31-32

After the judges commented on the dishes made by the previous contestants, it was soon Gu Bai’s turn. The five judges’ eyes were glowing, and they stared at the dishes in his hands.

This time, they were not divided into small portions. It was a plate of Fried Chicken Giblets and water-boiled cabbage.

“I suggest you taste this one first,” Gu Bai advised, and the judges who reached out to the cabbage silently withdrew their hands, but none of them tasted it.

Although they were in the second world where they couldn’t really swallow the food, many people felt it was a bit disgusting when eating it, even though the taste was really tempting.

Gu Bai could understand how they felt, so he wasn’t in a rush to urge them. Instead, he waited for the judges to be prepared. He had a feeling that once they tasted it, the rest wouldn’t have enough to share.

“Let me try it.” When all the judges hesitated to try it, the only female, Si Xiao, picked up her chopsticks and put a chicken cockerel into her mouth.

They all fixed their gazes on her, expecting her reaction.

However, despite how smiling Si Xiao used to be, she was motionless, except her mouth was chewing right now.

She then picked the liver and continued her indifferent chewing.

“Si Xiao, how does it taste?” The other judges were worried.

Si Xiao didn’t answer. She picked up another cockerel and continued to chew.

“Si Xiao, if that’s inedible, we should try the cabbage first,” a judge advised.

Although Si Xiao was the only female among the five judges, she was a senior chef, being pickier about food than any of the rest.

Although she might be easy-going and gentle and wouldn’t embarrass the contestants, she would never taste any food that she didn’t like.

Therefore, everyone was worried when noticing she wasn’t being herself right now. Even Xiaobai’s fans watching the live stream weren’t sure if he could pass this, not to mention his anti-fans who took the chance and mocked him fiercely.

[Who just said his dishes were delicious? Aren’t you guys embarrassed? Can’t you see it? None of the judges dare to eat it. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen the judges are frightened by the dish served by the contestant. Your chef is a shame.]

[Hahaha, even Miss Si Xiao, the nicest among all, ate it indifferently. We can tell how bad it is.]

However, Si Xiao didn’t say anything but picked more frequently from the plate. When the cockerels decreased hard in the plate, other judges finally realized what was going on and followed her to eat it.

The moment they had the cockerels inside their mouths, they regretted it.

The cockerels were tasty and chewy, and the livers were soft and easy to chew. Their tastes were so different, yet they matched perfectly and magnified each other.

“Si Xiao, that’s unforgivable. How could you eat it alone without letting us try it?” Zhou Cegu blamed her as he moved faster to have more.

The other judges were so busy that they didn’t even have time to criticize Si Xiao.