"Dwon't shleep pweashe"

Chapter 36
{Niall}

Niall rubbed his face with his hands, his eyes drooping. Zayn had finally fallen asleep in Liam's arms, getting extremely sleepy after drinking some milk (not before running on a rampage under and on the tables), and was now snoring softly beside him.
Niall glanced at the toddler with a small smile. Today had been...eventful, to say the least. Entertaining, but very tiring. As the days went by, it was proving to be harder and harder to look after the little kid as he came out of his little shell.
They arrived home twenty minutes later, and Niall glanced around at the boys who seemed just as tired as him, though Louis and Liam looked completely knackered, Louis practically being a walking zombie. His hair was disheveled, his eyes fluttering closed every minute. Liam was half-asleep and only opened his eyes and nodded when Harry shook him. Harry offered to carry Zayn, and Liam gave him the sleepy boy.
Niall sighed in relief as he entered the warm and welcoming house. He kicked off his shoes, and threw his coat on the coat hanger before walking into the living room and jumping on the sofa.

Harry walked upstairs with Zayn, while Louis stumbled into the living room, and Liam plopped down on the couch with an exhausted sigh.
"Remind me next time not to buy gummy bears." Louis muttered, falling face first on the sofa. "Or licorice, or jelly beans." his muffled voice came.
Liam stood up and stretched, groaning as they heard the sound of his bones cracking. "I'm going to bed." he said, hand coming up to stifle a yawn. Louis nodded, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. The two of them left the living room and Niall sat there. He was tried alright, maybe he should go to sleep too? Besides, they didn't have anything to do tomorrow and he could sleep longer. Niall nodded at his decision and left the living room, his warm and cozy bed waiting for him upstairs.

👢👢👢👢Harry👢👢👢👢
Harry woke up to whimpering coming from the door. At first he had thought he'd imagined it, the thunder outside playing trick on his mind. But when lighting flashed outside, he saw a terrified Zayn squeeze his eyes shut. Harry rubbed his eyes, making sure that what he was seeing was right. Louis was sleeping like a coma patient beside him, completely oblivious of the scared child.
"Zayn?" Harry muttered groggily, blinking to get used to the dark. "H-H-Hawwy." Zayn whispered, his voice so quiet Harry had to strain to listen. He squinted in the dark, faintly able to see Zayn's silhouette. Harry reached out to his nightstand, pressing the home button on his phone so light filled the room. Zayn's eyes landed on him, and relief washed over him as he ran forward. The screen locked itself again. "H-Hawwy!" he whispered urgently, hands reaching out. Harry lifted Zayn up and sat him down beside him, between him and Louis. He sat up himself and unlocked his phone screen, shining the light to illuminate Zayn's soft and scared features, tracks of tears on his cheeks. Thunder boomed outside, and Zayn whimpered, squeezing his tiger harder than ever.

Harry frowned, hand reaching forward to rub the child's back. "Hey, it's okay. It's just a little bit thunder."
Zayn shook his head, wrapping his arms around Harry's waist, the tiger between the two lads. Lighting flashed and Zayn shuddered, squeezing Harry tightly. Harry hugged him back, rubbing Zayn's arms filed with goosebumps. The phone was about to lock itself, and Harry put it on flashlight.
"J-Jayn went to Leeyum'sh w-woom, but Leeyum did not w-wake wup." Zayn explained quietly. "Nawiall wash shnowing."
Harry nodded, pushing Zayn's hair away from his face. Zayn looked up at him, his hazel orbs filled with fear. "Can Jayn shleep hewe? Paeashe Hawwy. Jayn ish showwy fo bewing mean."
Harry offered him a small tired smile. "Sure."
He gave Zayn a pillow, draping the duvet over him. The toddler sank down, leaning in closely to Harry. Harry locked his phone, turning off the flashlight.

They were quiet for a while, Harry staring up at the ceiling and Zayn lying beside him. "Hawwy?"
"Hmm?" Harry asked, eyes drooping.
"Dwon't shleep, pweashe." Zayn whispered, clutching him tightly as thunder boomed again. Zayn yelped, burying his face in his pillow. Harry tuned to the side, wrapping his arms around him. He rubbed Zayn's back and stroked his hair, humming quietly. Zayn relaxed in his arms, and Harry smiled fondly. He hummed to a song his mum used to sing to him and Gemma when they couldn't sleep, and he smiled at the memory. His eyes began to drop, but he forced himself to stay awake until Zayn had fallen asleep. Sure enough, five minutes later, Zayn's breathing became even and his tight grip loosened. Harry planted a soft kiss on his forehead before closing his own eyes and drifting off to sleep.

<><><><><>
The next morning, Zayn was already awake and out of bed. Louis was snoring beside him, and Harry decided he should let him catch up on some sleep. He left the warmth of his bed and walked downstairs, running a hand through his hair. Downstairs, the smell of egg hung in the air, and Harry's stomach growled. He walked into the kitchen with a wide smile. "Good morning, Maria." he said happily, walking over to the dining table's only occupant and tickling him lightly. Zayn squirmed, giggling as he slapped Harry's hands away. "Am eating." he said with a huff, pointing to the scrambled eggs on his plate. "Good morning dear." Maria replied back, readying another plate of scrambled eggs. "So." Harry began as he sat down. "Slept good last night?"
Zayn shrugged, eyes downcast. "Y-yesh."
Harry frowned. What happened, he thought Zayn would've been happy to not sleep alone. "Want to do something today?" Harry asked, smiling proudly as Zayn's mood changed instantly. The toddler grinned, nodding furiously. "Jayn hash waiwted all week."

Harry's heart warmed, and he smiled. "Well now we're going to finally do something."
"Shomething like what?" Zayn asked, tilting his head curiously to the side.
Harry thought for a minute, shrugging. "What do you want to do?"
The toddler grinned toothily. "Jayn hash a gweat idwea! Let'sh dwaw!"
Harry chuckle at his enthusiasm. "Okay, but then you have to promise me you'll draw Louis with a dress."
The toddler's lips curled into a tiny smirk, and Harry eyed the mischievous child in front of him. "Jayn hash anothew bettew idwea."

<><><><><><>
Haha, what do you think will happen? How was the chapter?
Don't forget to comment and vote, an of course follow me!
Also, I would love it if you would check out my other stories!

Love ya'll xx