"It dichappeaw"

ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE 141
[Zayn]

It was pretty cold outside, or Zayn felt so despite his sweater and jacket. The cold was different here than London, where it had been a little humid. Here it was dry and stinging. He felt his cheeks grow cold as they walked towards the grocery store. A couple of guys were standing by the door, not blocking them, but looking as if they were waiting for someone.

Zayn's hand was encased in Louis' warm hand, but Louis pulled away now. "There they are. Time for me to go." He looked worriedly at Zayn. "You'll be okay with the girls, right?"

"Uh no," Zayn lied in an attempt to make the boy stay. He knew they would meet again, but he didn't want to stay alone with the girls. Louis sent him an amused look. "I think you'll be okay."

"He gonbe okay," Doris said from the twin stroller, while Ernest was too busy playing with Lamlam. Charlotte leaned against the stroller handle with a smile. "Everyone will be fine. It's just a grocery store trip and a tour. We might even go for ice cream," she said, sending Zayn a wink. Zayn grinned widely, but Louis frowned. "In this weather? No."

Phoebe pouted, her face round and pale behind the scarf that covered her mouth. "No one's going to get sick, we promise. Mum makes this really good tea that you take after an hour, and-"

"-it prevents you from getting sick," Daisy completed happily. "The Tomlinson's don't get sick, now do they."

"Fine," Louis said, breaking into a smile. He hugged Daisy to his side, eyes crinkling as he smiled. "I missed you guys."

"We missed you too. Now go to your friends," Felicite said, pulling her gloved hands out of her pockets to push Louis. Louis chuckled and sent Zayn a comforting smile before he turned around to leave. Zayn watched with slight disappointment as Louis hurried over to the guys, who all cheered and hugged him, welcoming him back.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

The girls took him everywhere. Zayn walked alongside Charlotte and the twins who were in the stroller. Daisy was on her phone and Phoebe was suggesting places they could go. After dropping off groceries home, they had show him around, the stores, the park and the school and the twins kindergarten. So far, Zayn hadn't uttered a single word, but he was starting to get cold. They had also bought two chocoalte bars, which they divided between them. The weather didnt seem to bother the Tomlinson siblings though, and Doris gasped, pointing to the playground. "Show Zayn playgwound!"

"Good idea!" Daisy said, looking up from her phone. Zayn smiled a little as he looked at the long slide, a small reminder of the kindergarten grounds back home. He ran forward excitedly, looking around for a way to the top of the slide. There were stairs back home, but here he had to climb up. Zayn put his foot on one red stone and then pushed himself up, almost tumbling down. "I'm goin to fall!" he yelled as he pushed himself up again, only to bang his elbow and fall to the sandy ground. Ernest started laughing and Doris gasped in worry. Felicite hurried forward to help Zayn up, brushing the sand off his jacket and jeans. "You okay?" she asked, wiping his face with her scarf. Zayn huffed but nodded. He lifted his arms, asking her to pick him up. He was intent on taking the huge slide down. "Up. Please."

Felicite chuckled and picked him up, setting him at the top of the slide. Zayn broke into a grin and sat down. "I'm coming!"

"Okay, we're watching!" Daisy called back with a laugh. "Do you want us to catch you?"

"No, Jayn big boy," Zayn said proudly, pushing himself forward. He laughed loudly as the cool air rushed over his head, and the slide turned, depositing him in the sand. He jumped up with a happy smile. "Again!"

"I want too!" Ernest exclaimed, and Charlotte let the twins out of the stroller. Doris walked over to the climbing stones, and she frowned as she tried to climb up. Zayn was taller than her, yet he'd had a problem with getting on it. Ernest on the other hand, walked past Zayn to the slide and tried to get on it the wrong way. The boy tried his best to climb up, but it was a futile attempt. Zayn snorted with laughter as Ernest slipped. The younger boy slid down the slide on his stomach, blinking in confusion.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

The ice cream was delicious, and Zayn hummed as he ate, swinging his legs. He grinned at Ernest, who had ice cream on his nose.

"Ernie, you have ice cream on your nose," Phoebe cooed, bending down to wipe it off. Zayn couldn't help but smile, feeling an inexplainable sense of longing. He licked his cookie dough ice cream, nose wrinkling as a sneeze lured up his nose. Zayn looked away and sneezed so hard he dropped his ice cream. Gasping, he looked down at the mess and deceased, slowly melting ice cream. His eyes stung as he stared at the delight, about to cry.

"Aww, it's okay," Charlotte said, rubbing his back gently. Zayn looked at her with welled up eyes. "Can I have anothew one?"

"Of course, I'll buy," Daisy said, sprinting up and holding her hand out. Zayn hesitantly grabbed her hand and let her steer him back towards the shop.

He got on his tiptoes and pointed to the bright pink strawberry ice cream. "That one!"

Daisy bought it for him, handing him it with a smile. Zayn licked a stripe happily, his tastebuds filling with the sweetness of strawberry. Just as he was about to lick again, a white flake landed on top of his ice cream, staying there for a few seconds before melting. Zayn wondered with wide eyes what that had been when another landed on his nose.

"Oh, looks like Louis' calling," Daisy said, pulling her phone out and answering the call. Zayn looked up, blinking slowly. Another white flake landed on his eyelash, melting and wetting his lashes. Zayn slowly started to grin, reaching a hand out to catch the next flake. "Is snow?" he asked Daisy who was talking away on the phone, telling Louis where they were.

Daisy looked up with an excited smile. "Louis, it's snowing!"

Zayn squealed as two flakes landed on his palm before melting. "I catch snow. Jayn catch snow!" He gasped as he was lifted up in the air, his heart freezing for a minute. But then the person laughed softly, and Zayn could recognise that laughter anywhere. "Louis!" he exclaimed as Louis sat him on top of his shoulders. "I catch snow!"

Louis pocketed his phone and looked up at Zayn amusedly. "Did you now? Do you like it?"

"Japp!" Zayn said, licking his ice cream, Louis holding his legs in place.

"Don't spill ice cream on my hair," the older lad warned, and Zayn giggled. "Okay." A few flakes landed on Louis' brown hair, disappearing between the strands. Zayn gasped and started digging through Louis' hair. "It dichappeaw."

"Snow melts," Daisy told him, pointing to his ice cream. "And your ice cream is melting too."

Louis yelped and sat Zayn down, causing Zayn to laugh.

"Chill Lou, your hair's fine," Daisy told her big brother teasingly. Zayn licked his ice cream, pushing his cold hand into his pocket. "Yeah, chill Lou," he mimicked, grinning at Louis' amused look.

"Oh you're in for it!" Louis said, reaching forward to grab him. Zayn sprinted the other way, back to the benches the girls were at, his laughter sounding around them as soft flakes descended upon the ground.

↠↠↠A/N↠↠↠
Short chapter, I know. Next one will be longer, just had to get this filler done. 🤓 I'm excited for the next couple of chapters. A little draaamaa