89-90

89. The Taste of the Preserved Eggs

Gu Bai didn't tease his fans but held the jar out directly. Under everyone's attention, he opened the lid and took out the eggs.

They were all wrapped in a slightly hard layer of quicklime, seeming like small pieces of clods.

[It looks a little… I can barely find a word to describe it.]

[Is it clod on the surface? How are you going to eat it?]

All the fans stared at Gu Bai's movements carefully for fear of missing a single part of it.

"Xiaobai, how are we supposed to eat them? Shall we boil them the same way we dealt with the salted duck eggs?" Fang Weixuan stared at the preserved eggs, having every intention to start cooking.

Previously, he had pickled the duck eggs as Xiaobai did the same on his live stream. However, he wasn't there when his eggs were done but in the spaceship. Because of his brother, he missed both the duck eggs and the chaffy dish.

How annoying it was!

"You don't have to boil them before eating. It's eatable, but I suggest you not eat too much at a time. It would be best if you could have one every a few days," Gu Bai explained as he took the eggs out.

Du Yikang finally had a chance to speak, so he asked, "Why is that?"

"We've added mixed soda ashes and B quicklime, which includes a lot of lead when making preserved eggs. Therefore, you might suffer lead poisoning if you ate too much of it, needless to say, insomnia and lack of concentration." Gu Bai continued to tell them the details and warned again that they shouldn't make preserved eggs by themselves.

[I didn't expect a small egg to contain so many things.]

[If we were poisoned after eating it, why should we bother to make it? I don't dare to eat it now.]

[Come on, Xiaobai has made it clear that we shouldn't eat too much at a time. Eating it occasionally is acceptable.]

[How dare you promote the poisonous thing to the fans? I can't believe you are doing this to us! I'll report your crime!]

[Is he hurting human lives by doing so? Neither the Chef Guild nor the Plant Research Institute has evaluated its value yet. I'll call the police if he dares to offer such a thing to the fans!]

[Hey, the anti-fans, aren't you tired from disgracing Xiaobai?]

[I feel sorry for your hard work. How much did your buyer pay for this? Haven't you insulted yourselves enough after Xiaobai proved himself so many times?]

After Gu Bai finished talking about the preserved eggs, people had divided into two groups on the live stream.

Except for the anti-fans, some of Xiaobai's fans had the same worries and didn't dare to try it, but more people were full of expectations. After all, Xiaobai had never failed them before, so they chose to trust him even if it sounded a little bit dangerous.

What's more, they all would try eating it through the live stream instead of eating it for real, so they wouldn't face real risks if they were really poisonous. Compared to them, those who were at the spot should be worried.

However, none of the present fans felt worried. They all trusted Gu Bai wholeheartedly.

"Xiaobai, you have mentioned before that they would blossom. Come on, show us the inside!" some fans urged anxiously, sharing no worries from the anti-fans.

The others echoed, "Hurry, I want to see it, too. I wonder what it looks like when the eggs blossom. Will the egg wash become something like flowers?"

Gu Bai didn't open them directly but gave them to Fang Weixuan, Du Yikang, and other fans around him and said, "Go ahead and peel it yourselves."