130. The Tradition Of The Imperial University

At 5:00 a.m. when most students were still in their sweet dreams, a loud sound of a whistle was heard, waking up the students who were with confused expressions.

"What's that sound? What's happening here?" Du Xiaoxing woke up in a daze and asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Mao Dan sat up in a daze as well. He looked around yet his mind was not working yet. Obviously, he was still asleep.

"I don't know." Gu Bai shook his head. He had just woken up and was not sure what had happened.

At this time, the whistle continued, so the students couldn't sleep peacefully.

"What's the occasion? Is anyone mad here? Why is anyone annoying all of us early in the morning? What time is it?"

"You are interrupting our sleep!" 

There were noisy sounds outside. Most of them were the students who were woken up by the sound.

"Get up! It's time for your morning exercise!" The drillmaster's voice was heard from outside the door, which sobered the students up. However, more students complained after hearing his words.

"Sir, it's just five o'clock. Aren't we supposed to start at eight o'clock?"

"Sir, we are still sleepy. I'm afraid we will be too tired to start training but sleep there directly. Will you show some mercy and let us start at eight o'clock?"

Several students haggled with the drillmaster. As a result, even if they were supposed to run 10 laps, they had to run 20 laps instead. And the more they said, the more they had to run.

Therefore, everyone had to keep quiet but complained loudly inside.

"Get up, guys. I'm afraid our drillmaster is probably waiting outside for us," Gu Bai said while wearing his clothes.

The dormitory was assigned yesterday. There were four people in one dormitory. Gu Bai, Wen Yan, Mao Dan, and Du Xiaoxing happened to live in the same dormitory.

As expected, when the four of them dressed up and opened the door, they saw Wang Jianjun standing near them, staring at the row of the dormitory silently.

"Good morning, Sir," Gu Bai and the others immediately said.

Wang Jianjun nodded at them and said, "Go run 10 laps at the playground."

"Yes, sir!" Gu Bai echoed immediately, pulling his friends to join him.

"10 laps at the beginning? We should have continued to sleep instead of opening the door." Mao Dan was desperate.

He had checked the dormitories beside them and heard nothing. Obviously, the students were still sleeping.

"If you do that, I'm afraid you will have to run more," Gu Bai said with a smile.

When the four of them came to the playground, some students had already got there and ran. Since there was no drillmaster watching, they ran randomly. Some were even walking.

Soon, Gu Bai and the other four joined the team.

During their run, more and more students joined them. It could tell from their faces that they were diligent yet they had no choice but to follow the order.

The drillmasters also came to the playground to supervise them. The students ran faster, fearing that they would be punished again.

"Lin Qi, how many laps did the drillmaster tell you to run?" As Mao Dan ran to one of their classmates, he asked in confusion.

Lin Qi was his classmate at Imperial University and lived beside his dormitory. When Mao Dan went out in the morning, he saw Lin Qi's dormitory door closed.