Chapter 105 - Slipping Through The Cracks

Start from the beginning

"He what?" Bakugou asks, a curious tinge in his tone.

Kira looks down at the carpeted floor between them, separating them. "It's nothing, actually."

"If it's bothering you, then it's something," he answers, his head turned to the right ever so delicately.

"Not something you'll ever understand," she decides to say.

Bakugou scoffs at her reply. "Suit yourself."

Kira kept her eyes on Bakugou as he waited for the lift to take him down to the ground floor. Her main priority right now was to find her partner and figure out what's going on inside his mind. What haunting thoughts does he possess? How can she help?

Kira takes the lift down, after it had dropped off Bakugou, clutching her bag strap with a death grip as it hung limp on her shoulder. It was early still - some of the students were still sleeping after a long night of planning.

As soon as the lift arrived at the ground floor, her eyes darted left and right for the familiar head of hair she's grown to love. Midoriya was awake, chatting to Iida vigorously about something. Ochaco, Momo and Tsu were on the sofa's, relaxed in their school uniforms. Sero and Shoji were deep in conversation in the kitchen and Bakugou seemed to be helping himself to his breakfast, ignoring the chatty duo beside him.

No Kirishima.

"Midoriya," Kira greets her friend. "You seen Kirishima?"

"Oh," Midoriya frowns at her question. "He's not in his dorm? I know he likes to walk with Kacchan to school."

"Yeah, I know," she says. "But Bakugou was waiting for him but he's not in his dorm and he didn't see him leave."

"Kirishima's missing?" Iida cuts in.

"Missing?" Kira repeats. "No, I'm sure he just got an early start to school."

"It's unlike Kirishima," Midoriya points out. "Is everything okay?"

Kira nods quickly, putting on a smile. "Everything's fine. I just... had a... disagreement with him last night and wanted to make up."

"Oh, well, I'll let you know if I see him."

"Thanks."

Even if Kirishima decided to leave the dorms behind for the morning, she knows him too well - Kirishima isn't really a morning person. He can't be far.

So, she made sure to grab an apple from the fruit bowl before she raced out the front doors of the dormitory. If Kirishima's made such an effort to get out of here before anyone else woke up, he may have 'forgotten' to eat.

The fact that Kirishima was so determined to be ready before anyone else, even before Iida... It concerned her.

Sure enough, Kira wasn't far behind her beloved, as she saw him up ahead, approaching the large UA barricade.

"Kirishima!" She calls to him. "What the hell are you doing?"

She tried her best to sound more concerned and less accusatory, but his expression told her he received the latter in her tone. Perhaps her own features told a different side of her.

Kira slapped the apple into Kirishima's hand and all he does is stare down at it, before pocketing it.

Kira narrows her eyes slightly. "Are you avoiding me?" She asks when he doesn't reply.

"No." It was a blatant lie. "I just wanted to get an early start."

"Kirishima," she sighs, looking down at the floor for a moment. "You... Bakugou was pretty confused this morning."