4.10

Although he had more than twenty helpers, Gao Chao did not take action immediately. The residents who had just experienced the impact of the ghoul wave were physically and mentally exhausted. Gao Chao asked them to take a rest first, and then talked to Li Guan about the situation here.

After discussion, the two decided not to risk continuing to clean up the isolation area for the time being. They completely sealed off the dangerous areas and passages and repaired the defensive measures first. There are more people in the base now, which is both a help and a threat. The scent of human flesh is too strong and will attract more monsters.

Gao Chao counted the number of people, learned about their work before the end of the world, and divided the residents into three groups. One group followed him to repair the walls and barbed wire fences, and the other group followed Zhuo Tinggao to clean up a small amount of food in the dormitory canteen and various functional areas. Ghouls, piles of corpses, and a group led by Li Guan went out to search for supplies and told everyone they met about the base.

They need people, now and in the future, lots and lots of them.

Although most people's combat effectiveness is not very good, and twenty people combined are not as good as Chi Lan and Zhuo Tinggao, Li Guan is still very reliable and can bring back some supplies every time he goes out. Gao Chao led the people to cultivate a small piece of land and grow potatoes and carrots.

More and more people joined them. After a year of hard work, they finally repaired and perfected the defensive measures, cleaned up all areas, and the air was no longer filled with the smell of rancid blood.

In the second year, they encountered many difficulties. As more people joined, conflicts between people also increased; the cleanup of the quarantine area was progressing slowly, there was a shortage of food, insufficient resources, diseases, and cold storage. The threats posed by unknown viruses... Everything is so difficult that people can't see hope.

Towards the end of the year, a small group of people tried to take the base as their own. After being warned by Li Guan, they actually opened the door and let the ghouls in. The sleeping residents were caught off guard and suffered numerous casualties. After a bloody battle, the base that was finally clean became bloody again.

Li Guan and Zhuo Qiyou killed the group, but they were also facing the crisis of significant attrition.

Gao Chao, who was always silent, watched the vegetable garden he cultivated and planted by himself being destroyed, and gathered the remaining people together to have a New Year's Eve dinner together.

He said calmly, I did not build this place for you; conversely, you built and protected this place not for me. I hope to build this base into a home where my sons can live in peace, and I will wait here for my other son to come home.

If you want to stay, just eat well and work hard - for your own sake; if you don't want to stay, leave now, no one is forcing you. But if someone else causes trouble again and destroys the home I built for my sons...

His eyes flashed with a fanatical and terrifying light, and he said viciously: "I will tie him up and burn him to death with a slow fire!"

Oh, be afraid!

resident:"......"

I heard that this man was already crazy, but after losing a son, he became even more crazy.

After this incident, the mood of the people in the base finally stabilized. They were no longer blindly optimistic, nor passive and lazy. They all spared no effort to do what they could in order to build a home of their own.

Zhuo Qiyou continued to grow. After his body matured, his growth rate stopped and he became like a normal person. He now looks to be around eighteen or nineteen years old, and is already a young and charming young man.