11-12

11. He Was Not Mute

"Alas…" Gu Bai sighed deeply. Every time he saw the price of raw materials in the real world, he couldn't help but sigh.

They were too expensive! Why didn't the owners just rob him directly?

Vegetables weren't as expensive as those even in his last life. A cabbage was worth 100 XB, and a potato almost cost the same. Given the average salary in this world was about 3,000 XB each month, people could eat 30 cabbages or potatoes every month.

What's worse, the fruits were even sold by ounce. No wonder ordinary people couldn't afford to eat natural food. The price was crazy.

If Gu Bai's planting plan went smoothly and he could sell everything he planted, didn't it mean he would be rich overnight?

Still, he had to make enough money first! Money was his priority!!!

But before that, the best he could do was to enjoy himself in the Second World. Even if he couldn't swallow the food, he could at least taste them.

The next day, Gu Bai entered the Second World earlier than yesterday. He decided to use all his income yesterday to buy ingredients. Also, he planned to double the price.

If he could sell it all out, he would be able to earn ten thousand XB today.

Just thinking about it was enough to make Gu Bai excited. The only problem was whether the customers could accept the price. Recalling how they bid for the dishes yesterday, Gu Bai believed the new price was acceptable for them.

He quickly ordered and cleaned all the materials required and then cut them into the proper size. When he finished all the preparations, it was half past seven.

In that case, Gu Bai decided to check the surrounding restaurants and learn from his competitors. After all, that was the fastest way for him to get a more accurate understanding of his store.

However, when he pushed the door open, he found the same man standing at the door. His eyes were fixed on the shop until Gu Bai came out.

Gu Bai was confused.

What was he doing here? Was he staying? Gu Bai murmured to himself that he was too poor to provide the man with free food all the time.

Therefore, he pretended not to see the man and turned in the opposite direction, but the footsteps following him were hard to ignore.

He stopped, the following footsteps stopped; then he continued, so did the footsteps.

Finally, Gu Bai couldn't bear him, "Why are you following me?"

"I want to eat," the man said for the first time.

"So you're not dumb?" Gu Bai was surprised first and then felt a little angry.

If the man could talk, why didn't he answer any of his questions yesterday? Did he think Gu Bai was stupid?

"I want to eat," the man repeated.

"Eat what? I bet you are thinking about rubbish!" Gu Bai retorted unhappily, then he ignored the man and continued to walk.

But no matter where he went and how fast he walked, the man followed him from behind, keeping their distance properly.

Gu Bai was helpless, wondering if the man was determined to do this to him. Did he think Gu Bai's dishes were tasty and he wanted to eat in his place all the time?

"It's fine that you want to eat in my restaurant. I'm just wondering if you have any XB?" Gu Bai crossed his arms and looked at the man.

The man was nice-looking. Although people might not be impressed by his appearance at first glance and couldn't recognize him among the crowd immediately, he did look pleasant if people stared at him for long.

"Stop! Gu Bai, have you spent too much time after doomsday, and even ordinary men mean a lot to you now?" Gu Bai blamed himself inwardly.

He was gay, but it didn't mean he could accept any man as his partner. His standards were high, and the man in front of him wasn't his type at all.

12. Mu Mu

"I do," the man said seriously.

"I make expensive dishes, and they require many XB," Gu Bai continued with interest.

Although the man wasn't his type and even made Gu Bai think he was short-spoken and stupid, he was kind of funny.

The man didn't speak again but opened his back panel and showed Gu Bai the amount of his XB balance.

The string of zeros behind the number hurt Gu Bai's eyes. He didn't know how many zeros were there, but it was never a number he could make in his lifetime.

Looking at the man again, Gu Bai felt complicated. There were envy, resentment, and helplessness.

Gu Bai was sure that something had gone wrong with the man's brain. The man had so much money, yet he didn't guard against anyone but showed his balance to a stranger directly. He was like telling others that "I'm a stupid rich man. Come and rob me!"

The man was lucky to meet Gu Bai. If he had met any liar or dishonest people, he would be penniless within a few minutes.

Who was he, and why did his family leave him here alone with so much money? Weren't they worried at all?

However, none of this mattered. The point was…

"Come back with me. Just order whatever you want to eat," Gu Bai showed a big smile. Only the stupid ones would let him go.

And he surely wasn't one of them.

"What's your name?" asked Gu Bai on their way back.

They might meet more in the future, so he had to know the man's name first. He had become Gu Bai's money-spinner, after all.

The man frowned when hearing this as if he was trying to recall something. He seemed painful and didn't say a word after a while.

Just when Gu Bai was about to speak, he heard the man say, "I don't know."

He didn't know? Was there anyone who didn't know his name in this world? Was he hiding it from him, or...

But the man didn't seem like lying, so it might be true that he couldn't recall his name.

Gu Bai was sure the man was mentally disabled.

"That's okay. How about I call you Mu Mu first?" Gu Bai asked with a smile.

That was his best partner's name in his last life, which was a mutated vine that accompanied him going through many dangers and was his closest friend.

Now that he was reborn in the interstellar era and didn't know how the vine was doing, he would like to gift the name to the man as a memory of his partner. After all, he might not be able to see his friend again.

"Mu Mu?" The man repeated in a low voice.

Although the man looked ordinary, his voice was slightly hoarse and magnetic. Gu Bai heard him closely. Somehow, he couldn't control his heart from beating faster.

"Let's name you Mu Mu for the time being. Once you remember your name in the future, just let me know," Gu Bai stroked his chest and tried to calm down.

Such a charming voice was indeed seductive. Fortunately, the man had an ordinary look, or Gu Bai had no idea what he might do to him.

"It's almost eight. I have to go back and cook. You can wait in the store and buy the dishes when the orders are shown on the panel. If the customers get ahead of you, I'll make more for you after they left," Gu Bai reminded.

Because of the man, Gu Bai didn't get any information from other restaurants. But given the man was possibly a regular guest in his store later, Gu Bai decided to forgive him for this.