15-16

15. What A Surprise?

"The tables and chairs cost 3,000 XB, and Mu Mu paid 2,000 XB for supper, so I earned 9,000 in total. 1,000 XB for the ingredients tomorrow. 8,000 XB is enough for me to hire eight robots." After going offline, Gu Bai lay on the bed and considered how to spend the money.

However, in the end, he decided to hire five robots to weed the grass in two days. Also, he could save some money for emergencies.

The next few days might be difficult, but as long as his restaurant could operate normally, he wouldn't lack money in the future.

Thinking about this, Gu Bai ran downstairs and found Bulter Gu, transferring the money to him, "Grandpa Gu, please help me hire five robots tomorrow."

Butler Gu was surprised to see five thousand XB in his account. After all, Gu Bai came here without a penny, and he almost went to the Central Star to revenge him.

How did he get the money within a few days?

Realizing Butler Gu was in doubt, Gu Bai explained, "I opened a restaurant in the Second World recently. And I earned these in the past few days."

"A restaurant? Master Bai, you know how to cook?" Butler Gu was both excited and gratified.

The Gu family was a chef family at the beginning, but later on, under the influence of the big environment, the chef industry suffered a huge blow, so did the Gu family. Luckily, they hadn’t given up cooking, and Gu Yuyan even became the most talented chef in the family for hundreds of years. If she hadn’t married the wrong man and died young, she should have revived the family to its previous glory.

Master Bai was Miss Yuyan’s son. Now that he could earn 5,000 XB in the last two days. He was surely gifted!

What a blessing! The Gu family was so lucky to have him to continue their cooking history!

Butler Gu looked at the balance on the account, his eyes wet.

Gu Bai knew that Butler Gu must have thought of the past. Although he was not a real family of his, he occupied this body and was determined to continue Shen Bai’s job.

"Grandpa Gu, I'm going to sleep first. I have to open the restaurant early tomorrow," Gu Bai yawned and said.

He was really exhausted today. The mental fatigue was more torturing than the physical one.

"Master Bai, go ahead and get some rest. You still have me, so don’t push yourself so hard.” Butler Gu was worried about him.

...

At the same time, an article quietly appeared on a food forum on the internet.

Topic: Shocking News! Such a Restaurant Had Appeared on the Food Court in the Second World!

Content: I’m an ordinary one who can’t afford natural food, so I’m interested in discovering all kinds of Gourmet shops in the Second World. It's not an exaggeration to say that I’ve almost gone to every store there, yet I always have a feeling that something is missing. I don’t feel that way until this treasure store appears: Blue Star.

The store has only opened for two days, and all the owner provided were Sweet and Sour Pork, Poached Spicy Slices of Pork, Braised Pork in Brown Sauce, Griddled Cauliflowers, Cabbage with Vinegar Sauce, Vinegar-pepper shredded potatoes, and the staple food were only rice porridge and rice. But I can promise you that every dish tastes amazing! I’ve stayed there since it opened and tried my best to compete with other guests, but I failed mostly. I can’t imagine how the rest had done that to do it so fast!