114. Don't Hate My Master

At the time when Gu Bai failed the Five-Star Chef test, Fang Weixuan made a video call.

"Bai, are you alright?" Fang Weixuan asked worriedly. 

Others didn't know who "the Genius Boy" was, but he had the answer.

"It's okay," Gu Bai said with a smile. The test failure didn't defeat him. He knew what he was capable of and his position in the field, so he wouldn't make haste.

Fang Weixuan was relieved to know that he wasn't depressed, so he changed the topic. "Xiaobai, how's your restaurant remodeling work? I didn't join you yesterday, so I haven't seen the restaurant yet."

"It's done, and the style is similar to the one on M95 Planet. But I don't think I can open it for the time being."

Thinking of the restaurant, Gu Bai was disappointed.

Fang Weixuan was astonished. "Why can't you open it?"

He had been looking forward to the branch for a long time, so he couldn't accept the answer.

"The law states that every restaurant has to have at least one Three-Star chef before opening. I didn't pass the Five-Star Chef test, so they withdrew all my previous certificates. So, I don't have enough to open it," Gu Bai explained as he shrugged.

It could be a good thing, though. Gu Bai wanted to open the restaurant because he had half a month before school started. But if he went to school in half a month, he wasn't sure if he still had time to cook in the restaurant.

Right now, without the Three-Star Chef Certificate, he only had several days before school, so he decided to focus on his studies first and left the restaurant behind for the time being.

"You scared me. If that's the case, that's so easy to solve." Fang Weixuan breathed a sigh of relief, blinking his eyes at Gu Bai while indicating him.

Gu Bai didn't get him.   

"Don't you feel well?" Gu Bai asked with concern.

Fang Weixuan was defeated.

"If you don't mind, hire me as the chef of the No. 1 branch on the Central Star. I want no salary but three meals a day, made by you, of course. Also, allow me to learn from you when you got time," Fang Weixuan proposed, feeling nervous.

It wasn't too much that he asked for three meals a day, but it was way too much that he wanted to learn Gu Bai's cooking skills.

If he was talking to anyone else, the person would definitely slap him away from the Central Star.

"You don't have to teach me specially. I'll be satisfied as long as you allow me to watch you cook," Fang Weixuan hurried to add. On second thought, he still believed he had asked too much, so he tried to save the situation, "Forget it, I..."

"Sure. Why not?" Gu Bai agreed quickly.

He had never intended to keep the tricks to himself. As long as he wasn't disturbed when cooking, he wouldn't mind if anyone wanted to watch.

What's more, it was Fang Weixuan who proposed. He was Gu Bai's best friend apart from Mu Mu and Grandpa Gu and the one who showed Gu Bai kindness all the time. With his help, Gu Bai had one more big issue solved. Therefore, Gu Bai was willing to teach him personally, not to mention letting him watch.

"Really? You agree?" Fang Weixuan couldn't believe his ears.

Although Gu Bai had never tried to keep him away when cooking and taught the fans some simple dishes, it was totally different if someone wanted to learn from him by his side.