"Ziam said he missed me!"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 167
[Liam]

Once they got home, Zayn started jumping around. He showed Benny the living room and the kitchen, and he kept chattering with the stuffed animal. Liam chuckled to himself, fondly observing the kid. He himself felt relieved at being back home, and though this house was like a pit stop for the boys, it had never felt like  home the way it did now. To Zayn, this was his home. To the boys, this was their home with Zayn. 

As if realizing the same thing, Zayn bolted upstairs screaming about his room. His sudden shouts about Ziam made Louis gasp. "Fucking wolf should go die," the brunette grumbled, stumbling tiredly into the kitchen to make some tea. Liam followed after him, deciding he needed some coffee if he was gonna match Zayn's energy. 

"How was it single parenting?" he joked as he poured himself a cup. Louis wiped his nose on some tissue paper and then shook his head. "He's awesome."

Despite his grumpy remarks the entire trip, hearing that come from Louis made Liam grin. "Well of course he is."

"He's so smart," Louis said thoughtfully as he sat down opposite Liam on the kitchen isle. "Yet so incredibly dumb. Like I have experiences with kids, I have tons of siblings, but Zayn's so...perceptive."

"Hmm," Liam said, taking a sip of his coffee. 

"Like he asked me about the presents and asked why Santa wore red if nobody had seen Santa," Louis chuckled. He rolled his eyes. "And then the smartass said he knew you'd bought him the Ben 10 watch, which im pretty sure he overheard from our conversation."

Liam was about to whine that he wanted Zayn to think Santa had bought him that, but just then a insanely loud squeal was heard, which made Louis jump up. Liam raised an eyebrow at his quick reflexes.

"Everything alright?" Louis yelled casually, sitting back down. 

"Ziam said he missed me!" Zayn yelled back happily. Louis brought his mug to his lips and sighed exasperatedly. "Of course he did," he told Liam. "I swear that wolf cursed the entire trip." He suddenly broke into a smile, the corners of his lips tugging into a wider smirk. "Well, Liam. It's time for me to go chill, so you have babysitting duty."

"Happily," Liam grinned back, downing his coffee. "I havent seen him in two weeks, and hes already so grown!" Liam was about to leave the kitchen, but Louis stopped him. "Liam?"

"Hmm?" Liam spun around, fingers tapping against the threshold. Louis seemed deep in thought, thin fingers wrapped around the hot mug that sat in his lap. "The girl from earlier. Could it be Waliyha?"

Liam's chest constricted. "We can't know that."

"But what if it was," Louis mused, raising an eyebrow to make his point. "Zayn has a sister out there. She's family."

"He barely remembers her, and whenever he does it's not fondly," Liam pointed out, his lips curling in displeasure. He wanted it to be Waliyha, but then again they didn't know anything about the girl.

"We don't even know what happened to her," Louis mumbled, loud enough for Liam to hear and get the hidden meaning. Did they even know that she was...okay?

"Let's discuss this with the others," Liam suggested, not wanting to think about it right now. He knew he was brushing the problem under the carpet, but they needed to know more about Zayn's sister before they could jump to conclusions.

"Alright. Don't forget Zayn's social worker is coming after new years," Louis reminded him. "We can ask her some stuff about Waliyha then."

Liam groaned internally at the thought of the visit. No pressure at all. Having a social worker visit made him feel anxious. He knew there was nothing to be anxious about, Zayn was treated well and with gentleness. Yet their lifestyle wasn't the most ideal for a kid, and that was easy to spot.