21-22

21. Successfully Entered Into The Contest

Gu Bai looked down at the raw materials in front of him and didn't see any commonly used ingredients in the interstellar world, such as potatoes and cabbage. That was to say, the difficulty increased this time. Some of the contestants had already lost hope and wailed.

However, that was not enough to defeat him.

"The first one, lettuce," the examiner said calmly and didn't leave them too much time to choose. There were only ten seconds left each time after he read the topic.

Therefore, in just two minutes, the second assessment was over and the results were given as well.

"I was so lucky to have taken a trip to the Plant Research Institute before the contest. You know, two of the ingredients have been discovered recently, so I'm afraid many people failed because of them," Fang Weixuan said gratefully.

"Even if you didn't recognize them, you could pass the test as well," Gu Bai consoled him. Both of them got full marks in the second round.

Fang Weixuan replied, "You're right. Haha..."

"You mentioned the Plant Research Institute just now. Is it studying new crops?" Although Gu Bai had a basic understanding of the world through Shen Bai's memory, there were many things out of his knowledge.

"Mmm, there are not many documents left during the ancient earth period. Luckily, the empire has spent a lot of manpower and time studying these crops. Although the success rate is not high, at least they discover a few new ones every year," Fang Weixuan answered.

Gu Bai was indeed a foodie. Even after doomsday, he had never given up his desire for food. Also, he was proud that he got the superfunction of wood, which made him closer to plants.

The third test was also on the fifteenth floor. There were only more than 200 people left at this time. But the sponsor still arranged them into ten test rooms, about twenty people in each room.

The test required all the contestants to cook their best dishes. After that, the judges would pick the top 100 for the final contest, which was based on their selection of vegetables, cooking methods, and the appearance, smell, and taste of the dishes.

The dish Gu Bai made was called Quick-fried Mutton Slices. It was not complicated, but it was enough for him to pass the election.

As expected, Gu Bai and Fang Weixuan were both officially nominated for the Gourmet Contest.

"First of all, congratulations, everyone! You are inducted into the official competition of the Gourmet Contest. The contest will be broadcast live the whole time." The sponsor held a meeting for the 100 contestants after the audition and introduced the procedure and competition mode briefly.

"Broadcast live?" The contestants were shocked at first, but then they were delighted.

The live broadcast meant that there would be numerous audience watching. If so, as long as they performed well, they could win more fans. Moreover, by the end of the contest, they would have a certain group of fans no matter whether they chose to open restaurants or become anchors afterward. In a word, they had no risk of loss.

"That's right. To promote delicacies in a wider range, we decided to apply to the live broadcast way. If it works fine this time, we may continue to broadcast it in real-time. You may be granted to cook in real-time live, and the audience will be able to try your dishes. As long as they come to your broadcast, you will gain a certain income, which is also your extra income," the sponsor continued.