it on, kicking off his pajama bottoms and taking on a pair of jeans.  He ran back downstairs and saw Anne standing there, already changed. She pulled her hair to one side and placed the mug in her hands on the table. She smiled at him and kneeled down, zipping and buttoning up his jeans. Zayn's cheeks turned pink, he thought she wouldn't notice!

"Uhm, it'sh hawd to do," he explained quietly.

Anne nodded, giving his forehead a soft kiss and Zayn tilted his head curiously. It was understandable why the boys did it, but why did she do it?
Anne began to take on her shoes and Zayn followed her, stuffing his feet in his sneakers. After she had slung her coat on, she bent down and put Zayn's foot in the right shoe since he'd taken them on the wrong foot. "So, who out of the boys plays with you the most?"

Zayn placed a hand on her shoulder for support as he thought. "Loueh playsh with Jayn da mosht."

"And what about Harry, what does he do?" Anne chuckled, grabbing Zayn's jacket from the hanger.

Zayn grinned. "He bakesh muffinsh!"

"He's back into baking, I see." Anne smiled, zipping up Zayn's jacket. She then pushed open the door and Zayn blinked a few times. The sun was high in the sky, providing  a little warmth in the cool air. Zayn jumped down the steps and ran out, eyes widening in awe at the trees. The colors were so pretty, blending together.
He walked forward and picked a red leaf from the ground, holding it up against the sun. "It'sh pwetty," he commented.

Anne walked over to him. "It is isn't it? It's my favorite time of the year."

Zayn stared up at the tree. It was still left with leaves, though most of them had fallen to the ground. Suddenly a leaf broke off and it slowly fell down.

"Do you think you can catch it before it falls?" Anne said and Zayn leaped forward, hands outstretched. He managed to grab the leaf but fell down on the other ones. It was a soft and cushioned fall though and he giggled. He stood up and handed Anne the yellow leaf. Anne chuckled. "You managed to do it."
Zayn grinned. He looked down at his jacket to see a lea stuck in his zipper. "Jayn'sh da leaf man!" he said, laughing.
"You can be the guardian of the leaves." Anne smiled and Zayn nodded, patting the tree.

"Let's take a walk," Anne suggested and Zayn nodded. "Owkay."

He and Anne walked further down the street and he turned around and waved to the half-naked tree. "The leaf man shaysh bye."

<><><>A/N<><><><>
Vote and comment for a double update? (;

xx