25-26

"What's this for?" After the judges finished the rolls, they saw the dipping sauce and asked.

Gu Bai's mouth twitched slightly. The judges ate so quickly just now that he didn't have time to remind them before they finished.

"The steamed spring rolls would taste better and richer with the sauce," Gu Bai said honestly.

The five judges were embarrassed.

"Ahem... Since everyone has finished their comments, it's time to grade," the host stepped forward to ease the awkwardness, but the watchers couldn't help their laughing already.

[Hahaha! That's so funny! I've never seen the judges act like this. It's so valuable to watch this.]

[Hahaha! Bravo, Xiaobai! The judges are greedy, and the sponsor only lets us watch. Now karma comes.]

[The retribution came too quickly, like a tornado. Hahaha, but that also proves that Xiaobais rolls are so good that the judges couldn't wait for his explanation. I'd say Xiaobai is promising this year.]

[Oh, come on. This is the first match, and many contestants haven't shown their tricks yet, okay?]

[Tell me about it. I've never heard of Bai Xiaobai before.]

As the quarrel continued on the comments zone, the score was given. Gu Bai got 9 out of 10 in the end. He was the only one who got 9 and the above by now.

"Xiaobai, good job," Fang Weixuan thumbed up at Gu Bai as the latter walked downstairs.

Fang Weixuan had finished his test and got 8 before Gu Bai. He had been the first but now became the second because of Gu Bai.

However, even though Gu Bai brought the change to him, he wasn't annoyed but felt happy for him. Gu Bai was warm inwardly.

Since there were 100 contestants in the first round, it took the judges a lot of time to finish the evaluation. The 20 contestants with the lowest score were eliminated, while the rest successfully entered the second round. The next competition would be held in one week.

After the first round of the Gourmet Competition, there were many related topics on the Starnet, especially about Gu Bai. Although the topic didn't last long on the network, it brought more fans for Gu Bai and his store. After the new fans contacted the old customers of Blue Star, the store had won more attention, and the lining outside the store became longer.

However, Gu Bai had gone offline and didn't know any of this because the seeds he planted had sprouted.

"Mr. and Mrs. Gu, Miss Yuyan, thank you for your blessing! The seeds Master Bai planted have all sprouted," the butler looked at the green land and was excited.

It has been a long time since the Gu family moved to the Central Star and abandoned this place. He had never seen such a large number of new seedlings. The last time it became like this was probably a hundred years ago.

Bulter Gu didn't have much hope for the sprout this time, but he didn't expect that most of them had sprouted. Gu Bai was magic in his eyes right now.

For the record, the fringe planet they were on was a remote land that was known as the poorest land among all the planets. The natural conditions were not good enough, neither were the natural resources.

If this farm could develop smoothly, Gu Bai could live a more comfortable life in the future without worrying about surviving.

Looking at the sprouting vegetables in front of him, Gu Bai could only think of the dishes the contestants had made in the contest. He was so impressed that he didn't want to eat them for quite a long time.

But it was a great thing for him to see the seeds sprout.

Last time, to increase the survival rate of the seeds, he transferred the limited superfunction he had into them specially. In the past few days, his superfunction had been replenished and even became stronger than before.

That was how one cultivated his superfunction. Using them up constantly and then replenishing them. As the circle continued, again and again, one's superfunction would grow more stable. It might be slow to cultivate it in this way, but the good thing was his superfunction would be more solid during the process.

Of course, there was a faster way to achieve the same goal, i.e. absorbing the energy from the zombies' crystal nucleus. However, now that Gu Bai was in a world without zombies, he could only develop his superfunction in a slower way.

Luckily, the world was very safe. He didn't have to be afraid of losing his life but had enough time to improve his superfunction.

After pouring the newly recovered superfunction into the sprouts again, Gu Bai left them behind, thinking to himself that he would come back and do it again once his superfunction was recovered. He wouldn't stop until the sprouts blossomed and fruited.

Compared to him, Butler Gu was so curious that he came to check the land many times a day. He even wanted to sleep here so that he could keep an eye on them all the time.

Gu Bai tried to persuade him a few times but failed, so he had to let him.

The truth showed that the butler was right.

The day before the second Gourmet Contest, Butler Gu came to check these prosperous seedlings as usual and see if he needed to water them or do some weeding. In fact, he would be in a good mood even if he didn't have to do anything.

Unfortunately, when he walked to the farm, he was greeted with empty land. Butler Gu couldn't help rubbing his eyes, wondering if he had come to the wrong land. After all, his farm was large, and there were a lot of similar lands. He comforted himself that he went the wrong way.

Butler Gu walked to the side again until he walked over the entire farm in a daze but didn't see any cute seedlings.

At this moment, Butler Gu panicked. He looked at the bare ground in front of him and started to tremble with anger.

He knew that there must be someone who tore out all the seedlings with bad intentions because even the seedlings were worth a lot of money.

"Damn it! Damn it! Which bastard lost his heart and ruined everything Master Bai had worked out for days?" Butler Gu almost shed tears, feeling sorry for Gu Bai. If he had foreseen this, he would have bought a guarding robot. He should have bought at least one even if he had to pay a large price. If so, the seedlings wouldn't have been stolen.

When Gu Bai came out of the Second World and looked for Butler Gu, he saw him sitting on the ground, crying.

He frowned and ran over. "What happened, Grandpa Gu?"

He looked around and didn't find anyone suspicious, but he wouldn't let the person go once he found out who he was.

Grandpa Gu was the first person who had ever treated him well in this world. Even if Gu Qi meant it for Shen Bai, it was Gu Bai who accepted his kindness and care. Therefore, he had already regarded Grandpa Gu as the only family he had in the world.

Gu Bai always defended his people. He never took the initiative to offend people, but he would destroy the one and his family if he was offended.

It was illegal to kill people here, but it didn't mean he could make it easy for his opponent.

"Master Bai, the sprouts, the sprouts are gone." Grandpa Gu couldn't hold back his tears and cried out in desperation.

It was lucky that he was always in good health, otherwise, he would have been sent to the hospital out of rage.

Knowing that Butler Gu wasn't offended, Gu Bai breathed a sigh of relief and then noticed the scene on the farm.

He knew more about plants than Gu Qi. Although the land was empty and had no sign of sprouts, it didn't seem like someone had pulled them out, but more like something had dragged them all from the underground, leaving only small pits on the surface.