4.16 (End)

Gao Chao dragged Jin Su out together, dug out his son from the rubble, and rescued a few people who were still alive, hoping to take them back to the North District with him.

But the doctor refused. Everything about him has been destroyed, his dignity, pride, dreams, those things that are more important to him than life have been turned into powder.

Seeing that it didn't make sense to him, Gao Chao had to give up. Before parting, Jin Su told them a secret as compensation for the world's sins.

The signboard of Leyang Village has flown to nowhere, the base is beyond recognition, and half of the buildings have been turned into ruins. But what is gratifying is that most of the residents hiding in the underground fortifications are still alive. The most awesome one is Li Guan, who also rescued Gao Chao's last chicken.

The home that they worked so hard to build was destroyed, relatives and friends were unfortunately killed, and the world was changed beyond recognition, making it impossible for everyone to recover from the huge blow.

But with the return of Gao Chao and others, everyone chose to cheer up again. Human beings are creatures as tenacious as Xiaoqiang. No matter how hard they suffer, no matter how harsh the living environment is, as long as they are still alive, they will one day rebuild their homes.

Leyang Village does not belong to Gao Chao alone, but to each of them. They long to rebuild a home of their own on this land, just like they once did, supporting each other, caring for each other, and living together happily.

Because a group of people from Blazing Fire joined in, the base was much more lively. They started cleaning up the ruins and building walls at dawn every day, and they were very busy.

But Zhuo Qiyou was planning to leave. The secret Jin Su mentioned was that when the embryo experiments were carried out, the military had a backup plan and conducted another drug experiment on one of the larvae in the mother's body.

To them at that time, the virus was an advanced experimental drug that changed human genes, and a magical extract that could create super soldiers. This experiment was conducted to prevent the super soldiers who successfully evolved in the future from getting out of control. No one knew whether it would be successful.

However, the facts show that the drug is effective, because Zhuo Qiyou was the larvae who was subjected to the experiment at that time. He did not change like his brother. Except for his extremely strong physique, he was completely human.

Jin Su believes that Zhuo Qiyou's body contains key information for treating the virus. If he can get in touch with the military's last base, he might one day be able to develop a drug to save mankind.

Zhuo Qiyou had long said that if he had the ability to save the world, he would definitely do it, so he did not hesitate and decided to find the military base.

Gao Chao was reluctant to let his son take risks. Zhuo Tinggao was very happy and encouraged his brother to leave quickly!

Gao Chao showed kind eyes to Zhuo Tinggao: "You go with your brother."

Zhuo Tinggao: "..."

Zhuo Tinggao didn't want to leave Gao Chao at all, and they had a quarrel. Finally, Xiao Tingting compromised. The night before leaving, Gao Chao paid a heavy "price" and couldn't sit down for several days. , the buttocks exploded in pain as soon as they touched the stool.

While he was eating awkwardly with his butt sticking out, Li Guan sat next to him, smoking a cigarette with a peaceful look on his face.

Gao Chao: "Brother, what's wrong with you?"