118. The Roommates

Mao Dan burst out laughing from behind but soon covered his mouth. Still, his eyes betrayed his feelings.

Shen Liangqing trembled in a rage. She had no idea how Shen Bai didn't die on the fringe planet but came back as if he was a different person already. If he didn't have Shen Bai's face, she would think she didn't know him before.

Shen Liangqing took a deep breath and tried her best to calm down. "Miss, don't let him register. My family would never recommend him to study here."

Wen Yanni shifted her gaze on Shen Liangqing. She checked Gu Bai's document carefully and found something different...

"Miss Shen, the Shen family didn't recommend him," said Wen Yanni cautiously.

They all had to be careful because Shen Liangqing was hard to mess with.

"That's impossible! Who is willing to recommend him except my family?" Shen Liangqing didn't believe it.

The number of the recommended quotas for Imperial University was limited, and they were only given to big families with strong backgrounds. The Shen family only got it in recent years. If Shen Bai didn't get the chance from the Shen family, which family did he count on?

How did he know about other families? Shen Liangqing thought a lot in a short time.

"The Shen family has offered you the quota, so your family doesn't have an extra one for Gu Bai. He's recommended by the Gu family," explained Wen Yanni.

The Gu family used to be a big family more than 20 years ago. But it soon declined in the empire and didn't share its name among the big ones anymore.

However, given its history, the elder ones and the upper class still acknowledged the Shen family. Therefore, it was reasonable that Gu Bai had the right to get the quota.

Wen Yanni would never think that Gu Bai was from the Gu family, the family that once was popular among people. There were many talented chefs born in this family.

It was a pity that the only person left didn't even get a One-Star Chef Certificate by now. It looked like the Gu family was about to vanish from the industry.

"The Gu family?" Shen Liangqing repeated as if she had thought of something. Then she felt complex and urged Wen Yanni to do her job. "Hurry and finish my registration."

Wen Yanni quickly went through the procedures and didn't feel relieved until Shen Liangqing left.

"We are not done yet!" Before Shen Liangqing left, she threatened Gu Bai again.

But Gu Bai didn't even look at her, not to mention being frightened by her threat.

Even if Shen Liangqing didn't come after him, he wouldn't make it easy for her. After all, he remembered every horrible thing Shen Liangqing had done to Shen Bai before.

After Shen Liangqing left, Wen Yanni didn't dare to provoke Gu Bai but helped him register as well.

"Xiaobai, which class are you in? What's your room number?" Mao Dan asked.

Gu Bai replied, "Class One, Room 609."

Mao Dan was surprised. "We are in the same class. What a shame we are not in the same dormitory. I'm in Room 608. We are neighbors. Come find me if anything."

"Thank you," replied Gu Bai.

"By the way, didn't you pass the One-Star Chef Certificate test? Why did the madam say you didn't?" Mao Dan couldn't help asking. He had been curious since just now.

They were in the same test room, sitting together, and they didn't separate until they both got the certificate.

"They withdrew my certificate for some reason." Gu Bai confessed and didn't think the answer might disgrace him.