"Come on, let'sh go to Mandosh"

Chapter 84
{Louis}

When he woke up next morning, Harry's side of the bed was empty. Louis groaned, rubbing his temples as he stumbled into the bathroom. After freshening up, he walked downstairs and met everyone at the kitchen. It was around eleven in the morning, the island crowded. He couldn't help but smile at the homey feeling with everyone talking with each other. Grabbing a chair, he sat down beside Zayn, greeting Maria.

Zayn was digging into his omelet, a glass of orange juice set in front of him. He was the only on who wasn't talking with anyone. Bobby and Niall were having a conversation that involved a lot of laughing while Maura was telling something, Harry and Liam listening intently.

"Good morning," Louis greeted the little boy, heart heavy. All night he'd been afraid of Zayn ignoring him. He'd become so comfortable with him, he couldn't possibly succumbs back into fear, could he?

If Louis had known, he would never have pulled out the bottle in front of the toddler. He had no idea Zayn had seen it before, but he suspected by his reaction, the memory was bad. Zayn didn't look up at him and he had stopped eating. Louis sighed in frustration. "I'm sorry. I didn't want you think I was going to hurt you or Niall."

Zayn looked up, his hazel eyes so innocent but filled with so many memories. Louis swallowed heavily.

"Am showwy."

Louis frowned, blinking. "You're sorry? For what?"

"Loueh niche, not bad," Zayn said quietly, tracing the stone of the island with his finger. "Liam shaid Loueh vewy niche, not bad."

Louis smiled in relief, slumping against the chair. Maria placed his plate and drink in front of him. "That's great." He turned to him. "You can trust me, I'll never hurt you."

Zayn smiled unsurely, nodding. "Jayn know, but dwon't huwt Nawiall too."

"Okay, promise," Louis said, making it sound like he was agreeing since that seemed like the only thing that reassured Zayn.

"I thought you liked apple juice," Louis commented, nodding his head towards the glass of orange juice. Zayn scrunched his nose up. "Apple juiche finish."

"Well, you're the one who finished it," Louis said, starting to eat his breakfast. Zayn gaped at him. "No! Loueh dwink apple juice too."

Louis pretended to think. "No, I don't think I have. It's all you, kiddo."

Zayn shook his head, leaning over to ask Niall what he thought about the matter, and Louis smiled to himself. He didn't know how much he'd been worried about the whole ordeal until he felt the relief of it. Zayn wasn't pushing him away, and his mistakes were now mistakes of the past.

<><><><><><>

"Do you want to leave the house and go someplace?" Niall asked, and Zayn turned to look at the TV, Tom again missing his chance to catch Jerry. He was seated in Louis's lap, the older lad absentmindedly playing with his hair.

Maura pulled her legs up on the sofa, cup of tea in hand. "Oh it's fine, dear. We just came to visit, you know."

"What about you boys?" Niall asked, feet on the coffee table. Harry poked his legs away with his knee. "Yeah, I think we should get out. Zayn's been coped up inside for long and it's a nice day today."

"What about Nandos?" Niall suggested with a sly grin. Louis snorted and turned to look at him. "Mate, I was so sure you weren't just asking for free."

"Up for it?" Niall asked, looking around. Everyone nodded, except Zayn who was watching TV. "Beside it's Saturday, and who stays in on a Saturday?"

Louis was about to comment that they often did, but decided against it with a chuckle. Zayn's attention was caught though and he turned to Niall with a grin. "It'sh Shatuday?"